Front 1 16
Right 1 12
Left 1 12
Rear 1 9

Weapons Loc Heat
Flamer FR 3
Improved Heavy Medium Laser FR 7
----
Based upon the Savannah Master, the chassis was heavily redesigned and reinforced for the small faction's own needs.

Being "tech-rich" and lacking the massive population pools of Terra or the massive Great Houses, Crossroads relies on fielding significant numbers of high-tech weapons from the population base it does have. As such, nothing is truly disposable, and this mindset is obvious with the Zippo.

Expenses were not saved during the development of this armored fighting vehicle. By using an advanced armor type, engine, and weapon pack, the capabilities of a single Zippo far surpasses a Savannah Master, despite the doubling of weight.

Armor protection is brought by 3.5 tons of Ferro-Lamellor Armor. Absolute protection is doubled on the sides, more than quadrupled on the rear, and increased on the front by 60%. However, due to the additional properties of FLA, actual protection increases by more than that, at least doubling for the front side from most threats. Most importantly however is the vastly increased resistance against light weaponry such as small arms and short-ranged missiles, greatly increasing its ability to combat targets of its size.

The fundamental armament of the Savannah Master is fundamentally the same, but gains in both useable mass and technology allowed for considerable upgrades. An Improved Heavy Laser doubles the punch of the original medium laser, enough to put mech's heads in a bad way on a successful hit. A secondary Flamer is also installed, which results in vastly increased versatility, anti-infantry abilities, and the ability for Zippo groups to independently operate.

The powerplant selected, the 100 XL engine, is used on numerous other Crossroad vehicles, making maintenance somewhat easier as well as opening the possibility to exchange engines between different vehicles. While it gives only a minor speed increase compared to the 25 SFE of the lighter Savannah Master, the mundane tactical and strategic mobility increase can sometimes provide the needed edge to change the outcome of a battle.

The hovercraft are often employed in a recon or recon-hunting role. With speed that exceeds almost every Mech, if not vehicle, known to mankind, hostiles that can't be fought at an advantage are simply avoided, or stalked from a distance until the situation changes. Zippo riders using this fluid warfare doctrine can easily inflict devastating losses, whether its in a defensive situation facing off against approaching Heavy Mechs, or an offensive one wrecking supply convoys and harassing the local garrisons.
ghostrider
06/25/15 01:16 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
question on the flamer. You have a ton of ammo for it?

Looks good though.
Always questions and suggestion about weapons packages and electronics, but most are standard.
One variant suggestion is tag. Another might be erml.
I do assume this is using double heat sinks.
Retry
06/25/15 02:52 PM

Vehicle Flamers and Heavy Flamers are the types that use ammo. This uses the same type of flamer as found on mechs, and taps into the fusion engine for its ability.

7 heat HML+ 3 heat flamer=10 heat. The Zippo uses single heat sinks like any other vehicle, and is just able to utilize all 10 free sinks.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
06/25/15 02:52 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

question on the flamer. You have a ton of ammo for it?

Looks good though.
Always questions and suggestion about weapons packages and electronics, but most are standard.
One variant suggestion is tag. Another might be erml.
I do assume this is using double heat sinks.

Double heat sinks are not permitted on conventional vehicles so no they are not. If that is not the case its an illegal design.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
06/25/15 11:38 PM

Keep forgetting the double sinks aren't available for vehicles. Also not up on the stats for heavy lasers. I thought double heat and damage, thought I guess 6 would be double for mls.

Now I was under the impression vehicles had to use ammo dependent flame throwers. The only good news about that is they don't build heat on the vehicle.
Retry
06/26/15 12:40 AM

Vehicles don't have to use ammo dependent flamethrowers, but if they do they have to draw from the reactor's heat sinks. In this particular design, that's not an issue because the heat sinks are spare. Technically a Battlemech can use a vehicle flamer... But there's not much of a reason to.

The heavy medium laser uses 7 heat sinks, but it deals double damage. It's a pretty unimpressive weapon on most designs that are best replaced by other clan medium lasers, but I think I found a good niche for the heavy medium on this design.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4435

Contact Admins Sarna.net