Jenny fleet lance

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/13/15 11:48 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Assinine Industries wanted the ultimate battlemechs for its Jenny Warship armada fleet . To do this Assinine Industries used its connections with in New Avalon Institute of Science and the Federated Suns War Ministry to get their hands onto a good amount of advanced Inner Sphere and Clan technology. It ended up costing Assinine Industries almost ninety three million C-Bills, but they got their mechs!

With the little space there was for mechs in the drop ship it was decided that the mechs would be the most powerful mechs money could buy.

Another resource that was used was the ability to request any mech warrior that was in the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns. Assinine Industries got all of the elite mech pilots this way. Each mech pilot was picked for their special skills to pilot the mech they where issued. They are able to work entiraly on their own and the ability to work with each other when needed.

For possible offense missions against any bandit king mechs and other ground units there is the Atlas Destroyer with its powerful long range weapons.

To back up the Atlas Destroyer there is the A.I. SRM4 Archer II with its large battery of Steak SRM-4 missile launchers.

To take out large numbers of conventional infantry and any hardened bunkers that the infantry might take shelter in there is the A.I. Urban Assault Mech.

The A.I. Urban Assault Mech's protector from mechs and any other armored threat is the A.I. Defiant. It has a good mix of long and short range weapons can deal with any reasonable threat that a bandit king might scrape up.

Any one of the mech warriors has the full authority call upon the fleet to bring what fire power upon any target that the mech warrior might need taking out. This includes the fire power of the entire fleet. If it is requested one mech warrior can have the Jenny's Medium Naval PPC's, all sixty eight heavy class fighters, and both drop ships entirely level a large city leaving not one wall standing in the entire city. The mech warrior will only be questioned of the need to have done so after the battle is over.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
03/13/15 11:49 PM

Atlas Destroyer

In an interview with reporters when the mech was delivered to Assinine Industries from the Federated Suns the reporter was told when she asked of what did the Battlemech cost the company the humorous answer that was given was, “If you have to ask how much it costs you cant afford it.”

Technology Base: - Mixed Technology
Equipment Mass 95
Internal Structure: 4.75 (Clan)
Engine: 380 XL 20.5
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Double 15 [30]
Gyro: 2 XL gyro
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: 292 standard 18.25

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3/9
Center Torso 30/47
Center Torso(rear) 12
R/L Torso 20/32
R/L Torso(rear) 8
R/L Arm 16/32
R/L Leg 20/40

Cost 27,483.820 C-Bills

Weapons and Ammo Heat Location Critical Tonnage
Gauss Rifle - 1 - RA - 6 – 12 (clan)
Gauss Rifle Ammo (24) - * - RT – 3 – 3
3 ER Small Lasers - 6 - RT – 3 - 1.5
1 ER Small Laser – 2 - RT(R) – 1 - .5
AMS - * - RT – 1 - .5 (Clan)
AMS - * - Head – 1 - .5 (Clan)
AMS - * - LT – 1 - .5 (Clan)
AMS ammo - * - LT – 1 – 1 (Clan)
LGR ammo (32) - * - LT - 2 – 2
3 ER Small Lasers - 6 - LT – 3 – 1.5
1 ER Small Laser – 2 LT(R) – 1 - .5
Extended Range PPC - 15 - LT - 2 – 6 (Clan)
Light Gauss Rifle - 1 - LA – 5 – 12

One could buy two lances of pre 3050 mechs for what Assinine Industries paid for the Atlas Destroyer.

The chassis was built from a couple of kingfishers that where so badly mauled they where combined to build them into one working frame. Do to the need to reinforce areas of the separate mechs that where put together to build the Atlas Destroyer it was possible to increase the amount of weight the mech can carry by five tons.

So the mech can stay up with almost any other assault mech and a lot of heavy mechs a 380 rated Extra Light fusion engine was used to power the mech.

