Center Torso (rear) 5
R/L Torso 7/7 10/10
R/L Torso (rear) 4/4
R/L Arm 5/5 10/10
R/L Leg 7/7 14/14

Weapons & Ammo Location Critical Tonnage

Large Laser RA 2 5
Small Laser H 1 0.5

Design has hand and lower arm actuators on both arms.

Fluff

==Overview==
The Shrieker was designed by Damage, Inc. to be, essentially, a faster, lighter Panther, filling a similar role of light-lance fire support during the Succession Wars. Being inexpensive (relatively) as well as having good armor protection, many a Shrieker found their way into Successor State forces.

==Capabilities==
The Shrieker was built on a 30-ton standard chassis and encased in six and a half tons of standard armor. It carried a right-arm-mounted standard Large Laser and a head-mounted Small Laser. Ten single heat sinks kept the 'Mech almost completely cool and it took several minutes of continuous fire to overheat the 'Mech to any significant level. In addition, the Small Laser was designed only as a last-ditch weapon, never really meant to be used if the pilot had any choice. The Large Laser, however, was a different story, providing good long-to-medium ranged striking capabilities and dangerous against light 'Mechs. The 210-rated Fusion Engine provided excellent speed for the Shrieker, allowing it to outrun anything its lasers couldn't deal with, at 117 kph no less.

==Variants==
None.
wolf_lord_30
04/24/15 02:34 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I like it but it would be kind of nice to still have the jump capability of the Panther. I'm not where I can say how much to change, but maybe if you made it a 5/8/5 or 6/9/6 then it would still be faster than the Panther and still jump. If you like it how it is though, don't change it.

Edited by wolf_lord_30 (04/24/15 02:34 PM)
CarcerKango
04/24/15 04:02 PM

6/9 would mean that it could be pursued more easily by most other lights of the day...I wanted it to be able to avoid Javelins and such, able to move quickly enough to avoid close-in fighters and wear them down with the large laser over time. Of course, then you have to worry about Jenners and such at those speeds...but the Large Laser again gives it a range advantage. The PNT is still a better city fighter, I just wanted something with the same concept (Little 'Mech+Big Gun) that was more versatile.
ghostrider
04/24/15 04:03 PM

Would think this is just a faster wolfhound then a panther. Without the ppc, it doesn't feel right.
Granted a ppc would overheat the mech, and I agree with wolf. Jets would make it feel more like the panthers little brother.
Granted, minimum range of the ppc would get in the way at times, and without a secondary weapon, it would be a little undergunned in the short range department.

Still looks efficient enough to perform without many issues.
Headhunter
11/03/16 05:26 PM

Seems like the Jackal in concept, which is not a bad thing. Even with a full load of armor, you are likely to lose that right arm, however that placement gives its heavy gun a good arc of fire. Everything in warfare is a risk, so I'd say leave it like it is. A great scout hunter and harasser, keep aware of terrain and it'll do fine. I would not mind having a few of these in my 3025 campaigns. Good work.
CarcerKango
11/04/16 11:40 AM

Quote:
Headhunter writes:

Seems like the Jackal in concept, which is not a bad thing. Even with a full load of armor, you are likely to lose that right arm, however that placement gives its heavy gun a good arc of fire. Everything in warfare is a risk, so I'd say leave it like it is. A great scout hunter and harasser, keep aware of terrain and it'll do fine. I would not mind having a few of these in my 3025 campaigns. Good work.

Thanks for the feedback
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 193 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4525

Contact Admins Sarna.net