Elevation conundrum

Pages: 1
xanth
07/17/15 01:21 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Had a few questions about elevation.

1. Tucked away in the section talking about buildings is a "special mech hit location table" (with shots from above and shots from below). Is this table to be used for any difference in elevation outside of buildings? The example I am thinking of is a mech on an elevation 3 hill firing at an adjacent mech on elevation 0. Would the higher mech benefit from the increased elevation? Would even a 1 unit increase in elevation allow for use of the special location chart?

2. VTOLS.....these buggers confuse me. I know they can change elevation, but to they have a "flight ceiling" or max elevation? Does each point of elevation count as a range increment ? I have read the rules several times and cannot figure this out. An example : I have a VTOL at elevation 2 that is one hex away from a mech. Does that make the to hit range 3? (2 elevation+1 distance)?

I really appreciate the help.
ghostrider
07/17/15 07:50 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The special locations for differing heights is just when inside a building, if I recall. This comes from being able to shoot thru the floors/ceilings and score hits with out that much interference. Firing from the side of a cliff has the issue of line of sight. I believe your example of the targets in adjacent hexes do not see each other, therefore can not fire, barring indirect fire.

As for vtols, I know there is a ceiling they have, which is lower atmosphere if I remember right, but not sure what the actual levels are. I couldn't tell you about the height adding to the range, since I do not have the newer books. I want to say someone had posted that information was in the newer aerotech books.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3602

Contact Admins Sarna.net