02/18/12 02:09 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
official site with countdown:

http://www.mwtactics.com/
Hythos
02/21/12 07:03 PM

Hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm 3025, again?
I hope they've got those last two numbers reversed by accident...
Raplet
02/23/12 12:41 AM

I see nothing wrong with 3025. In fact, as I have gotten older, I have come to appreciate the elegance of the 3025 era.
Karagin
02/23/12 06:04 AM

I am glad they are NOT going the Dark Age route or jumping right into the Clan Wars. It is best to start with roots of the game and go forward.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Hythos
02/23/12 07:36 PM

Mechwarrior1: ~3025.
Battletech1 & 2: ~3025 tech.
MPBT/MPBT3025: 3025.

I've played "3025" SO MANY TIMES, I just need something more, even if anything new is actually Battletech. I prefer 3052 much more, because of the tech (double heat-sinks make so much of a difference) and because of the post-4th Succession War era story-lines.

Though - I suppose beggars can't be choosers... and as a good crack-addicted Battletech/Mechwarrior fan, I'll take what ever I can get.
Karagin
02/24/12 06:38 PM

Well seeing how the game starts in 3025 as far as the board game goes it makes sense to keep it there. Sure the Clans are fun but after a while the munchkin effect gets old and over done pretty much the whole post 3060 setting.

Mechwarrior 1 and Crescent Hawks Inception are the ONLY OFFICIAL 3025 BT Computer games the other ones you mentioned are not official products are they?
Karagin

Hythos
02/24/12 08:45 PM

I know what you're saying; that MW1 + Crescent Hawks 1+2 sure was FASA-supported. I think MW2 was too - which was why I have hoped to see more, new tech.
Never played MW3 or newer :/ but those were MS.
and the MPBT wasn't FASA...

I suppose I would be OK with 3025 tech, were there also customization and expanded content beyond what MW1 had; ACRONYM says they WILL have customazation, but it's still too soon for actual info (from what I can find).

Though, my point is that I would like more variety, and had played countless hours of MW1 (I had a 99yr-old Gideon in one of my saves... I think I remember cash caps at 999,999,999 C-BILLS. But at least they've kept a candle burning for me on my birthday ) and BT1+2, MW2, etc.

Also - I don't like Marik, nor Laio. I do kinda like the FRR and St Ives, and have always liked LCW+FS / FCW.... The ~3040 time-line appeals to me more. I've been out of touch since FASA went away, so I've not been exposed (thankfully) to any of the "Dark Ages" crap, or Clan Wars.
Prince_of_Darkness
02/25/12 02:36 PM

Quote:

Mechwarrior 1 and Crescent Hawks Inception are the ONLY OFFICIAL 3025 BT Computer games the other ones you mentioned are not official products are they?

Huh? What would make Mechwarrior's 2 & 3 unofficial? They both took place is obvious times with little changes to the core ruling (aside from Mechwarrior 3's needed changes).
Karagin
02/25/12 02:40 PM

Stop reading more in to it then there. Is MW2 and MW3 take place after 3025, so let's back track so you can follow, MechWarrior Tactics is set in 3025, it was posted by Hythos that he was sick of this era for the computer games listed the games set in 3025, now seeing how there have been only 2 OFFICIAL computer games supported by TPTB then anything else would not be official for the 3025 setting. DO you follow or do I need to draw a better map for you?

MW 2 covers the Clans and their showing up in the IS.
MW 3 goes forward into the BT universe AFTER the Clans have been around for a while etc...

And the rules or programing are NOT what we are talking about, we are talking about the time or era. Does this also help clear things up for you?
Karagin

NeverSayNever
03/18/12 11:26 AM

taken from the official site ( http://www.mwtactics.com/ ) ("ABOUT" > "PPRESS RELEASE, FEBRUARY 21, 2012") for ease of (future) reference:
Quote:

PRESS RELEASE
February 21, 2012

It's the year 3025. Hostile enemy lances are closing in all around you. As Commander of an elite mercenary company, it's up to you to ensure swift victory and make your enemies pay dearly. Your Mech Bay hosts a vast array of custom Mechs, each configured for a specific combat role. Choose wisely which Mechs to take into battle: your future as the leader of your lances depends on it.

MechWarrior Tactics™ is a brand-new MechWarrior game set in the BattleTech® universe and includes everything you love about MechWarrior. MechWarrior Tactics is the latest evolution of turn-based strategy and blends tactical gameplay, deep collectability, and unique online features, and is set against visually stunning environments for the supreme MechWarrior battle experience. Players earn, collect, and purchase combat and aesthetic resources to outfit each Mech and prepare for the next online battle.

Game features:

* Collect, Customize, Command:
o Earn Experience and new resources as you advance your level through gameplay
o Upgrade and customize your Mechs in your Mech Bay
o Make the most of each Mech's unique configuration for total battlefield domination
* Customizable Mechs – seamless store integration means never having to leave the game to purchase and equip new resources for your next mission
* Asynchronous Combat: Multiple concurrent battles with players from around the world
* Competitive ranked games and global leaderboards lets the world know you're in charge. Play for a chance to win larger, more meaningful reward payouts
* Watch and share your completed battle using a unique cinematic replay feature

Future Updates:

Social Media:
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for exclusive photos and info on development and website updates.

Game Developers Conference 2012
We will be attending GDC so stay tuned for some great previews coming your way from the very first looks of the game! Additionally, keep updated by following us on Facebook and twitter where we will be giving you exclusive insight on all the exciting things happening! #MWTGDC

MechWarrior Tactics will be available in 2012.

