Rules Question - Infantry (Tactical Warfare, Techmanual)

Pages: 1
FrederickSteiner
01/20/16 08:58 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hello Community,

we are wondering about the nature of certain Conventional Infantry types.

Tactical Warfare lists Conventional Infantry as two different types where Anti Mech Skill is concerned:

(Standard) Infantry with a worse Anti Mech Skill and Anti Mech Infantry with a better Anti Mech Skill.

Upon trying to calculate the Battle Value of the infantry unit types given in Total Warfare we turned to the Techmanual.

The Techmanual discerns between infantry units 'being capable of Anti Mech attacks' and Infantry units 'not being capable of Anti Mech attacks'.

(As an aside, trying to calculate the Total Warfare standard infantry Battle Values to match those within the Master Unit List showed us that these units have been calculated as 'being capable of Anti Mech attacks').

So, which Anti Mech Skill will an infantry unit, calculated as 'being capable of Anti Mech Attacks', have? The worse or the better one?

If it is the worse one, how would we calculate the Battle Value of even more dedicated Anti Mech infantry?

And if it is the better one, why would the (Standard) Infantry have an Anti Mech Skill value at all (while 'not being capable of Anti Mech attacks')?

So, are there two types of Infantry where Anti Mech capability is concerned

1. 'not being capable of Anti Mech attacks' + worse Anti Mech Skill value
2. 'being capable of Anti Mech attacks' + better Anti Mech Skill value

or three

1. 'not being capable of Anti Mech attacks' + no Anti Mech Skill value (not listed in Total Warfare)
2. 'being capable of Anti Mech attacks' + worse Anti Mech Skill value
3. 'being capable of Anti Mech attacks' + better Anti Mech Skill value

We are confused...

Thanks for your answers
ghostrider
01/20/16 01:40 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
It looks like you are missing a small point in this.

Infantry anti mech skills are the ability to do the swarm/knee capping. I know they don't really distinguish that in anything but costs and bv. The way I have seen the rules set up, they imply any infantry unit can swarm/kneecap without issues.

So basically it is:
Infantry-not trained
Infantry-trained-extra bv

Costs of training such infantry, which few people use, is the what normally decides if they are trained. I believe in the older books it was said the training cost 1 million c-bills extra, which is why all infantry are not trained with such skills.

Now I might have missed something, but this is how I see the answer to the question.
Hopefully someone will confirm/deny this answer with something with a little more references, as I am too lazy to look them up right now.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3342

Contact Admins Sarna.net