CASE BD
Targeting Computer BD
C3 Slave BD
Beagle Active Probe BD
Guardian ECM Suite BD
ghostrider
01/26/15 07:09 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I thought the legionaire tank was from mech commader 2?

I am assuming the magshot gr ammo is a typo.

Interesting that it has alot of electronics on it. Does make it sound like it should handle almost anything.

The big issue with spending so much on a tank is the criticals weakness.
But if you don't have the issue, this looks like a good stand off and fire tank.
Retry
01/26/15 10:05 PM

Magshot GR ammo isn't a typo. MagShots are basically tiny gauss rifles, so the GR stands for "Gauss Rifle".

Never heard of the Legionnaire tank of MechCommander 2. These two aren't related though.

I desired a tank with at least dual LRM20s and a PPC, decent speed and armor. I couldn't fit sufficient LRM ammunition with a SFE so I went XLE. This in turn gave me the space I needed, in fact a bit too much. I could have downsized, I suppose.

Instead of downsizing, what evolved was an expensive alternative to the Battlemech. LRMs give long-ranged indirect-friendly firepower, which can be particularly useful when coupled with the C3 Slave. Artemis systems augment their capabilities in direct-fire mode as well, though DF isn't recommended if resistance is heavy. The PPC provides potent, limitless medium-range direct-fire capabilities, useful if you're in a long fight against low-tech stuff. Magshots are also fitted for superior anti-BA and anti-infantry abilities when compared to flamers and machineguns. Both cannon and magshots are connected to a targeting computer giving slightly better-than-average accuracy for the tank crews. The C3S, BAP, and GECM complements each other in combat, with the GECM providing partial protection from jamming the C3S as well as other specific electronics, and the BAP assisting in identifying hidden or concealed units to others in the C3 network.
Karagin
01/26/15 10:40 PM

So who is going to use this? It seems to cover everything, so what kind of lance mates would this have with it?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Retry
01/26/15 11:10 PM

None in particular, it'd work fairly well with just about anything.
Karagin
01/26/15 11:19 PM

The only thing I not liking is the amount of ammo, most games will never see you using that much, granted it's 3 tons per launcher but that is bit over kill for the average BT game.

The mission role is also an issue, is this a indirect fire tank with better to hit missiles ala the ART IV or is it a brawler that is going to mix it up? You seem to be trying to do both of those missions as well as be an assault tank that will role into a city or the thick of a battle looking to take down the first medium to heavy mech it can find.
Karagin

Retry
01/26/15 11:34 PM

From my experiences with introtech(It's not an introtech tank, I know), LRMs need all the ammunition they can get. Many LRM platforms bleed through their reserves very fast. If the game's not going to last that long, you can always load alternative munitions.

It's a MBT that's meant to perform most battlefield roles adequately. This one in particular excels at medium to long ranges, but is particularly poor at close ranges due to dependency on LRMs, so it is not ideal as a close-range brawler. ARTIV doesn't work in IDF mode, but they're only meant to enhance direct-fire firepower if necessary. Preferably, a C3 scout will locate a target for a Legionnaire, and the Legionnaire will rain fiery death at improved to-hit numbers due to C3 benefits.
Karagin
01/26/15 11:40 PM

Enlighten me to what introtech is? Is this something new to the game or is it based off one of the fan made computer versions of BT?
Karagin

Retry
01/26/15 11:49 PM

Introduction-tech. The fundamental stuff. Nothing extended-range, nothing ultra, no special tricks, just your old basic lasers, missiles, and autocannons.
ghostrider
01/27/15 01:13 AM

So introtech is 3025 tech?

I will agree that lrm 20's tend to go thru ammo quickly.
But if I remember right, you can not use artemis ammo with a c3. Now they might have changed that in the newer rules.

As for magshot, that has to be a newer thing as well. I thought it was plasma cannon ammo.

Since all the stats like how much each weapon wieghs, I am going to assume this is a clan tank with all the lrms.
Not sure how many clans would use it though. A lot of material going into something that isn't a mech. But as I said before, they may have changed their ways of thinking in the newer books.
Karagin
01/27/15 06:15 AM

Never had missiles run out that fast, then again I would not be firing unless the odds favored a decent chance to hit. So I guess that is why I have not seen the ammo burn out that fast. I say cut the ammo down to four tons and use other too add in say AMS or some more secondary weapons since it is slow and can easily be flanked by anything faster.
Karagin

His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
01/27/15 08:32 AM

I have to agree that it is a bit pricy for a tank. I would rather have a reinforced company of less than a million C-Bill tanks than one fifteen million C-Bill tank. But I do like to have waves upon waves of light or ultra light tanks at my command.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
BobTheZombieModerator
01/27/15 07:04 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

I thought the legionaire tank was from mech commader 2?

There was one called the Legion. It was scary. That is one of my favorite MC2 missions...

This tank seems overpriced, as others have said, but it'd be interesting to see it in action.
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 169 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5866

Contact Admins Sarna.net