2 Machine Guns - RT(R) - 0 – 2 – 1
1 Machine Gun Ammo (200) - CT - 0 – 1 – 1
1 Machine Gun - CT(R) - 0 – 1 - .5
3 Medium Lasers - LT - 9 -3 – 3
2 Machine Guns - LT(R) - 0 – 2 – 1
6 Machine Guns - LA - 0 – 6 – 3

Cost 10,750,560 C-Bills

Variant;

The center machine gun was removed and a half ton bin of machine gun ammo was put in its place. The full ton ammo bin is normally loaded with rubber bullets where the half ton bin is normally loaded with anti-personal ammo. This mech is meant for anti-riot duty where its not really wanted to kill people but can if there is a real need.

Cost 10,743,360

The Urban Assault Mech was designed for Assinine Industries for the taking out of hardened possessions where enemy infantry troops are holding up. Assinine Industries felt the need for such a mech do to the dealing with other bandit kingdoms and the large numbers of infantry troops that they employ.

The mech was not given speed for tactical reasons but to travel from city to city quickly so it can put down resistance from enemy infantry troops. Tactically the mech is not all that bad off to possible enemy mechs that it most likely would come up against. Very few bandit kings will ever have access to anything better than 3025 technology and if they do it will be few and far between. In its weight class in 3025 tech six medium lasers on a mech that can move at 76.4km is something to be reckoned with.

The six medium lasers have good range within cities where they can hit hardened buildings out of range of most infantry small arms. Even the most reinforced buildings cant take the fire of six medium lasers for a prolonged period. If the enemy infantry units also have mecanized units the mech can also use its six medium lasers to attack the armored units. The other advantage is that lasers have no ammunition restrictions and can fire indefinitely.

As a back up for the medium lasers the mech has a flamer in the head for setting buildings or rubble ablaze to root out any infantry that might be trying to set up an ambush or to set up a snipping location behind the lines.

For its main job of anti infantry work the mech carries fifteen machine guns. There are six in each arm so the front and sides are well protected. There are an additional two machine guns in each rear side torso and one in the rear center torso. There is no way the mech can be attacked by infantry where the mech is not well protected with anti infantry machine guns that can not be brought to bare. Do to the great loss of life that the mech can cause in a very short amount of time the mech pilot will always try to give the enemy troops a chance to surrender. If a demonstration of the massive anti-infantry fire power is needed he looks for some unoccupied building that he can make into Swiss-cheese where the enemy troops can watch what happens to the building. Few troops are willing to face such massive firepower where there is little chance of survival. A good number of times the mech warrior was able to get the troops to lay down their arms and to surrender instead of needing to take their lives in a needless blood bath.

The one weakness is that the mech carries only one ton of machine gun ammo. If the mech was to need to engage large numbers of enemy infantry troops over a prolonged time the mech would need to disengage combat to go to an ammo dump get reloaded with more machine gun ammunition. The machine guns where made in the same caliber as the Defiant's Clan machine guns to make the linguistics of supplying ammo easier for the two mechs.

For defense the mech was covered with hardened armor so if the mech did find its self under waves and waves of infantry attack it would take a good long time before the mechs inner structure was exposed to damage.

This mech is attached to the Ambassador Class Corvette Jenny flotilla to help domestic friendly troops to the Jenny flotilla. Be them rebels to take out the current government or if its to help the government to take out rebels. The pilot has full discretion on what he dose or dose not do to help the side that he is there to help even if that means disobeying direct orders from the domestic commanders or even totally abandoning the friendly troops to the enemy. What ever he dose to help or hurt the friendly troops he is completely answerable to his commanders on the Jenny and to Assinine Industries his employer. The pilot is held fully accountable for any atrocities that the pilot might knowingly commit.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/20/15 01:25 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I posted this wrong it was meant to be posted under the Jenny Fleet Lance thread and not as a new thread.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
09/02/15 10:41 AM

I dont really know what people thought of my Gatling Machine Gun Cannon I had little response on what they really thought about it. This mech was one of the things that got me thinking of upgrading the weak under powered machine gun.

To give me more weight to add the new weapon system I had to change out the standard gyro for the XL. I had to drop one machine gun from each arm and the rear firing one from the center torso. I doubled the machine gun ammo and moved the ammo from the center torso to the legs. The old design had two free crits left the new design has none left but still has hands, they where not required to be removed.

This would be the new weapon layout

Weapons and Ammo Location Heat Critical Tonnage
1 Flamer - head - 3 – 1 – 1
5 Machine Guns - RA - 0 – 5 – 2.5
3 Medium Lasers - RT - 9 - 3 – 3
1 Gatling Machine Gun Cannon - RT - (0-2) - 1 - 1
2 Machine Guns - RT(R) - 0 – 2 – 1
1 Machine Gun Ammo (200) - RL - * - 1 - 1
1 Machine Gun Ammo (200) - LL - * - 1 - 1
3 Medium Lasers - LT - 9 -3 – 3
1 Gatling Machine Gun Cannon - LT - (0-2) - 1 - 1
2 Machine Guns - LT(R) - 0 – 2 – 1
5 Machine Guns - LA - 0 – 2 – 2.5

If you want to comment on the Gatling Machine Gun Cannon its self and not this mech please go here http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/178439/an/0/page/0#178439

The new weapon system does add more punch at the extremely short range that machine guns can reach out to but this mech was not all that much about ranged combat.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
12/16/16 03:19 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 212 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4967

Contact Admins Sarna.net