Jump Capacity: 240 meters
Armor: Unknown Hardened
Armament:
1 ER Small Laser
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Composite Structure 99 points 3.00
Engine: XL Fusion Engine 275 8.00
Walking MP: 5
Running MP: 8 (7)
Jumping MP: 8 Improved
Jump Jet Locations: 4 LT, 4 RT 8.00
Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sink 10(20) 0.00
Gyro: XL 1.50
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: H+UL+LL+F R: H+UL+LL+F
Armor: Hardened AV - 200 25.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 18 26
Center Torso (rear) 9
L/R Torso 13 20
L/R Torso (rear) 6
L/R Front Leg 13 26
L/R Rear Leg 13 26

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.E.S. FRL - 2 1.50
A.E.S. FLL - 2 1.50
ER Small Laser HD 2 1 0.50
A.E.S. RRL - 2 1.50
A.E.S. RLL - 2 1.50
Free Critical Slots: 2

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 13 Points: 17
5/8j 1 1 0 0 2 0 Structure: 1
Special Abilities: ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

MY BLURB:
Potrzebie bounce.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
ghostrider
02/17/16 11:53 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Just curious, but one a small er laser? Did you miss something?
Is this just a dfa mech?
And one question about all the aes. Does it help with the dfa?
Otherwise I don't understand all 4 legs having it. Does each improve the targeting of the one laser?

At least the original charger had 5 small lasers.

Nice jump capability though. Should scare the crude out of enemy pilots for a few jumps. Hardened armor will help survive dfa.
KamikazeJohnson
02/21/16 06:28 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

Just curious, but one a small er laser? Did you miss something?
Is this just a dfa mech?
And one question about all the aes. Does it help with the dfa?
Otherwise I don't understand all 4 legs having it. Does each improve the targeting of the one laser?

At least the original charger had 5 small lasers.

Nice jump capability though. Should scare the crude out of enemy pilots for a few jumps. Hardened armor will help survive dfa.

My original plan was to have it completely unarmed, just for a few extra points on the Absurdity Scale (it is a JMInc. design after all...), but I had a spare 1/2 ton. Yes, is intended almost exclusively for DFA. AES is All-or-None in the legs, gives -1 to Charge or Kick Attacks (including DFA), or -2 to all other Piloting rolls. -2 Piloting for Quad (can anyone confirm that that includes Charge Attacks?). Gives a better chance at landing the DFA, plus a better chance of NOT falling after a successful attack. Full Hardened Armour due to the damage taken when Charging, plus the inevitable Falling damage whenever the DFA misses.

If I use Fractional Accounting, I get 2 additional tons for more weapons.
--Thomas Jefferson
ghostrider
02/21/16 11:03 PM

Might be better with ecm. Then the enemy shouldn't see it until it is in sight.
(evil smile)

Don't know if cost is an issue, but does JMinc make normal heatsinks? I would think double sinks are overkill for this.

Too bad quads can't use claws or anything like that. Would scare the hell out of the enemy to have one rack another mech like a large cat.

I know this is pure bs, but I wonder if you can use targeting computers since it is a direct attack?

But another thought might be tag. Bring the rain if it can't reach a target. But this might be a little too much for an arena type mech.
Akalabeth
02/22/16 05:38 AM

Quads wouldn't get a bonus for Charge or DFA

The -2 bonus applies to piloting rolls. A Charge or a DFA is an attack which uses the piloting skill as its base, but it is not actually a piloting skill roll.

Similarly, a gyro will not make physical attacks harder. But if you miss a kick, then the +3 for a Gyro comes into effect for the PSR.

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

I know this is pure bs, but I wonder if you can use targeting computers since it is a direct attack?

Nope.
Sensor damage doesn't affect physical attacks either.

Edited by Akalabeth (02/22/16 05:39 AM)
KamikazeJohnson
02/22/16 03:41 PM

Quote:
Akalabeth writes:

Quads wouldn't get a bonus for Charge or DFA

The -2 bonus applies to piloting rolls. A Charge or a DFA is an attack which uses the piloting skill as its base, but it is not actually a piloting skill roll.

