Armament:
ER Laser (Medium)
ER Laser (Medium)
Pulse Laser (Large)
Manufacturer: Inner Sphere
Communications System: Standard
Targeting & Tracking System: Standard
Overview
Designed by Damage, Inc. for ground-attack and interceptor duties, the Ravenclaw was lightly-armed, but well-armored.
Capabilities
A 30-ton chassis was the framework for a quite durable aerospace fighter. Nine and a half tons of Ferro-Aluminium Armor allowed the craft to survive even two AC/20 hits to any facing but the tail and still be able to take a Medium Laser hit before its armor was breached. A 210-rated XL Engine meant that, with a safe acceleration of nine Terran gravities, not many hostile units bearing such heavy weaponry would ever get close enough to bring it to bear anyhow.
Armament was simple: A Large Pulse Laser mounted in the nose for close-in combat and strafing attacks, and for medium-range engagements, an ER Medium Laser was installed in each wing. Four tons of fuel gave the craft excellent range.
CrayModerator
02/17/15 05:34 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
That is thick-skinned and well-armed for a 30-tonner.

Nitpick: whatever program you're using is calculating aerial speeds incorrectly. With a 14 overthrust, you should be able to reach up to 28 hexes per turn on the low altitude map, corresponding to 5040kph.

Top speed on the high altitude map would vary by altitude, as each altitude row has a different speed ranging from 2 hexes per turn (~mach 2) to 15ish hexes per turn (~mach 15), assuming you had enough thrust to counter drag.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
CarcerKango
02/17/15 08:54 PM

Ah, ok, thanks. I've never played AT before tbh :P

This program's still pretty glitchy as far as aeros go, but they're working the kinks out I think.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
02/17/15 10:45 PM

One little problem with you assessment about other fighters attacking your fighter. If your in range for your weapons then there is a good chance your in range of their weapons.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
02/18/15 12:00 AM

Considering the Lyran Commonweatlhs light fighter, the Seydlitz from 3025 have a large laser as the only weapon, I would say donkey has a point. When the more advanced weapons came out, this would be more likely that other fighters would have better range.
And against the clans, it would be almost guaranteed.

But it seems usable.
Might have a little more armor then needed, but that shouldn't be that big of an issue.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
02/18/15 01:27 AM

That is why I only like heavy fighters. You might be able to do a lot of fancy maneuvering but at a point in time you have to come in range of my heavy hitting long range weapons. And in outer space there are not things to hide behind like trees or hills.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
CarcerKango
02/18/15 11:54 AM

And that's why there's the armor :P
CarcerKango
02/18/15 12:02 PM

I'll post a revision.
CrayModerator
02/18/15 06:17 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

Considering the Lyran Commonweatlhs light fighter, the Seydlitz from 3025 have a large laser as the only weapon, I would say donkey has a point. When the more advanced weapons came out, this would be more likely that other fighters would have better range.
And against the clans, it would be almost guaranteed.

Range isn't guaranteed in space combat when both sides are keeping their forward weapons aimed at each other. With aerospace's movement rules, it is far, far too easy to close into short ranges.

If you want to keep the range open generally both sides either need to cooperate at keeping the range open or one side needs to keep their butt pointed at the enemy and run away (assuming they have higher thrust and/or more fuel than the pursuers).
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Retry
02/18/15 07:48 PM

If you want ASF range, upgrade the laser to a X-Pulse version to bump it up a simplified range bracket.
ghostrider
02/18/15 08:33 PM

A fighter armed with innersphere ermls is guaranteed to be in the range of clan fighters with ermls.
When donkey said about being in range of your weapons, there is a good chance of being in the enemies weapons ranges.
I brought up one light fighter that I knew of from the 3025 era that has range on the others.
Unless you know the enemy can't reach you at distances, aero fighters are much like mechs. Close range tends to be it when in an open field environment. I would think you might be in ranges where innersphere lrms are having issues locking.

Now the x pulse laser. Is the innersphere one shorter range then the ermls?
Is it longer then the pulse one one the fighter?
Weight/heat the same?
if no to any of those questions, why use it?
CarcerKango
02/18/15 08:35 PM

Range is the same as a standard LL, heat is about like an ERLL, damage the same, weight the same.
CarcerKango
02/18/15 08:35 PM

I was thinking pulse instead of x-pulse purely for fluff reasons :P
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6489

Contact Admins Sarna.net