To give the mech a really good long distance punch three of the most powerful weapons known to the Inner Sphere where installed onto the Atlas Destroyer, a Clan Gauss Rifle, an Inner Sphere Light Gauss Rifle, and a Clan Extended PPC. To make sure that the mech does not have issues with a lack of ammunition three tons of ammo was given to the gauss rifle and two tons of ammo was given to the light gauss rifle.8

The mech is at its best at range but if an enemy trys to close in with the Atlas Destroyer it was given Six Extended Range Small lasers to engage at short range. It was also given two Extended Range Small Lasers to the rear to help the mech to defend its rear arks from light mechs that might try to out flank it.

To keep the mech cool fifteen heavy duty freezer heat sinks where installed into the mechs engine compartment. This is enough heat sinks to keep the mech cool under almost all conditions. The only way to over heat the mech is to use alpha strikes and to run over a very extended time.

To keep the mech from being destroyed the mech was given as much armor as the mechs frame could hold and to assist in the protection from missiles three Clan Anti Missile Systems where installed in each area, the head, left torso, and right torso and was given a ton of ammo to feed the AMSs. The AMSs dose quite well defeating incoming missiles until the very limited ammo supply runs out.

This mech is not connected to the Assinine Industries reinforced home mech company. When Adam Eselon's dream of getting the Warship Jenny he knew what the Atlas Destroyer was meant to do it was the first mech to be attached to Assinine Industries Mule-Q Lander the Filly which is part of the Ambassador class corvette Jenny flotilla. Its mission within the Jenny flotilla is to attack bandit king mech forces. Because of the massive tech gap between the Clan technology that the Atlas Destroyer has and what very limited technology bandit kings can scrape up also with the normal bad discipline and tactics of most bandit king mech forces have the Atlas Destroyer normally does quite well ageist vastly suppressor numbers. Its natural companion was A.I. SM4 Archer II. Where the Atlas Destroyer is strong the A.I. SM4 Archer II is weak and where the A.I. SM4 Archer II is at its most powerful the Atlas Destroyer is at its weakest. Both mechs are normally accompanied by a lance of tanks or VTALs to help protect them from being out flanked and having their weaker rear armor attacked.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
wolf_lord_30
03/14/15 07:01 AM

I like all those ER small lasers as your back up weapons. Sure you're mixing technology, but why not do something a little different. Plus, if you are playing with resources, this will not be mech anyone can just buy. You have to earn this mech and it's mixed technology.

It seems like the weapons should flow well together, just when an enemy mech gets within the main weapon's minimum, all those lasers will light them up. The 4/6 is always scary on a 95 tonner too.
ghostrider
03/14/15 12:43 PM

Doing something different may be the point on it. Otherwise, why put something out that is a variant mech x?
This sounds more like a cobbled together unit that someone bought for way too much money. Which is a good change for once.
This looks like it is meant to be a one of a kind unit, not mass produced. Yes it is expensive. Yes it does appear to have little rhyme or reason. But it does look effective enough to do the job.

I'm just glad donkey didn't use the 'sliding doors' to cover the small lasers. Too much like a penetrator at that point.
Retry
03/14/15 01:23 PM

Good, if odd looking Atlas design. Not "ultimate" by any means though.
03/14/15 03:55 PM

I explained the reason for the entire lance. There is only room for four mechs, there is a good chance that they might see combat with six to one odds or more enemy units. I needed as much fire power in the smallest package and that was reasonably attainable. All four mechs where custom built for the unit.

Here is the naval fleet
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/175283/an/0/page/0#175283
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/175312/an/0/page/0#175312
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/175294/an/0/page/0#175294

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
03/14/15 06:08 PM

I do believe not every mech under the sun is the ultimate min/max monster. There are improvements almost every mech can have done, but is it really needed?
Why not just make an ultimate mech of every weight class and throw out the rest?
Please. Start fighting nothing but mirror matches or use orbital bombardments to fight battles. Makes the game so much more fun.