That's what I was thinking; it seems thematically accurate. So just the AES bonus on the DFA, but the Quad bonus will help for the roll to remain standing after a successful attack (IIRC missed DFA=automatic fall)
--Thomas Jefferson
Akalabeth
02/22/16 05:16 PM

Yeah, if you want a bit of a gimmick mech I dunno about running with the hardened armour. It gives a +1 piloting penalty and reduces your run distance.

If you drop it to normal armour you'll get what, 12.5 tons back?
I'd add a TSEMP Cannon - 6 tons
MASC or a Super charger - 3 tons? (probably Super Charger because MASC will cause a crit in all four legs I think)
And Spikes

Spikes will enhance the physical damage from charge attacks with the super charger giving that extra speed boost for a better charge. While a TSEMP cannon can make enemy mechs easy targets and if I'm mistaken, the only draw back is a +1 firing penalty which a physical attack mech won't care about.

TSEMP a guy, shut him down, then DFA or Charge him next turn. Like some sort of pouncing spider paralyzing its victim and then jumping on him.

That's assuming you have the crits. I don't recall if Hardened Armor takes up crit space or not.

Edited by Akalabeth (02/22/16 05:19 PM)
KamikazeJohnson
02/22/16 06:43 PM

Quote:
Akalabeth writes:

Yeah, if you want a bit of a gimmick mech I dunno about running with the hardened armour. It gives a +1 piloting penalty and reduces your run distance.

Piloting penalty is countered by the AES and the Quad bonus. Run speed is mostly irrelevent with the IJJ...really no reason to run.

Quote:
If you drop it to normal armour you'll get what, 12.5 tons back?

Close...without Hardened, I'd need to scrap the Composite Structure...way too fragile otherwise, so that's a cost of 2.5 tons. Also, it's hard to overestimate the value of durability.

Quote:
TSEMP a guy, shut him down, then DFA or Charge him next turn. Like some sort of pouncing spider paralyzing its victim and then jumping on him.

That's assuming you have the crits. I don't recall if Hardened Armor takes up crit space or not.

TSEMP is a cool idea...that would grant a Statioary Target bonus on the Charge/DFA attack?

No crits required for Hardened...I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure there's no free space...16 crits for the Jump Jets doesn't leave much space on a Quad.
--Thomas Jefferson
Akalabeth
02/22/16 07:53 PM

TSEMP would shut them down (ideally), meaning it's a -4 to DFA or whatever else. Mind you, they may not be standing after getting shutdown so your DFA wouldn't be hitting the head.

Yeah but sounds like you don't have much wiggle room on the design in terms of criticals or tonnage.

Edited by Akalabeth (02/22/16 07:53 PM)
ghostrider
02/22/16 09:14 PM

Stupid question, but can a jumping quad mech gain any bonus for having claws with a dfa?

I would think no, but a dfa is a physical attack, though I would assume the claws only work for a punch. Not sure if the rules specifically state this or not. Don't have the claw rules myself. Too lazy to look them up on the wiki.
KamikazeJohnson
02/22/16 09:25 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

Stupid question, but can a jumping quad mech gain any bonus for having claws with a dfa?

I would think no, but a dfa is a physical attack, though I would assume the claws only work for a punch. Not sure if the rules specifically state this or not. Don't have the claw rules myself. Too lazy to look them up on the wiki.

If yes, the claws would have to be installed in the legs. Leg space is taken up with the AES, so no space for Claws.
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
02/22/16 11:15 PM

Quote:
Akalabeth writes:

Yeah but sounds like you don't have much wiggle room on the design in terms of criticals or tonnage.

Let's see...AES takes up all the leg space, XL Gyro takes up the CT space, 3 spaces in each side torso for XL Engine, 8 for Improved Jump Jets, Laser in the Head leaves...1 space in each side torso lol. Although if we ditch the Hardened, we can go back to the Standard Gyro.
--Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 83 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5874

Contact Admins Sarna.net