QuadVees, Why? Or, use and deployment there of.

Pages: 1
RockJock
08/09/15 01:43 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'm still not sold on the QuadVee idea. I only see a few logical uses. 1) Fool other forces. Really only a one trick(or few trick) pony. 2) Excess warriors. The QuadVees sure beat PBI. 3) Raiding. Think about it, you can shove 30 in the tonnage dedicated for a star of mechs. 4) Limited manufacturing resources. Basically, you can build a QuadVee for some reason easier then you can a mech.

What have I missed on the why?

As far as deployment I really only see them being an advantage in the place of tracked armor. When compared to mechs they lose on pretty much everything, with the exception that they do deploy like vehicles. A pair of Harpagos(especially if you drop a GR for an ERPPC, extra armor and maybe some electronics) where you would normally expect a single mech has some advantages.

They do have a huge terrain advantage against vehicles, but well, they should since they are a weird mech.

Thoughts? Comments?
happyguy49
08/09/15 02:58 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
They baffle me. I can think of exactly ONE instance where a quad-vee would be advantageous: Woody terrain, the quadvee is in mech mode, moves into a very good firing position in some heavy woods, then turns into a vehicle and goes hull down for additional modifiers to hit. Normally a tracked vehicle can't get into heavy woods. But still, why not just use a quad or tripod mech that can do the same thing and doesn't need the transformation gear? (I think vehicles also get +1 MP on roads.)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3857

Contact Admins Sarna.net