Clans ans cheating

Pages: 1
wolf_lord_30
02/15/15 10:01 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I wanted to start a new thread because I didn't want to get too off topic on the Ice Talon design. By the way CarcerKango, I do like the mech.
Anyways, apparently what I said was misinterpreted. I said that the clans cheat. I meant that in a joking way and just my way of saying they are super powerful. I do not hate the clans, or clan mechs, they were a good addition to the game when they came out. They were just so much better than their Inner Sphere counterparts. That is fine it was meant to add a superior group to the mix, a common enemy for the Inner Sphere to go up against. A fresh set of mechs to play with. They were just very powerful. Now a good player could still beat the clans. And clan on clan was fun. But it was hard to beat them. Unless you had a novice player up against an experienced one, the clans had a very good chance to win. Although as a novice player as I was back in the day, I wouldn't worry about overheating my Loki or Madcat. Very dumb. So the clans could lose, but even making rookie mistakes and not understanding who the greater threat was, I would still hurt the experienced player pretty bad even as they defeated me.
Now, as I have stated before, I do not play past 3058. Maybe one day I will, but for right now I am trying to regain a collection that was lost when my brother decided to sell off all the Battletech years ago when I moved out of state. So, as I have a lot of memories attached to them, I go after the FASA products. In fact, I am pleased to say that I just acquired TRO 3055 and the Battletech Master rules. So I understand that some of you post material on here that I do not quite get, but from what I have researched, the Inner Sphere, although more advanced, is still behind the times when it comes to clan technology. I do play MegaMek, so I am able to see the stats of the current equipment, even if I can't see all their little special rules and quirks such as the heavy large laser.
And it is fine that the clans are more powerful than the IS. To a point, but sometimes it can be frustrating that no matter how much you maneuver, or bring a plan together, those better clan stats send you to your grave.
And I have to respectfully disagree with you ghost rider, having no minimum range for the LRMs is a big deal, to me at least. When you close the distance so you can bring your best weapons to bear, such as an axman just waiting to smash that vulture's head in, and he still hits with his LRMs, it sucks. Or your light to medium mech has moved fast, and trying to harass the enemy, and it still isn't enough, their long range means you need to get closer, you get closer and they just hit you even easier. And Maurer said they don't use stealth armor. Well to them that was underhanded and unhonarble, just like physical attacks. But that thinking is what got them beat at Tukayyid. They would fall to well laid traps and ambushes.
And before anyone asks, yes I do play as the clan sometimes and it is usually Clan Wolf. Big surprise there.
ghostrider
02/15/15 12:31 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
As with all games, a superior enemy frustrates gamers when there is a very large gap in technologies.
But if you are trying to fix a balance issue where units can almost destroy anything easily, adding in this technology will backfire.
The players will soon acquire the new tech. Then you are in the same boat.

I agree the no minimum on the lrms is a pain, but for the most part, I have not been able to get much close enough for that to be a real issue. Might have been who was running what, but by the time you get under 5 hexes, the unit was more of a suicide unit then an actually working unit.

The power of the weapons and lighter weights is hard to over come, when a single ppc hit to the head WILL remove that unit from play. The innersphere versions is possible to survive the hit. As mentioned in another thread, it is difficult to beat a unit firing clan erml's while your trying to fire an innersphere large laser. Just not likely to survive for long, even though the unit you are fighting is not quite half your weight.

The missile launchers are just as bad. I can stack 2 for every one you have. The fact they made it so there didn't stock more ammunition is about the only thing that gives you a small bit of hope. But having double the fire back tends to show that unless you are doing a long campain, you will die faster, with less likely hood of them running out of ammo.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 70 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3702

Contact Admins Sarna.net