Yes, the mech can be made better if you just pull clan tech out your butt. Try to come up with something that uses battlefield scrap instead of alternative fan universal items so you can have the best of both worlds.

Or better yet, actually use what is available to a lowly merc instead of the high end better then the clans tech base materials. That's right. It's no fun playing the person who loses a mech before they get to fire off a shot.

Sorry for the rant. Just seems if it isn't min/maxed, it's ****. I need to cut that wild hair. It is driving me nuts.
Retry
03/14/15 08:57 PM

Based on the role description, a "min-max monster" is just what the doctor ordered. Apparently Assinine Industries does have access to clan tech in some form, even if only as rubble, else we wouldn't see any on this Atlas Destroyer.

Ghostrider, we've literally been over all of this before. I don't always use the mixed-tech experimental stuff and have created many IS tech stuff as well. Often used IS stuff, canon and non-canon, in my matches.

There is no such thing as a truly "ultimate mech". A mech can have room for improvement, as this one has, in it's role.(Could probably be done with further battles and salvage). A mech can also be at the top of it's class in it's intended role, which only a few designs have managed, arguably the Chevalier Light Tank(standard), the Condor Heavy Hovertank(upgraded), the Demon Tank(PPC), the Epona Pursuit Omnitank, the Manticore Heavy Tank(Standard), the Myrmindon Medium Tank(Standard). For their tech base, tech level, motive types, and roles, they don't get much better than that. Any attempts to improve them in their tech base and level would be trivial. Mech designs like the classic Jagermech and Rifleman variants, though, are so badly flawed that there is no real reason to use them unless you have absolutely no other choice, or are a masochist. Is it fun to use them or be massacred while using them? From my experience, no; for both parties involved.

Battlefield scraps? Already did that a while ago with a Bulldog variant. And yet again, I do use low-tech stuff frequently. What was the point of this rant?
03/15/15 12:19 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

I do believe not every mech under the sun is the ultimate min/max monster. There are improvements almost every mech can have done, but is it really needed?
Why not just make an ultimate mech of every weight class and throw out the rest?
Please. Start fighting nothing but mirror matches or use orbital bombardments to fight battles. Makes the game so much more fun.

Yes, the mech can be made better if you just pull clan tech out your butt. Try to come up with something that uses battlefield scrap instead of alternative fan universal items so you can have the best of both worlds.

Or better yet, actually use what is available to a lowly merc instead of the high end better then the clans tech base materials. That's right. It's no fun playing the person who loses a mech before they get to fire off a shot.

Sorry for the rant. Just seems if it isn't min/maxed, it's ****. I need to cut that wild hair. It is driving me nuts.

If you don't like what people post no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to read it. You have the full ability to ignore it. There are a lot of things that are posted that I don't even bother looking at because I don't see anything constructive coming out of it. Heck there are a good number of threads that I just out right ignored before I even looked at the first post because I saw it was just a fight looking for a place to happen. My suggestion is to ignore anything that is on this thread from now on because you will not like anything that I will be adding to it.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ATN082268
03/15/15 08:35 AM

<If you don't like what people post no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to read it. You have the full ability to ignore it.>

How true... Unfortunately it usually goes beyond what a particular viewer likes and dislikes. If a person dislikes X, then they will bash X, not so much because they dislike X but in the desperate hope other people will also come to dislike X.
Retry
03/15/15 02:40 PM

The high-tech new stuff tends to be a theme of a few rants.
CrayModerator
03/15/15 03:06 PM

Quote:
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey writes:

If you don't like what people post no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to read it.

That sounds familiar. Also advice worth following.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
ghostrider
03/15/15 09:04 PM

the last post I made was stupid and I should have avoided the continue button, but didn't.
I made the mistake of not giving myself time to cool down from things happening outside the forums and allowing it to influence the post.
I may have misread the intentions of Retrys post, as it appeared to mock the fact the mech in question was not the ultimate unit out there.

