What is Neveron?

Pages: 1
Firestarter
07/17/15 08:21 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I noticed in the Forum Posting Rules thread that it said the wiki was about Battletech and Neveron? Anyone mind explaining what that it?
CrayModerator
07/17/15 09:00 PM

Neveron is a fanmade game that, as I understand it, is a strategic, empire-building game loosely based on BattleTech. It has since moved on to its own forums, which greatly reduced the number of warnings and bans I've had to issue.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Firestarter
07/17/15 09:22 PM

Thanks!

One question though.

If Neveron has been moved to its own wiki should the Forum Posting Rules be updated to not say that?
CrayModerator
07/17/15 09:34 PM

Quote:
Firestarter writes:

If Neveron has been moved to its own wiki should the Forum Posting Rules be updated to not say that?

I'd prefer to keep it because if Neveron dwellers return, I want them to know they're still being watched.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Firestarter
07/17/15 09:37 PM

Alright. Just wondering.

I didn't want to sound snooty.

Like. "Wow you are so unprofessional! The Neveron wiki has its own site! You HAVE to remove those two words."

Yeah. I didn't come off as that, right?
ghostrider
07/17/15 11:17 PM

Actually, the game neveron has been down for a while. The owner pulled it offline, and was supposed to get it running again, but I haven't seen it.

It was based on battle tech with enough odd quirks to avoid to much harrassment of copyrights. The original coder sold the game and there were a few things people said as to why he was not sued. I don't know them all and really not caring much.

That game is why I am here. They had alot of talks about what was going on, since the game itself didn't really have a message board. Stupid since it had a large user base for a while.
One of the mods here was a big player on it, but not sure if he has come back since he quit it.

Honestly, I don't think most of them will ever return here. A few of the players have their own message boards. Sad it died with a whimper.
CrayModerator
07/18/15 09:21 AM

Quote:
Firestarter writes:

Yeah. I didn't come off as that, right?

I wasn't bothered by you, just scarred by Neveron.

Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4579

Contact Admins Sarna.net