LRM 10 Ammo RA 12
LRM 10 Ammo LA 12
LRM 10 Ammo RA 12

Equipment Loc
----------------------------------
Standard None
Stealth LL
Angel ECM Suite HD

The Baron I was U.F.D.A's first attempt at an actual defense unit. Realizing that they cant simply take the designs of older mechs and update them, since some of the flaws with them can't be really worked out, they needed to make their own mechs.

However, design took longer than expected because they used torpedoes instead of missiles in their haste. They decided that the might of 4 LRM 10's wouldn't be enough, and included in stealth in case they needed to go onto the offensive and to add as another defense measure.
ghostrider
06/26/15 09:32 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
One suggestion would be move a pair of launchers into the torsos. Arm damage is more likely, and losing half the fire power to a loss hurts. Yes, that can be said about the side torso as well.
It would limit the firing arcs some, so there is a drawback.
Now if this is based on the crossroads alternative reality, I would suggest using clan case to protect the ammo.
Comfromal
06/27/15 01:22 AM

Heh, I could see how well that might work out with the launchers, after all, I should know better, knowing not to put all my eggs into one basket.

I might need to know somewhat of the whole background and stuff of the crossroads thing, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too much a problem to try to fit in the reality somehow.
ghostrider
06/27/15 01:46 AM

The extra firing arcs of the arms is not to be taken lightly. They allow you to keep up firing when the unit gets a little far to the flank.

Crossroads is a touchy subject for a few here. It is your choice to use it as a base, but I ask that you have it in the start of the stats saying it is. Doesn't make it wrong, just allows us to know right off the start about it. But that is your choice. I am not anyone except the local **** critic.

Now without using the crossroads as a base, having the tech base, ie innersphere or clan, helps with the discussions, if you really want some idea. Clan case weight nothing at take no criticals. Another major advantage is it can be used in the arms, where the innersphere version is half ton in any location and not for the arms or legs.

There is one more thing you will find on the boards here. Most people will try to get an energy weapon on a unit for a back up weapon. It is a choice. It is nice when you are out of ammo and need to flee.
Granted the ecm/stealth system may work well enough to hide you as you flee. Haven't played with it to really know the who stats to it.

And don't get discouraged. Not knowing everything about the game isn't bad. There are some things that cause issues with a few, including myself, that sound like it is wrong. It is you that needs to decide that. The only thing you need to really know and do is have fun.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3660

Contact Admins Sarna.net