The argument of someones opinion of a rifle and the subsequent bombardment of how that opiion is wrong was part of the reason behind the outlet.

It was poorly executed attempt to reinforce the fact that the mech here was a good attempt not to max out everything, because if it was, everything would be clan made.

Given the issues from other posts, I allowed myself to slip beyond where it should.
Sorry if the thread got jacked from the stupid rant.

If it is needed, I will not fight any sort of punishment for pushing the line. If I was not up to admitting I made a mistake, I would have just deleted it and been done with it.
Hell, even just editing it and leaving it at that.
03/16/15 05:28 PM

Technology base: Inner Sphere L3
Configuration: Bipedal
Tonnage: 100 tons

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure Endo Steel 5t
Engine 300 XL 9.5t
Walking mp 3
Running mp 5
Jumping mp 0
Heat Sinks 12 (24) 2t
Gyro XL 1.5
Cockpit 3t
Armor 304 19t

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 31/50
Center Torso (rear) -/11
R/L Torso 21/31
R/L Torso (rear) -/10
R/L Arm 17/34
R/L Leg 21/42

Weapons and ammo Heat Location Critical Tonnage
ER Large Laser - 12 – RA - 2 – 5
7 Steak SRM-4 - 21 - RT - 7 – 21
Medium Laser - 3 – RT(R) – 1 - 1
Streak SRM-4 Ammo (25)- * - RT – 1 – 1
Streak SRM-4 Ammo (50)- * - RL – 2 – 2
7 Steak SRM-4 - 21 - RT - 7 – 21
Medium Laser - 3 – LT(R) – 1 - 1
Streak SRM-4 Ammo (25)- * - LT – 1 – 1
Streak SRM-4 Ammo (50)- * - LL – 2 – 2
ER Large Laser– 12 - LA – 2 – 5
Minis the left Hand Actuator

Cost 24,644,000 C-Bills

The A.I. Archer II was an attempt to increase the fire power of Assinine Industries original A.I. Archer. The short range fire power was increased slightly by adding two more Streak missile launchers. But with the removal of one of heat sinks the two extra Streak four packs are of little help at short range If more than ten of the missile systems do launch their missiles there is a chance that the remaining ammunition may explode do to over heating.

Where the mechs fire power really did increase was from farther away to the long range of the Streak missile systems range profile. With the unlikeliness of to many of the Steak four packs getting a lock on and launching their missiles there is little rick of over heating the mech.

The whole concept is not to fire a large number of weapons and to pray that something will hit. Like the old saying “Spray and pray” from Earth’s history from when automatic weapons first started to appear.

Two extra ammo bins where added to the mech from the original mech design. This increased the number of missiles that each launcher could launch by a twenty eight present. With the expected longer range the mech was expected to engage the enemy at and as such the less launchers that will launch their missiles each attempt to launch the mech might be able to be in the fight twice as long give or take considering conditions of each battle.

The real big true improvement on the old design is that two Inner Sphere Extended Range Large Lasers where added. This gives the mech the ability to engage enemies at ranges that the old design could not.

The two draw backs are, first the engine was dropped from a 380 Extra Light to a 300 Extra Light power plant to allow the extra weight for the added weapons at the cost of speed. The other was to entirely remove the Anti Missile System. Since bandit kings might use more missiles instead of energy weapons do to the ease it is to maintain missile systems where high tech equipment might not be available to keep lasers or PPCs working at their best the removal of the AMS could be quite damaging to the survival of the mech.

During an ambush for a company of enemy mechs in a forested valley the A.I. Archer II was fitted with a thrown together back pack that carried five tons of water. The water was to be dumped into the heat sinks to keep the mech cool. The thing was so thrown together that if the mech moved to fast or hit a tree it could destroy the whole thing. Also once the water was allowed to start flowing it would not stop until it was used up which was about thirty secants. The warrior knew that he had little chance of escaping if things went horribly wrong do to having no friendly reinforcements other a company of unarmored missile infantry who do to the woods did not even have their APC with them.

