Savannah Master II

Pages: 1
Retry
03/04/15 02:56 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Augmented range, and armor that can survive a clan ERPPC hit on 3 of 4 sides, and IIRC two IS LPL hits on the same 3 of 4 sides, the new Savannah Master is faster, better armored(ish?), and equipped with a newer gun to better suit for the longer ranges of the new battlefield.
----
Savannah Master II
IS experimental
5 tons
BV: 358
Cost: 225,500 C-bills

Movement: 17/26 (Hover)
Engine: 45 XL

Internal: 4
Armor: 24 (Reflective)
Internal Armor
Front 1 8
Right 1 8
Left 1 8
Rear 1 0

Weapons Loc Heat
ER Medium Laser FR 5

Note:Savannah Master III has an XXL engine that moves at 20/30, costing about 600k C-Bills and 400 BV

Edited by Retry (03/04/15 02:57 AM)
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/04/15 06:08 AM

I think this is going to far. The thing that the Savannah Master has going for its self is that it costs less than a hundred thousand C-Bills.

Just swop out the standard medium laser for a Clan extended range medium laser.

For one of yours I can buy two standard Savannah Masters with the Clan medium laser.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
03/04/15 12:12 PM

For some reason it looks like it has only 8 points on most of the sides, with the 1 in front of it being the number of internal points. The space between them causes that look.
And the total armor points being 24 supports this odd looking armor set up.
3x8 is 24. So no rear armor, and it can NOT survive anything larger then a normal large laser.

Not being able to see the stats is why I dislike this style of stat sheet.

Though it does make you wonder how some of the vehicles that were in production would turn out with some real upgrades, not the canon ones put out.
Lpl on a manticore. Really. PPC or leave it.
Retry
03/04/15 05:46 PM

Reflective armor halves energy damage, rounded down. HPPCs deal only 7 damage to reflective armor, a ISLPL deals only 4 damage. So it can actually survive something larger than a large laser hit, if it's the right type of weapon. Not like the laser is exactly uncommon either.
GiovanniBlasini
03/04/15 06:02 PM

I agree that no armor on the rear makes no sense.

That said, the armor is reflective, so energy weapons are going to do half damage.
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
CrayModerator
03/04/15 06:05 PM

The bare butt is daring, though I'd be tempted to take some points off the side to cover it. Without a turret, this Savannah Master is going to have to turn its rear toward the enemy at some point to open the distance. Even a single SRM or LRM will wreck it then.

Otherwise, it's a nice upgrade.

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

Not being able to see the stats is why I dislike this style of stat sheet.

The armor was stated as reflective and each location had its armor listed, which is what you need to confirm Retry's claimed armor performance. That and the rules in MaxTech or Tactical Operations.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
03/04/15 08:15 PM

Where is the rear armor? I am not seeing this as an upgrade more as prototype that was used to test the armor, anything that hits it over 5 points is going to wreak it.

I agree this kind of posting of stats makes it hard to figure out things, but since we can't agree how a format should be then I guess we are stuck with what ever folks want to post.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Retry
03/04/15 08:24 PM

0 rear armor, so no rear armor.

It can actually withstand a cERPPC hit on 3 of 4 sides...
Karagin
03/04/15 08:29 PM

How about Gauss round?
Karagin

Retry
03/04/15 08:30 PM

No, it can't withstand a gauss round. It's only 1.5 tons of reflective armor.
ghostrider
03/04/15 08:59 PM

Without breaking out into the books, there is no way to see if this unit is correct on weight.

Though the use of reflective armor seems to counter alot of people saying they would prefer batteries of laser over cannons.
But it does suggest some thinking into how battlefields run. Trying to hit this with an ammunition weapon would be unlikely, as if it moved correctly, would be in the ammo wasting zone.
Karagin
03/04/15 10:18 PM

it is correct
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 191 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5753

Contact Admins Sarna.net