Large Pulse Laser RT 10
Small Pulse Laser CT 2
Small Pulse Laser HD 2
Flamer LT 3

Equipment Loc
Partial Wing LT
Targeting Computer RT
----
The Hippogriff is Crossroad's (alternate history faction) primary battlemech. Designed to be used in restricting environments where conventional tanks would have troubles operating, including heavily forested areas, extreme hills, and vacuumlike environments. It's strategic movement speed is an adequate 24 m/s, but has great tactical maneuverability with a 210 meter jump range in a standard atmosphere. Combined with advanced armor types to augment survivability (reactive for the Mk.I, lamellor for the Mk.II), survivability is superior to most other mechs of it's size. Firepower is adequate for the 55 tonners and are designed to operate against both armor and infantry threats with a minimal supply train. The Mk.I is generally employed in less combat intensive roles such as a garrison unit, and is sold as an export model as well, as it's extremely cost effective for mech standards. The more advanced Mk.II is more expensive and somewhat more vulnerable with an XL engine, but it's better equipped for frontline combat with an additional large pulse laser, a targeting computer, and a flamer for the odd firestarting mission. Both models have performed admirably in Crossroad's armed forces, enough to be equipped as the main battlemech of general Crossroadian frontline units.
Drasnighta
04/22/15 11:40 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
... dammit, most of my comment gone because the previous comment was deleted while I was writing

Its a nice mix of pulse and ER for the MkI. I do like the choice of Reactive over Reflective - a partial wing with that many jump jets will mean falling damage eventually.

They do suffer from the fact that nothing can shoot directly behind it - but it should have the mobility to negate that...
CEO Heretic BattleMechs.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/22/15 11:45 AM

You don't say when your crossroads is in the time stream but Partial Wings are not really available until the late 3080s and even then its considered advanced technology aka it would not be on a main production line mech.

Of course you have never been one to worry about limitations on what highly advanced technology that you can use as every day items on your designs.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Drasnighta
04/22/15 01:20 PM

I think I might even see what I can do with this as inspiration... Similar Direction, my own ideas and fluff...

http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=177319&page=0&vc=#Post177319
CEO Heretic BattleMechs.

Edited by Drasnighta (04/22/15 01:50 PM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 306 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3485

Contact Admins Sarna.net