The mech was positioned in some heavy woods with a clearing of about two hundred meters in front of it. The mech warrior waited unto the first enemy mechs saw him before opening up onto the enemy mechs. To maximize the damage to the enemy he split the fire of his fourteen Streak Missiles between two targets at the same time as he started the flow of the water. Do to the almost point blank range he hit with every missile launcher doing massive amounts of damage all over the two mechs and both mechs fell to the ground from the pilots not being able to keep their balance. The mechs falling was the best thing for the A.I. Archer II because it opened up his sights to two more mechs which he opened up on as soon as the launchers where reloaded with missiles from the ammo bins. The second salvo was just as destructive as the first. By this time the mech was really heating up even with the water sucking away a lot of the heat. By this time the rest of the enemy mechs had time to react and they retreated into the woods knowing only that an entire third of their mechs sustained massive amounts of damage. The Archer pilot used this opportunity to finish the job with the first two mechs.

For the next hour when ever a mech came into view he would target it having a few launchers lock on and fire. The enemy took a lot of damage this way but nothing critical. They changed their tactic by rushing the Archer. The Archer pilot was expecting this and retreated wail using the trees to protect his self. After two hours of peekaboo assaults the enemy retreated with what ever they had left that was not destroyed in the engagement with the A.I. Archer II.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
03/16/15 06:01 PM

Is there a story on why the A.I.(name) is used?
With them being basically unique mechs, you could call them anything.

Now one suggestion to help with heat, might be replace a rear laser with a heat sink. But not sure of critical space.
03/16/15 07:58 PM

A.I. = Assinine Industries

The story behind Assinine Industries
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/164967/an/0/page/3#164967

No crits left. I had to remove the left hand actuator for its crit space to be used by something else.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
04/02/15 02:11 PM

The last of the mechs that are used by the fleet.

Equipment Mass 75 Base IS (mixed Tech)
Internal Structure: -Endo Steel 3.75t
Engine: 375 XL 19.5t
Walking MP: 5
Running MP: 8
Jumping MP: 5
Heat Sinks: 10 (20) Double
Gyro: 2 XL
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: Standard 231 14.5t

Internal Armor/Armor
Head 3/9
Center Torso 23/35
Center Torso(rear) -/11
R/L Torso 16/25
R/L Torso(rear) -7
R/L Arm 12/24
R/L Leg 16/32

Weapons and Ammo Location Heat Critical Tonnage
ER Large Laser (Clan) - RA – 12 – 1 – 4
2 Streak SRM-4 – RT – 6 – 2 – 6
Pulse Laser Medium (Clan) – RT – 4 – 1 - 2
Machine Gun (Clan) – RT - * - 1 - .25
Machine Gun (Clan) – RT(R) - * - 1 - .25
Streak SRM-4 Ammo (25) – RT - * - 1 - 1
Machine Gun ammo (50) – Head – 1 - .25
3 Streak SRM-4 – LT – 9 – 3 – 9
Pulse Laser Medium (Clan) – LT – 1 – 2
Targeting Computer (PLM) – LT - * - 1 - 1
Machine Gun (Clan) – LT - * - 1 - .25
Machine Gun (Clan) – LT(R) - * - 1 - .25
Streak SRM-4 Ammo (25) – RT - * - 1 – 1

Cost 19,934,688 C-Bills

The A.I. Defiant is the sometime companion mech for the A.I. Urban Assault Mech. Its there to help protect the A.I.U.A.M from threats when the A.I.U.A.M is in a city doing its job of taking out infantry hard points. Other times its being used as a hunter killer of rogue units.

One of its tactic is to jump up onto a very tall building and to take pot shots at long range at mechs or tanks with its Clan ER Large Laser.

