Rockhopper RQA-35

Pages: 1
CarcerKango
07/14/15 10:34 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

The first Quad design by Damage, Inc.
The Rockhopper was made to fill a need for a fast scout that could also act as a stable firing platform for snipers. House Marik is suspected to be the faction that commissioned the Rockhopper's production; however, due to its use in assassination missions, no House will claim its origination.

A Magna 245 XL Engine propelled the Rockhopper at acceptable scouting speeds. Far more impressive, however, was its jumping capability--210 meters in a single bound. 8 tons of armor protected it, and Endo-Steel saved weight. Ten double heat sinks were strained when jumping movement was combined with the firing of the 'Mech's ERPPC in the left torso. A Streak SRM-2 was carried for last-ditch backup; the particle cannon was expected to do the bulk of the work. The speed and mobility of the Rockhopper made it an excellent headhunter and sniper, thus it has seen use in several assassination-type missions.

Variants: Damage, Inc. is secretly looking at making a Stealth-Armored version; however, due to the bulk of the Stealth Armor, this may mean the removal of the jump jets or other equipment.
Code:

Name: Rockhopper
Mass: 35 tons
Chassis: RQA-35
Power Plant: Magna 245 XL
Cruising Speed: ~74 kph
Maximum Speed: 118 kph
Jump Jets: Lifter Mk I's
Jump Capacity: 210 meters
Armor: Standard
Armament: 1 Lord's Light ER PPC, 1 Holly 2-pack Streak SRM-2
Manufacturer: Damage, Inc.
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Various
Targeting and Tracking System: Various

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 2.0
Engine 6.0
Walking MP: 7
Running MP: 11
Jumping MP: 7
Heat Sinks: 10 (20) double 0.0
Gyro: Standard 3.0
Cockpit: Standard 3.0
Armor Factor: 127/127 8.0 tons
Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 11 16
Center Torso (rear) 6
R/L Torso 8/8 12/12
R/L Torso (rear) 4/4
R/L Arm 8/8 16/16
R/L Leg 8/8 16/16

Weapons & Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
ERPPC LT 3 7.0
Streak SRM-2 RT 1 1.5
@Streak SRM-2 CT 1 1.0

Edited by CarcerKango (07/14/15 10:35 AM)
ghostrider
07/14/15 12:30 PM

If you could, from now on, list the xl along with the engine in the stats. Probably before the weight of the engine. Thanks.

The speed coupled with the range of the ppc makes it a nice hit and run mech, but the streak 2 pack seems out of place for some reason. Might work better if you drop to half ton of ammo and had 2 normal srm packs or something different. Granted, the purpose of having the erppc is to stay out of the range where the srms are needed, so it isn't a deal breaker.

I know the power of the erppc is nice, but have you thought of using an erll? The extra range and weight savings might work out better for a sniper anyways. I prefer the erppc over any lasers, but that is just me.
Maurer
07/14/15 05:00 PM

You can get a half ton of weight by dropping some armor. The max weight of armor for 35 ton mech is 7.5 tons (sorry, can't visually check in HMP as I built a new computer and have not gotten around to reinstalling it) and I think at most you are only adding 1-3 points of armor. Recommendations I would suggest are case or complete removal of the Streak 2 for a medium laser and MG, to confirm the kill if the mech is disabled and the pilot tries to escape.
"Captain! We're completely surrounded on all sides." - Kiff, Futurama
..."Excellent, then we may attack in any direction." - Zapp Brannigan, Futurama

"A fool fights a war on two fronts; only an idiot defends on one." - Fusilier
RockJock
07/14/15 06:50 PM

i see where the designs shows arms, but it also describes as a Quad. If it is a Quad then ypu can squeeze the 8 tons of plate on the design.
Retry
07/14/15 07:24 PM

This looks like a lighter version of the Scorpion quad battlemech.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4259

Contact Admins Sarna.net