Streak and anti-missile systems

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/02/15 02:29 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What happens when a streak missile attack is fired at a mech that is protected with an anti-missile system?

I am sure its in one of the many books that I don't own that is the reason i'm asking the question.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
CarcerKango
04/02/15 03:33 PM

Well, I'm pretty sure you treat it as a normal missile volley for rolling to see if any are shot down. Doesn't affect the roll on cluster hits table.
CrayModerator
04/02/15 06:40 PM

Quote:
CarcerKango writes:

Well, I'm pretty sure you treat it as a normal missile volley for rolling to see if any are shot down. Doesn't affect the roll on cluster hits table.

Total Warfare (p. 129-130) simplified anti-missile systems so that you don't roll for the AMS and it does affect the roll on the cluster hits table.

First, IF a missile weapon makes a successful attack against you in an arc that the AMS covers, then the AMS automatically engages the volley. If more than one missile volley successfully attacked in the turn, then the AMS's player gets to decide which single volley is engaged.

Each time an AMS engages a missile volley, it uses 1 shot of AMS ammo. Simplification: no rolls for ammo use.

Second, for missile volleys that roll on the cluster hits table, add a -4 to the engaged volley's roll. (This is cumulative with Artemis and Narc effects.) Simplified: no rolls for the number of missiles destroyed.

Third, for Streak volleys, you treat the Streak volley as if it rolled an 11 of the appropriate cluster hits column and subtract 4 (in other words, like the Streak rolled a 7). For example, when engaging a Streak 6 that rolled a successful attack, it'd have 4 missile hit. A Clan Streak LRM 20 would have 12 hit. Again, no rolls for the Streak.

Fourth, if the AMS engages a missile system that attacks with a single missile (Narc, Thunderbolt), THEN you do roll. 1-3, the missile is shot down. 4-6, it gets through. Or vice versa, it's a 50-50 thing.

AMS does not effect Arrow IV, which is considered artillery rather than missiles.

AMS is a bit more complicated on DropShips, WarShips, and other large spacecraft. On those, AMS can engage multiple volleys and protect nearby friendly ships. See: Strategic Operations for details.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3893

Contact Admins Sarna.net