Medium Laser
Machine Gun
Machine Gun
Machine Gun
Manufacturer: Inner Sphere
Communications System: Standard
Targeting & Tracking System: Standard
Overview
A run-of-the-mill combat vehicle by Damage Inc., with several interesting points. Firstly, its main weapons' ammo independence, allowing it, at least at close range, to repeatedly put out an impressive amount of damage. Secondly, its speed, which allowed it to outrun anything it couldn't outgun, at least in the same weight class. Thirdly, its array of machine guns allowed it to take on infantry with ease.
Capabilities
A 45-ton, wheeled chassis, and 205 ICE engine produced a vehicle capable of speeds of about 87 kph. Six and a half tons of armor provided reasonable levels of protection from enemy fire. Three Medium Lasers were mounted in the turret for ammo-independent strikes, putting out damage equivalent to that of a Gauss rifle when all 3 lasers hit. Triple machine guns with half a ton of ammo shared the turret with the lasers, letting this vehicle scythe through infantry with relatively little trouble.
Deployment
Due to its short weapons range, the Dwarrow often sees use in city fighting, or in a scouting role, using its speed to outmaneuver main battle tanks and set them up for a devastating volley to the rear armor with its medium lasers.
Variants
Dwarrow Medium Combat Truck, type A: For fire support. Replaces lasers with an LRM-15 with three tons of ammo, mounted in the turret, and a front-mounted SRM-2 with one ton of ammo, usually Inferno munitions.
Dwarrow Medium Combat Truck, type B: For direct fire support at the cost of raw damage output. Strips off the weapons and half a ton of armor, mounting two AC/2's with one ton of ammo and an MG with half a ton of ammo in the turret.
ghostrider
03/26/15 12:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
You may want to double check the design program.
Not sure if its a typo but the turret has no weight, and no armor.

The variants do have merit if you don't use them in a city. The minimum ranges tend to be an issue.
Did you consider srms for the ammo dependent city fighter:
Another suggestion would be split the 15 pack up into 3 five packs and have a ton left over for something else. Cuts down on the main punch as now you have to hit with all 3 launcher, but you have some other tactical advantages, such as different ammo for the left over ton.
Also what happens to the power amps weight when you change out to the non energy weapons.
I would assume the turret issue is when the 2 variants didn't come up with not being able to support the weapons used. The ac 2s could not be in a turret as they are 14 tons together. The lrm 15 is 7 tons. for a turret that is supposed to be set up for 5 tons, this is a small problem.

Other then that, it appears to be a usable unit.
But there is one thing I should point out to all. Using infernos to defend a city is counter productive
CarcerKango
03/26/15 12:46 PM

Well, scorched earth!
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/26/15 02:37 PM

I would ditch the medium lasers for SRM-4s
Or
Dump the ICE for a fusion and drop the weight of the truck by half.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
03/26/15 09:25 PM

Actually the turret information is between the lift equipment and armor factor.
If you use the fractal system, it would be .45 tons. If you round up to the nearest have ton, it would be .5 tons. Still doesn't say how much armor on turret.

I would suggest you check the program you used, or hopefully used.
This will lead to issues of changing turret weights as you use the alternatives. I was hoping it was just a typo.
Retry
03/26/15 09:35 PM

I've used the program he's using a couple times. REMLAB has some issues and doesn't seem to have had any updates recently.
ghostrider
03/26/15 09:51 PM

It sucks the program isn't done, but it does say beta in it.

Hopefully they can explain the flaw to the programmer so they can fix it. Sometimes it isn't a easy find, like remove a weapon 3 times and it doesn't subtract the weight anymore.

I know I thought I had a great design, until I realized I missed on small thing. Which made the idea go bad. Only way I could do it was clan tech, and at the time, didn't have access to it.
We didn't have any clan ultra 20s. Innersphere gauss rifles were too heavy to fit.

Giving the unit another look, the turret might drop the armor spread a little thin. But it looks like a hit and run tank, not a battle tank.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4489

Contact Admins Sarna.net