old games we would like them to update

Pages: 1
ghostrider
01/03/14 10:20 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
One of the ones I want to see is the old game M.U.L.E. That was simple and fun.
The whole d&d series from the original pools of radiance, secret of the silver blades, pools of darkness as well as the krynn versions and the savage frontiers saga. Even updateing the cresent hawk line as well.

There are alot more, but cannt think right now.
KamikazeJohnson
01/04/14 03:06 AM

I'd love to see Crescent Hawks' Inception and Crescent Hawks' Revenge reworked for moders systems. Maybe flesh out the story a bit, put the combat on a hex-map instead of a square-map, improve the graphics a bit. Throw in some nice cutscene video. But keep the same core so you don't lose the original "feel".
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
TigerShark
01/04/14 03:58 AM

Considering the state of D&D... Best left alone. lol
ghostrider
01/04/14 01:57 PM

I like the old d&d. The new stuff is garbage in my opinion. This makes me think of where battletech seems to be headed. But again, my opinion.

As ive said in other threads, alot of the older games dont work on the newer windows. Keep getting the contact manufacturer and have them patch it.
I cannt get total anihilation core continguency to load on windows 7. The main total anihilation works though.
And a word to anyone out there wanting to buy the diablo battlechess pack. The one i got has a major issue with it. Disk 2 isnt labeled properly so the hard drive can recognize it. Called the help line and they gave me the download it from blizzard. This is the one major crap thing from blizzard ive seen.

Thats another game i would like redone. Dune. That was fun.

For crescent hawks, they could greatly expand the game. The original game was on a 1.44 meg disk. Nowadays, thats simply part of a demo. And they could even make it so you can swap between overhead hex combat to cockpit combat. It was one of the few video games of btech that you could actually perform physical combat. As it is, light mechs dont fear the assaults to be bouncing off of them. A kick from an atlas would destroy a locust.
EdmondDantes224
01/07/14 10:18 PM

To be honest, I'm satisfied with just Dosbox and workarounds for backwards-compatibility.

I can't think of many remakes that didn't do more harm than good.
BobTheZombieModerator
03/01/14 07:53 PM

Quote:
I can't think of many remakes that didn't do more harm than good.

Agreed; and as the saying goes, if it ain't broke...
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/04/15 01:30 PM

Attack of the zombie thread!

I would out right love to have D&D original pools of radiance again! I out right loved that game on my Commodore 64. My only issue with the game was changing floppies every few minuets.

Oops I think i'm showing my age!

I wish that the owners of old out of use games would give the copyrights up and make them open source so people can update them so us from the cave man days can enjoy them once again.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
07/04/15 04:00 PM

I loved the entire series of that game. From pools of radiance, secret of the silverblades, dark queen, and then they can out with a follow up on the pc. I would love for them to do all of them over and update it with the new engines. Though some of the pc ones take to much time to get back to town then back to the action.
Temple of elemental evil is a good one for that. Also adventures into undermountain.
The krynn series as well as the dark sun ones as well were fun.

And to show you aren't he only one, I owned a commadore 64 and played the hell out of those games. I didn't own the first one I started playing them on, but that was in 81/82, in high school. Hell, the commadore had alot of fun games. The apple and ibm were too expensive to even bother with at that time. Things like the atari 2600 were ok, but the sound from the commadore was awesome at the time and didn't cost you several hundred bucks extra.
Since that time, the d&d line has had some good hits. Baldur's gate was one, as well as icewind dale.

And I really think the owners of those would make some money if they put out an update themselves. Introduce a whole new generation to the old classics.
Can you imagine zork with graphics? Oh boy that wouldn't be good.
BobTheZombieModerator
07/09/15 06:33 PM

Quote:
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey writes:

I wish that the owners of old out of use games would give the copyrights up and make them open source so people can update them so us from the cave man days can enjoy them once again.

1) I know that some, like the old Elder Scrolls (i.e. Daggerfall) and old Command and Conquer games have been released as such. I wish that more companies would do so, as there's only a trickle out there compared to what could be available.

2) *cough* MECHWARRIOR 4!!!! *cough*
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6531

Contact Admins Sarna.net