L/R Arms 6/6
L/R Legs 10/10
Weapons and Ammo
ER Laser (Medium) LT
Rotary AC/2 LA
Ammo (rAC/2) 45 LA
Ammo (rAC/2) 45 LT
Retractable Blade RA

The medium counterpart to the 'Aztec' series of mechs. The Keotl was the long range direct fire support for the Urban fighters. In the case of the Heavy Urban fighters destruction the rAC/2 could spit out enough shots to hopefully do major critical damage to the target before it got to the mech.

While not very popular with the pilots the Keotl was very good with scouting and annoying the enemy from a distance until the heavy hitters could get to it.

The Keotl is not designed for close range fighting like the Heavies but it can use it speed to stay a good distance from the target and keep firing its rAC/2.

Mech produced by the Kriat Conglomerate Mech works corp.
CarcerKango
07/29/15 02:45 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
More backup weapons please.
Firestarter
07/29/15 03:41 PM

KEO-1

The second variation of the Keotl was a simple upgrade in close range weaponry.
It swaps out the rAC/2 with a standard AC/2 freeing up 2 tons.
The two free tons are used in adding 2 more ER M Lasers in the Right Torso.

This variation was mainly used with pilots that wanted more weapons weapons as a backup for the AC/2 and could still be fired from a decent range.
ghostrider
07/29/15 06:49 PM

If used right, it looks to be a harasser mech. Yeah, secondary weapons are always nice, but this does seem like something to keep distant from needing them.

I am curious on the odd number in the armor area. Did you max armor and drop the rest of the unit, or is does it use something other then regular armor?
Firestarter
07/29/15 08:25 PM

Do you mean I maxed armor then added stuff? In that case no.
I made it have around 75% and changed it a tad for extra tonnage.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/30/15 08:27 AM

Dang I would hate to see the collateral damage that this mech will create in a city!
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
07/30/15 09:14 AM

103 points for 6 tons of armor. 16 points per ton, should have an even number if not maxed. Yeah typo. 96 points of armor.

Definitely a crit seeking machine. I guess they follow the saying.. Spray and pray?
Retry
07/30/15 09:23 PM

I can't see it being effective. The head armor is exceptionally vulnerable, as a large laser hit will crit the head and any 10 damage hit will decapitate it. Most mech designs are built to withstand a large laser hit to the head armor, and only are critted by a 10 point hit. The RAC/2 also lacks any significant firepower, and is only as effective as a SRM 6 for crit seeking.
ghostrider
07/30/15 09:39 PM

There are quiet a few mechs that aren't maxed out in the head. They tend to be lights and meduims.
As for being effecting as an srm 6 pack, their is a difference there, well to those that don't have clan tech in everything the post. Range. The little I know of the rac 2 is it has a greater range then the large laser does. Wiether it can hit worth a damn or not is another story, but the that is true of all weapons. I don't know about you, but I would not want to get in range of the 6 pack inorder to fire against things like an srm carrier ro demolisher.

And since this is only a 40 ton mech, it is expected to be a little less them maxed out.
The rac being a prime weapon? Not likely, but it is a niche unit.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 92 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5069

Contact Admins Sarna.net