Heat (0-2)
Damage (2x6)
Range
Min 0
Short 1
Medium 2
Long 3
Tons 1

After finding an obscure reference on the subject of very high rate firing machine guns on the Helm Memory Core Adam Eselon the fonder of Assinine Industry started the development of a new machine gun. He kept hitting one road block after another in the developing of his new machine gun just like what the original developers of the machine gun kept having that he read about. After he just could not find some solution to the problems that he and his develop team kept hitting the project was shelved after years of failing to come up with some kind of solution. Then in 3061 Adam heard about a new project that the New Avalon Institute of Science was working on and using his spies within the New Avalon Institute of Science and had all of the working plans copied to a very high rate autocannon. With the plans for a Rotary Autocnnon in his hands he used the technology breakthrough on the rotary autocannon to work on his Gatling Machine Gun Cannon.

All rules that apply to the rotary autocannon apply to the Gatling Machine Gun Cannon.

The Gatling Machine Gun Cannon has the following rules.
Each additional hit to infantry does one less damage on the die roll but not less than one additional trooper killed per hit.
Infantry in the open still takes double damage.
On heat one or two shots creates zero heat, three or four shots create one heat, five or six shots create two heat.
Uses standard machine gun ammunition. Standard machine guns and the Gatling Machine Gun Cannon can draw from the same ammo bins.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
08/31/15 12:07 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Well, that's one way to kill off the Heavy Machine Gun.
ghostrider
08/31/15 02:29 AM

it has potential.

Maybe a little extra info might be good, like if someone tries to use in on a vehicle without heat sinks. It does sound stupid by itself, but since normal mg's don't build heat, that might be used to avoid it on a vehicle. Granted 2 normal mgs would do the same without adding weight to the vehicle.
Does firing all 6 shot do extra damage to armored targets? ie 2 points per shot that hits?
I haven't looked up the rotary rules but I would assume each shot that hits has a separate location they hit.

And to be honest, this might even remove the normal mg from stocks. If you can vary the amount of ammunition you use, and can wipe out infantry that much quicker or tag the pesky fast buggers with some extra shot, I would think it would be worth using this instead of normal mgs.

One more thing since it has come up.
Can you use it in same hex combat?
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
08/31/15 07:04 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

it has potential.

Maybe a little extra info might be good, like if someone tries to use in on a vehicle without heat sinks. It does sound stupid by itself, but since normal mg's don't build heat, that might be used to avoid it on a vehicle. Granted 2 normal mgs would do the same without adding weight to the vehicle.
Does firing all 6 shot do extra damage to armored targets? ie 2 points per shot that hits?
I haven't looked up the rotary rules but I would assume each shot that hits has a separate location they hit.

Since no other ballistic weapon is required to use heat sinks I figured that there was no reason to require the Gatling Machine Gun Cannon to do so. And yes I thought of requiring vehicles to need one heat sink and rejected it. I also thought of decreasing the number of infantry that are killed for each additional hit, I am still open for arguments for me to be persuaded to decrease the number of infantry killed for each additional hit. One thing that I am not willing to allow is my minimum of one trooper killed for each hit to be removed. At least something has to be hit for the risk of the jamming of the gun.

It does two points for each hit. You roll on the 6 missile hit chart to see how many shots that hit.

Yes you roll to see where each hit hits.

As with rotary autocannons you roll to see if you jam the gun. The more shots fired the better chance of a jamming of the gun. In mechs that could cost you the gun until its fixed but vehicle crews can clear the jam as long as they have the crew members to do so. But on the other side mechs can eject unwanted ammunition and vehicles can not do so. So there is a balancing there.

Quote:
And to be honest, this might even remove the normal mg from stocks. If you can vary the amount of ammunition you use, and can wipe out infantry that much quicker or tag the pesky fast buggers with some extra shot, I would think it would be worth using this instead of normal mgs.

The more shots you fire each turn the better of a chance you have to have the gun jam. So no its not better than two machine guns in all cases. Also remember machine guns have the maximum range of three so unless your target is right on top of you machine guns are not all that useful.

Quote:
One more thing since it has come up.
Can you use it in same hex combat?

I don't see why not.

Quote:
Retry writes:

Well, that's one way to kill off the Heavy Machine Gun.

Not really. The Heavy Machine Gun does not jam. But I think the Heavy Machine Gun was under powered in the first place. They doubled the ammunition used, cut the damage down to three, and cut the range to two. I think that was going a little over board. The damage I can see not that I agree with it but I can see the argument for it. As for the cutting of the range I don't agree with it what so ever. The Heavy Machine Gun was one reason that I thought up of the Gatling Machine Gun Cannon. Something had to improve the very week machine gun.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/16/16 03:19 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5681

Contact Admins Sarna.net