Flea FLE-4 Redesign

Pages: 1
Comfromal
06/25/15 11:50 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Here's my attempt at redesigning a FLE-4 into a more capable mech.

Flea FLE-NEO-1
IS TW non-box set
20 tons
BV: 679
Cost: 2,548,940 C-bills
Source: U.F.D.A(United Federal Defense Agency)

Movement: 7/11
Engine: 140 XL
Heat Sinks: 10
Cockpit: Small Cockpit
Gyro: XL Gyro

Internal: 33
Armor: 64/69
Internal Armor
Head 3 8
Center Torso 6 9
Center Torso (rear) 3
Right Torso 5 8
Right Torso (rear) 2
Left Torso 5 8
Left Torso (rear) 2
Right Arm 3 5
Left Arm 3 5
Right Leg 4 7
Left Leg 4 7

Weapons Loc Heat
Medium Laser LA 3
Small Laser LA 1
PPC RA 10

The U.F.D.A needed a fast defender that was somewhat competent in its job, which leaded to the redesigning of the FLE-4, replacing the heavy laser, flamer, and light laser with a PPC and medium lasers. Seeing as how defense is a key part of the name, they had slightly increased the speed and given 4 tons of armor, making it Second in terms of battle value to the FLE-20.

Edited by Comfromal (06/25/15 11:50 PM)
Retry
06/26/15 12:29 AM

Ah, I actually know this guy from somewhere else.

He's just getting introduced to BT and is designing stuff, though he doesn't know much of anything of the BT universe, so consider the U.F.D.A to be non-canon before anyone asks.
ghostrider
06/26/15 02:50 AM

Single or double heat sinks?
Does it have hand actuators on either side?
I know the original flea didn't have the hands, and not sure about lower arm actuators either. This information is important if you intend to let the arms flip.

I like seeing a nice heavy hitting weapons like a ppc in a light mech, but the big issue is the arms don't take much to destroy.

As for using it for defense, I would think it doesn't have access to artillery, such as a tag would be helpful calling in a strike?
Not needed, but can be useful.
Comfromal
06/26/15 08:48 AM

It has single, and it doesn't have hands or lower arm actuators.

Yeah, might have been more useful to focus more armor away from the more heavily armored stuff onto the hands, feet, and less armored things.

Also, I didn't actually know what a tag did at the moment of making the unit, sorry about that.
ghostrider
06/26/15 11:05 AM

no problem. Sometimes suggestions get the ideas flowing. Other times, it is more of a pain. If you don't have access to homing missles, the tag is useless. If you do, that can help dramatically to remove attackers.

One thing you could do to bump up the armor without adding weight, would be raise the cost and go with the upgraded armor like the ferrous fiber. The xl gyro and small cockpit suggest a later game version, but I will ask that you put in a time period this would come out during. Obviously it's not a 3025 period unit. Also if you would put in the tech base innersphere/clan would be nice as well.

One variant idea might be upgrade the ml to an erml.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3777

Contact Admins Sarna.net