Excel weapons comparison chart

Pages: 1
MechaTurtl3
09/28/15 05:27 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I spent some time creating a calculator to determine what exactly is the best weapon in Battletech. Obviously there are circumstances in which each weapon will excel in but I'm looking for which weapon is best in a general sense. I'd appreciate any creative commentary on how I can improve my calculations.

Note that there were a few arbitrary limits set, for instance weapon ranges over 25 hexes do not factor in nor does ammo per ton over 12. Attachment (593 downloads)

Edited by MechaTurtl3 (09/29/15 04:12 PM)
ghostrider
09/28/15 06:03 PM

To my knowledge most here would say the medium laser is the most used weapon.
No ammo, fires as long as you got power, along with being relatively light with a decent range. Or was decent before the erlasers and clans came out.
Price is decent as well.

As for the best weapon. Some swear by the pulse, while others like er lasers. Gauss rifles have the punch at range without the heat.
Lrms are nice for long range. The spread of them is less then desirable, with srms being great for crit makers against vehicles.
I personally like ppcs as well as erppcs (clan) and ac 20's, but they have their issues.
Ac's seem to be too heavy for the punch and ammo concerns with costs make them the least desired weapons or so it would seem from the old talks.
MechaTurtl3
09/29/15 04:25 PM

sorry to anyone that viewed this I forgot to attach the file. My goal is to remove opinion from "what is the best battletech weapon?".

This chart takes into account average accuracy of a weapon over its range to include all ranges up to 25 hexes. Which allows comparisons of vastly different weapon ranges
EX: the inner sphere Med laser has an accuracy multiplier of .25 bringing its damage accounting for range to 1.25 while the IS AC/2 has a range multiplier of .61 making its damage to 1.22.

Looking at just the damage a weapon will do at any given range (up to 25 hex) the medium laser wins out.

It is important to note that this doesn't take the units holding the weapons into account. all these calculations are based on the user having a Gunnery 4 and both the shooter and target being stationary. The chance to hit is calculated at each range and averaged.

Edited by MechaTurtl3 (09/29/15 04:49 PM)
MechaTurtl3
09/29/15 04:29 PM

also any weapon that uses ammo compares the total score column if the weapon uses no ammo then you compare the score no ammo column
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4805

Contact Admins Sarna.net