Shadow Hawk SHD-2K-McLean

Pages: 1
CarcerKango
12/14/15 09:43 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
A customized Shadow Hawk, swapping jump capabilities and missiles for more armor and a PPC. Attachment (259 downloads)

Edited by CarcerKango (12/14/15 09:44 AM)
Karagin
12/14/15 03:11 PM

So where are the stats?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CarcerKango
12/14/15 05:16 PM

In the attachment, as PDF's.
ghostrider
12/15/15 04:45 AM

Not all of us are comfortable about downloading things. I know it sounds weird, but when you lack anti virus software, it becomes a very important ritual.

So a few like me avoid it as much as possible.
Also, we tend to like seeing it in the boards so it is much easier to reference it not only in this thread, but others as well.

But that is just selfish of myself.
Akirapryde2006
12/15/15 01:21 PM

Hey Ghost, you know that if you don't have a anti-virus software chances are your system is more infected than those with them. The number of spy-ware and ad-ware on your system must be great.

I would greatly suggest looking in to one.

Akirapryde
CrayModerator
12/16/15 05:43 PM

Quote:
Akirapryde2006 writes:

Hey Ghost, you know that if you don't have a anti-virus software chances are your system is more infected than those with them. The number of spy-ware and ad-ware on your system must be great.

I would greatly suggest looking in to one.

Seconded. Seriously - anymore, malware doesn't wait for you to open files, it finds your open internet connection. If you've got Windows, its Defender (or whatever it currently calls its security software) is free. AVG is also free for many platforms, Windows, Apple, or otherwise.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
12/16/15 08:08 PM

If you want feed back, then post the stats.
Karagin

CarcerKango
12/17/15 09:04 AM

Ok, I'll get the stats up.o
CarcerKango
12/17/15 09:06 AM

Shadow Hawk SHD�2K�McLean 'Ginger'
Mass: 55 tons
Chassis: Standard
Power Plant: Core Tek 275 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 54 kph
Maximum Speed: 85 kph
Advanced Motive: none
Jump Jets: none
Jump Capacity: none
Armor: Standard
Cockpit: Standard
Armament:
Small Laser
PPC
AC/5
Manufacturer: Inner Sphere
Communications System: Standard
Targeting & Tracking System: Standard
Overview
A customized SHD�2K Shadow Hawk used by Schroeder McLean of the Magnificent 7 mercenary unit during
the Succession Wars, ancestor of Carcer McLean, founder of Damage, Inc.
Capabilities
When customizing his semi�wrecked Shadow Hawk, McLean began by stripping out the limited (and in his
mind useless) jump capabilities, freeing up 1.5 tons of space for additional equipment. The extra 4 heat
sinks on the standard �2k model were removed, as were the missile systems and Medium Laser; however,
the autocannon was retained. This radical refit was necessary in order to mount a deadly Lord's Light PPC
in the right arm, using a reconfigured mount used for the Medium Laser. A Small Laser was mounted in the
head in place of the short�range missile launcher on the original model. Finally, 2 tons of armor were
added to the 'Mech, giving the new Shadow Hawk excellent protection from enemy attacks.
REMLAB 2.9.13 BETA
remlab.sourceforge.net
Created on Dec 14, 2015
Type:
Shadow Hawk SHD�-2K�-McLean
'Ginger'
Technology Base: Inner Sphere / 3025
Ruleset: Standard (5th edition)
Tonnage: 55
Cost: 4,497,144 C�bills
Battle Value: 1,023
Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: Standard 5.5
Engine: 275 15.5
Type: Fusion
Walking MP: 5
Running MP: 8
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 10 [10] 0.0
Gyro: Standard 3.0
Cockpit: 3.0
Armor Factor: 184 11.5
Internal
Structure
Armor
Value
Head 3 8
Center Torso 18 27
Center Torso (rear) 9
L/R Torso 13/13 19/19
L/R Torso (rear) 7/7
L/R Arms 9/9 18/18
L/R Legs 13/13 26/26
Weapons and Ammo Location Crits Tons
Small Laser H 1 0.5
PPC RA 3 7.0
AC/5 LT 4 8.0
Ammo (AC/5) 20 LT 1 1.0
BattleForce 2
MP
Damage
PB/M/L Overheat Class
5 1/1/1 � M
Armor/Structure Point Value Specials
5/5 11 �
CarcerKango
12/17/15 09:06 AM

WTF happened to formatting O.o
ghostrider
12/17/15 03:17 PM

Why stick with the ac 5?
I understand they are the same range weapons, with the same minimums.
I guess to avoid the same old, same old.
I would figure keeping a sink or 2, and going with something smaller, or maybe doing the normal 2k with keeping the lrms. Granted the lrms aren't as great of a punch as the ac 5, since it is possible to hit with only one missile.