All material on this site is copyright © 2012 Infinite Game Publishing™ Inc. / Édition Jeux Infinis™ Inc., Roadhouse Interactive™, Inc. and/or their respective licensors. All rights reserved. MechWarrior® is a registered trade-mark of Microsoft Corporation and is used under license. All other trade-marks are the property of their respective owners; ® or ™ as indicated.

First impression? - Mixed feelings.

Some good news ("Customizable Mechs"), which should help to keep the 'munchkins' / 'powergamers' busy and or entertained.

Some less good news ("Customizable Mechs") -> 'Flavor Of The Month' builds and or ultimate uber builds ('one ring, err, sorry, one uber build to rule them all') to be feared -> less variety regarding the use of standard Mech variants in general to be expected.

Some bad news ("Customizable Mechs – seamless store integration means never having to leave the game to purchase and equip new resources for your next mission"), with the really scary part - well, at least to me - being about the "seamless store integration" which might translate directly into 'Pay To Win' cash shop items / custom Mech builds, etc.

And finally it might take a mighty long time till the game is available ("MechWarrior Tactics will be available in 2012") ...

Please feel free to draw your own conclusions from the early infos provided via the official press release.

The final product released might turn out to be entirely different from what has been announced so far.

On the other hand keeping the press lelease with all its early promises archived might turn out to be a fun read later on ...

Just some food for thought ...

Have a nice day / night.
NeverSayNever
03/18/12 11:52 AM

I just stumbled upon the following at rtsguru.com:

"MechWarrior Tactics Goes for Balance in Free to Play (EDITORIAL posted Mar 12th, 2012)"

http://www.rtsguru.com/article/2391/MechWarrior-Tactics-Goes-for-Balance-in-Free-to-Play.html

Article contains some eye candy samples, enjoy!

Have a nice day / night.
Karagin
05/04/12 09:48 AM

It does look like Randal and the rest are very supportive so we will see what happens.
Karagin

KitK
05/16/12 03:32 PM

A "Friends and Family" beta release has been announced for May 22. If you are registered on their temporary forum you can get some sort of beta key, which seems to imply that you can play a demo which will provide them feedback.

KK
scheinlen
05/26/12 05:16 PM

3025? does the game ever try to stay with the Time table of the game system... it would be nice as some say to get away from 3025... and advance some... some of the games allow for some clan mechs but not to fight a clan war...
BUsting some WOB butt would be nice ,
and the dark age is a bad time.. but mechs are again king...

So many choices so little opptions.
It is not my job to judge my Enemies, that is there God's job. It is only my duty to arrange the meeting!
CYBRN4CR
06/24/12 06:42 AM

MWT...it's basically MegaMek with a lot more eyecandy, ending video summaries instead of round reports, a much simpler means of connecting to other players, and an actual development team behind it instead of patchwork updates by people who still know Java. 

I must applaud the MWT team's efforts though. Eyecandy is great for attracting new players to the board game, and the ability to connect easily using a browser and play the game faster than the tabletop version is a great plus for new and old fans alike - including me.

I'll try their version just to see what they tweak and what they keep the same, but I will not buy their "random equipment" packs. If I want the best stuff, MegaMek already has virtually everything FASA, Wizkids, Fanpro and Catalyst added to the universe, and it's completely freeware, so I could simply play with that until I earn my goodies in MWT.

Besides MegaMek just got an upgrade to their AI and it's quite effective for testing Battlemech designs or even determining lance on lance outcomes based on the strengths and weaknesses of each unit (not counting rash or erratic move/fire orders). So this means MegaMek for those in the know can use it as a planning tool for MWT matches.
Firestarter
12/29/14 01:13 AM

Wow re-activating a 2 year old post 0.o
Soooo what even happened to this great looking game?
BobTheZombieModerator
12/29/14 02:07 AM

Quote:
Firestarter writes:

Wow re-activating a 2 year old post 0.o
Soooo what even happened to this great looking game?

It got dumped by their developer after no communication with the community for about a year. It was a real shame as I was really looking forward to it. They took down the web page for it and everything.
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
Firestarter
12/29/14 02:10 AM

That sucks.
BobTheZombieModerator
12/29/14 02:18 AM

I was on their forums for a while lurking and waiting for a Beta key, but PGI had other ideas...

It's been said that they switched developers three times in only a couple years, which makes me think something fishy was going on behind the scenes; but who am I to assume things sitting here in the peanut gallery.
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
Firestarter
12/29/14 02:22 AM

Huh well sadly everything is not perfect in the world.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
06/02/15 03:01 PM

[test post]
-- NicJ
NeverSayNever
08/09/15 04:51 PM

"MechWarrior: Tactics No More?"

http://www.sarna.net/news/mechwarrior-tactics-no-more/
NeverSayNever
08/09/15 04:58 PM

"MechWarrior Tactics"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_Tactics

"Infinite Game Publishing"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_Game_Publishing
NeverSayNever
08/09/15 05:45 PM

"MechWarrior Tactics" 'dead' or simply 'delayed' (for an 'undetermined' amount of time)?

'Rest In Peace' (or 'Pieces'), RIP, old "MechWarrior Tactics" project?

The old 'King' (= old "MechWarrior Tactics" project) is 'dead', long live (the hype train for) the new 'King' (= whoever picks / picked up the 'remains' / 'pieces' (e.g. artwork, remaining IP license time) of the old "MechWarrior Tactics" project?

How much IP license time remans? When did the old IP license timer start tickimg - and when will it end / expire? Optional IP license time renewal possible / affordable? Worth 'investing' or just waiting for a short lived flash in the pan to happen?

Just a few questions I would like to see addressed before 'investing' anything (e.g. hope, time or monry) into a new project ...
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Frabby, BobTheZombie, Cray, Nic Jansma 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 21439

Contact Admins Sarna.net