i need help

Pages: 1
wolf_lord_30
02/09/15 11:14 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Alright guys, here's the problem. I need justification for collecting Battletech. Other than just to collect it. I have no one nearby to game with, the brother in laws get lost by the rules and the wife really doesn't like like games.
so I can't justify spending money on a game I don't play, I refuse to get rid of it and I want to collect more. So anyone have any good reasons for me to satisfy my conscience? I even downloaded megamek just to play some form of battletech, but I prefer physical components and stacks of books to a computer screen. Any thoughts or jabs at my dilemma?
ghostrider
02/09/15 12:24 PM

First off, are the any other hobbies you have and spend money on? If not, then that is a good start.
If so, then next suggestion.
Does she have something the isn't necessary that she spends money on?
Now I know this next thing is something people don't like to think of, but you can always sell the books if you run into money problems or worse, die.
Now if you want to really annoy her, remind her that it helps keep drinking alcohol down, so it avoids getting blasted and wasting the money.
Now if you can find someone to play the game with, you are less likely to find another woman, but word it better.
Not sure what other things you have going on, but people need some sort of outlet. She may think it's a waste, but there is always something people 'waste' money on because they like it. 200 dollar purses and such for women is something a male would say is insane.

And the last thing for now.
If your bills are paid, and it's coming out of your 'lunch' money, there isn't any real reason that she should complain.

No offense to any of the ladies with this stereotype, but it kinda goes to the purse thing. Why spend a lot of money on a specific piece of clothing, because it 'fashionable' when you can buy 2 pieces for less? Put the ball back in her court. Money issues?? Buy 2 pieces of clothing and not complain when you don't have anything to wear.

Side note. I expect a message from the mods to keep away from such statements.
wolf_lord_30
02/09/15 05:32 PM

I guess I wasn't clear, my wife doesn't care if I spend some money on the game. She just doesn't like to play games. I'm the one who wants to spend more and collect more even though there is no one to game with. I want to collect it all, but have a hard time justifying spending the money. So I guess I'm just the crazy one.
ghostrider
02/10/15 12:18 AM

No. Not crazy. I would love to have the complete series for alot of things, like battle tech, dungeons and dragons and a few others.
Trying to make yourself justify spending the money to do so should be the point to look at. If you have to justify it, then you have basically made the choice.

I could point out a few things like you could move in the future or someone could move into the area that plays. Road trips to conventions and even finding groups that play. I believe retry was the one that plays megamek online, so finding someone here that plays might help.
There is a slew of things you can do to play, but most are not easy or simple.

If you are financially secured, then my opinion is do as you like. Stick with it and find a way to get something going. This also implies you have the time as well.

If you don't have the time or the funds, then reducing to the basics, possibly giving it all up might be the way to go.

I have a 7 foot dragon in my front yard. I got it because I wanted it. Not because I needed it. Not because someone else said so, but because I wanted it.
This is your decision. The best anyone can do is tell you that if you follow someone elses advice, you will probably be mad at them because it was wrong. Doesn't matter what they say, it is wrong.
Sounds like circular talk, but it comes down to how YOU feel about it.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3952

Contact Admins Sarna.net