Fan Council TRO 3048

Pages: 1
Akalabeth
02/18/16 01:40 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on this? I saw it mentioned on CBT but no download link, just passing PMs around. I think I contributed some old artwork to the thing that I wouldn't mind having a copy of.

I searched google for it as well but the only links I found were to torrent sites or foreign language file hosting sites and since I'm not keen on loading up with viruses just now, thought someone might have it or know where to get it legit.
GiovanniBlasini
03/02/16 03:06 AM

I have a copy somewhere. I'll see about digging it up.
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Akalabeth
03/03/16 10:47 PM

Cool. A friend of mine has it as well and I might be able to get it off him this sunday. But let me know if you have it earlier. I think it's 20 mb though so it cannot really be emailed.

I don't know why this isn't online anywhere, on a reputable site. Someone should collect the various fan-made battletech products into one database.

Edited by Akalabeth (03/03/16 10:47 PM)
Nic JansmaAdministrator
03/06/16 10:03 AM

If it's freely available, the Sarna Downloads section would be a great place for it. Just send it my way.
-- NicJ
Justin_Kase
03/15/16 12:35 AM

Anyone ever find a copy of this posted somewhere? Sounds like it was amazing!
Akalabeth
03/15/16 03:53 AM

My friend still has a copy, I just haven't seen him in a couple weeks due to work and him being out of town, etcetera. If I don't forget I should be able to get a copy of it this coming Sunday when we meet up for Battletech and will pass it along.
Justin_Kase
03/15/16 02:34 PM

My thanks!
GiovanniBlasini
03/23/16 03:14 AM

Combed three computers so far with no luck, along with my OneDrive. I've got it archived, I'm just not sure where yet. Wasn't in my FGC 3048 folder, which was weird - I've still got most of the behind the scenes GM stuff from the time, including the discussions leading up to FGC 3062, but not the PDF? Really? I mean, I even found my HMA file for the Explorer Corps Union class that ended up in the Fan Council TRO 3048.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
skiltao
04/06/16 03:03 PM

I have a copy here. I think I got it from the foreign language site, but it was years ago and I don't really remember.

Are there any other fan items people are looking for? I think most of what I have can be found on the web already, but you never know.

Edited by skiltao (04/06/16 03:04 PM)
ghostrider
04/07/16 12:55 AM

Isn't fan tros taking business away from the company selling the game?
And information in it may be very reliable, but still exclusively canon.
Not sure if they got the written ok to use the materials in this way, but for some reason, it seems doubtful
Granted only getting money for them would be a violation that would hold up in court.

Not that I am against having some holes filled in the continuity of the game, but this very much sounds like supporting non company products. I do like having some holes filled as only certain books put out have information for things like units that will not see the official tros or rule books for a few years.
Akalabeth
04/07/16 01:10 AM

I made a copy available for Nic Jansma as well, but not sure if it's been uploaded to sarna yet.
GiovanniBlasini
04/16/16 03:18 AM

Ghostrider, fan TROs get posted to the official site all the time. The key is that they, like this one, feature non-canon designs. Case in point, I designed the Explorer Corps Union in that fan TRO. While we know the Explorer Corps used Unions in canon, that one is certainly not canon.
Karagin
04/30/18 01:43 AM

Saw something about this being updated on Instagram, anyone heard anything new?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8040

Contact Admins Sarna.net