Still usable.
Karagin
12/17/15 04:13 PM

Your armor set up is wrong, having 27 points in the front torso is a total of 185 points for 12 tons of armor NOT 11.5. The stats you give are right beyond the armor count.

The format issue is you didn't use the CODE brackets and something with your text file.
Karagin

Karagin
12/17/15 04:16 PM

It has three weapons and very limited close in defensive weapons, like next to none. Unless McLean is a elite pilot aka the infamous 0 gunnery and 0 pilot, I don't see him or this mech living that long.

Drop the AC5 for something else that can give it back a medium range bracket and some close in punch.
Karagin

ghostrider
12/17/15 08:35 PM

I would say the is depending on how the unit works and the enemy. This unit seems more like fire support without the lrms and lots of ammo, as a commanders mech should be. They are not supposed to be slugging it out with assault mechs in the middle of the field.
Granted the lower gunnery skills would be a must. I do not see it getting closer then medium range of the PPC/ac. Hell anything under 10 hexes and it would be hard to keep from being the primary target of the enemy. But that also depends on if the enemy figures out it is a command mech.

I agree with the ac being under gunned for the weight, but I do not think you should be under 5 hexes from any unit. And that is close for a command mech in my opinion. The lack of jets means it is very difficult to get out of a tight spot. Best counter for that is not get into that spot.
Karagin
12/17/15 11:05 PM

A command mech should NOT be a fire support mech, it should be a move and help as needed mech, one that doesn't draw all the attention of the enemy. Unless you keep your commander far away from the fight, hence why I don't see this as a command mech.

Getting in close is how many players actually fight, some it's for the physical attacks others because they love to use the MGs and SRMs and SL to get the injury to insult hits in. Also if this mech runs into infantry or BA...yeah it's toast.
Karagin

ghostrider
12/18/15 12:44 AM

Oh I agree, but then not everyone is going for the ultimate munchy mech.
I also agree this would not be a good fire support mech, but not everyone has a salamander or vulture to drive.

Now just curious, but why would you not want your commander to be in a fire support role?
It give them a chance to keep an eye on things and think a little without having to dodge kicks and punches. Also it means your troopers aren't as concerned about you being surrounded or getting taken out by the gangs in physical combat.
And getting in close also means ac 20's going off, which more then a few here say it worthless as no one would get that close to you. Problem is, if they know you have it. Great thing about an omni.
I have played with most people feeling that if they did not physical a mech, the game was crappy.
Also time frame. This is 3025 era. BA was not available, though infantry would be, and frankly what is the difference between this mech meeting infantry and say an awesome? Both are screwed, but at least this one has a chance to run away from the infantry with it's speed.

You asked what it would be good for, and I tried to come up with something that might work. Granted, it is not the best thing out there, but not everything has to be min/maxed.
Karagin
12/18/15 12:55 AM

A commander needs to move around, get in the fight as well as control it, sitting back away from everything means they don't have the ability to rally the troops, or show up and be that brick that holds the line etc....

I agree nothing needs to be min/max, what I don't agree with is the lack of secondary weapons, ANYTHING gets with in the minimum of the two main weapons is going to have a field day with this mech and given that he is illegal on his armor place vs listed tonnage, yeah...yes BA isn't around in 3025, but that doesn't change the point, it will run into infantry at some point and it can not defend against them very well with the single small laser.

As for what it would be used for, I can't really say, it would be hard pressed to do a lot and once it starts taking damage the player will need to keep moving thus not always offering a lot of shots back at the other side. Now for a Solairs mech....yeah again the lack of secondary weapons kills it.
Karagin

ghostrider
12/18/15 01:03 PM

Except for the jets, the standard griffin is even worse. The lrm minimum ranges would be more then useless against infantry that can fire. At least the PPC/ac has a chance to hit the infantry. One point of damage, which is stupid, but it is something.
Now as a few have countered, a unit should have it's own infantry, but we know if you are doing a fast raid, having slow units is not a raid, but an assault on the area.

I think the style of how people play might be what is causing this issue. As we both agree, it seems alot of people love the taking the armor off enemy mechs with your hands and feet is popular, but I have known a few to do the hold the line in a more static fight. They were good as well. Pick a dangerous target and take it down quickly, but they also used home made maps that made that possible.
Heavy forest makes up for the lack of movement in assaults like an awesome, so sitting in one that doesn't catch fire, is preferred. No movement penalty for shooting as you are not moving, though the stationary rule does have to be settled on that. We say not standing still, but staying in the hex to avoid it. Not sure about others.

Depending on the size of the unit, getting around may not be that difficult, and it does counter a commander using an atlas or awesome or some other slow mech. This unit does move 8 on a run. Plugging a hole in the line can be done, though we do know this is no like a stalker or battlemaster for something like that. Still, as the griffin example shows, there are standard mechs that would be bad picks or worse.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 98 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7466

Contact Admins Sarna.net