For closer range combat it carries some the most accurate weapons that where made available by the Federation Sons to Assinine Industries. What was installed into the Defiant was Five Streak SRM-4 missile launchers backed up with two Clan Medium Pulse Lasers with a targeting computer. It could be very important when the A.I. Defiant works with the A.I. Urban Assault Mech within a city that there is very little collateral damage done to a city by the forces that are there supporting the local population and collateral damage in a lot of situations would not help political matters.

With two tons of ammunition for the Streak Missile systems it would take a long time for the mech to deplete its ammo supply. If for some how it was in combat for a length of time to where it did deplete its missile supply the Extended Range Large Laser and the two Medium Pulse lasers can fire indefinitely.

Since the Defiant can possibly be in areas where there will be possibly large numbers of enemy infantry the mech is surrounded on all sides with machine guns, since there where some Clan machine guns available From the Federation Sons to Assinine Industries they where installed. Since the Defiant's main mission is not to attack infantry the mech only carries two hundred and fifty kilos of machine gun ammunition. This amount of ammunition was considered the minimum amount that would keep the mech safe from a couple truly serous infantry assaults. It was not considered enough to assault infantry possessions on its own nor was the mech ever meant to do so.

The mech was out on a large Savannah hunting down what was thought was a small unit of rebels troops on hover trucks that where causing some trouble for out lining towns for a friendly planetary government to the Federated Suns in the Periphery. What was not known was that the unit was keeping its full strength a secret. When the mech pilot got the report from one of the two Savannah Master scouts that he found some the small band of raiders it turned out it was a lance of hover tanks that was from another planet that was hostile to the local system. The mech pilot know that he was in the worse possible place to be fighting hover craft.

He had little choice but to do something about them so when the hover tanks attacked he stood his ground and ordered the Savannah Master scouts to help keep him from being out flanked by trying to flank the attacking hover tanks.

The hover tanks saw the mech easily with nowhere for the mech to hide in the open grass lands and they advanced towards the mech. As soon as the first hover craft got into extreme range he opened fire with his ER large laser. He was disappointed that he opening shots never hit their mark. By the time he got a solid hit on one of the hover tanks they where within range of their own weapons and open fire on him.

Do to being in their own extreme range the hover tanks where just as unsuccessful in their attacks as the mech was with its opening shots. When the tanks got within long range of their weapons they tried to use their greater numbers to out flank the mech. but do to the threat of the Savannah Masters they never really had a chance to do so. The Savannah Masters kept to their own long range to keep from being hit them self’s so none of their shots ever found its target during the entire battle.

Since the out flanking tactic proved to be unsuccessful the hover tanks tried the tactic of charging in quickly and then darting away after they took a shot at a closer range. This proved to be a mistake because the mech was able to use its medium pulse lasers with their greater accuracy to farther affect then their own weapons proved to be. The mech was also able to get in a couple of shots with its Streak Missiles.

After the hover tanks took a really good beating from the mech they decided to use their greater speed to run away and the mech took chase. As the hove tanks where getting close to being out of extreme range of the mechs Clan extended range large laser the mech got a real lucky hit on one of the tanks rear armor and did critical damage to its power plant. The tank lost all power and nose dived into the ground causing the crew to take some severe bodily injuries. The two Savannah Masters kept watch of the hover tanks as they retreated and the mech did its best not to lose to much distance. The Savannah Masters found the dropship that the raiders where using as their base of operations and turned back to lead the mech to it. The mech pilot called in some aerospace fighters to do some bombing attacks against of the dropship as the fighters where being diverted to the landing zone of the dropship it launched and did a fast burn to a pirate jump point. The dropship was allowed to escape because it was decided that it could get to a waiting jumpshit before it could be reasonably attacked and it was not deemed to be worth wasting fuel chasing down.

Most of the stuff that the raiders left behind in their hasty escape was destroyed in the dropships thrust plume. A number of the raiders personal where captured because they also where abandoned.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
12/16/16 03:20 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 9084

Contact Admins Sarna.net