Most current rules regarding range brackets for capital ships

Pages: 1
the_tick_rules
05/10/15 12:44 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've seen in total warfare where it says the range brackets are standardized and on the wiki it shows each weapon it's own hex ranges and varying links. Which is the most current and in use rule set or is it a different system/advanced rules thing? I'm wondering cause in my heavy metal aero which is what I'm using I just replaced all the capital lasers on my custom ship with capital ppc's cause with proper combination they inflicted the same damage with a lot less gunners and that meant more tonnage for other toys. All the ones I used were labeled extreme range so I figured no loss.
Retry
05/10/15 05:32 AM

Not entirely sure what you're asking, but aerospace normally use the standardized weapon ranges.
ghostrider
05/10/15 11:46 AM

Are you asking if weapons have different ranges depending on the type?
Or are you asking if the hex changes size?

I can see there might be an issue with mixed weapons type. Put a small laser with an erll and it might show both with the erll's range.
Maybe experiment with it and see if the program doesn't have a glitch in it.

The last statement might suggest you are not seeing that some weapons have a range that they can fire in, but are highly inaccurate, while others end at their long range.
CrayModerator
05/10/15 11:47 AM

Quote:
the_tick_rules writes:

I've seen in total warfare where it says the range brackets are standardized and on the wiki it shows each weapon it's own hex ranges and varying links. Which is the most current and in use rule set or is it a different system/advanced rules thing? I'm wondering cause in my heavy metal aero which is what I'm using I just replaced all the capital lasers on my custom ship with capital ppc's cause with proper combination they inflicted the same damage with a lot less gunners and that meant more tonnage for other toys. All the ones I used were labeled extreme range so I figured no loss.

The default rules for aerospace combat is covered in Total Warfare. In there, all weapons have standardized range brackets: standard weapon short/medium/long/extreme, and capital short/medium/long/extreme. If you have HM Aero, you're getting the correct range brackets.

As an optional rule covered in Strategic Operations, you can shift back to individual ranges by weapon. That's probably what the wiki is showing.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
the_tick_rules
05/10/15 01:26 PM

Cray and retry got it right. I was asking if the weapons in aerospace combat used standardized or individual range brackets.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4232

Contact Admins Sarna.net