Corporation Logos

Pages: 1
Justin_Kase
03/14/16 11:01 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I was making a few Corp Logos for a fan TRO (which Sigil made) on the BattleTechGame.com forums, and was wondering if they might be of use here in the wiki.

The would be unofficial - but may be of some use in a campaign.

I did up logos for Yori 'Mech Works, Ronin Incorporated and Norse BattleMech Works.

The last one (Norse) actually becomes Victory Industries - but, if you are playing a pre-4th SW campaign, it could come in handy.

I can't post links yet, so :

smg.photobucket.com/user/JustinKase/library/Battletech?sort=4&page=1

Cut and paste the above if you want to view them.
Justin_Kase
03/15/16 02:33 PM

Uploaded an alternate take on the Norse BattleMech Works icon

..still can't post images or attach files :P So, it is at the same link above.

Used a Griffin Torso, Nordic helm (with historically inaccurate horns) and company initials (NBW)
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/15/16 06:31 PM

Non cannon stuff or non official rules should not be in the wiki. All that will do is to confuse people of what is official and what is not.

I wish that I could draw worth ****. Even my stick men drawings suck, I would have loved to be able to draw my logo of my in game industrial company Assinine Industries.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Justin_Kase
03/15/16 09:42 PM

I did notice some pages had 'fan art' on the bottom.

I just figured it may be useful for some of the corps that don't have an official logo - especially if labeled "unofficial fan-logo" or somesuch.

Mine are far from spectacular. But, if it was worthwhile, I would clean them up further.

Alternatively - maybe some of these small companies should be combined with the companies that absorbed them (much like they did with Norse and Victory).

Edited by Justin_Kase (03/15/16 09:57 PM)
ghostrider
03/16/16 01:29 AM

Donkey is right about the wiki, but there is no reason you can not make a thread stating non canon (non official) logos.

But I would suggest finding out just how tight the owners of the game are with making logos. I believe it was stated if you don't make money on them, then they aren't that bad about it, but get some real legal information before doing it.
The wolf's dragoon logo you are using is a fine example. I don't know if it would be an issue or not.

Once you get the 10 posts required to start uploading pics, I would not mind seeing some of them.
I will warn you, I do not like downloads, and some others are in a like mind. Others don't care if they download or not. So I am asking anything you put up be something seen on the forums, not a down load.
THIS IS NOT AN ORDER. It is a simple request.
03/16/16 01:41 AM

I agree with Ghostrider on the downloads. I won't use them because I just out right don't trust them not to be viruses.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Justin_Kase
03/16/16 12:59 PM

I appreciate the feedback Where should I toss the thread? I mean, which forum?

The WD logo in my name is from the HBS site, I will likely fix it up so it looks better in 75x75.

Yes - nothing in the logos I created are copyrighted by anyone - and, as there wasn't an existing logo to work from. About the closest I got was using the torso silhouette of the Griffin BattleMech from MWO to create the Norse logo. Even the Fonts are open source fonts

If they somehow resemble something CGL may have in some publication I haven't seen, I would delete them (and post the ACTUAL logo !!).

No $$ will be made, not asking for donations to use them, just wanted to give back to this amazing site.

As to the downloads - once I post the pics, someone who is worried about viruses can just take a screen shot then cut/paste - if they wanted to use them. I have a virus scanner, run a few anti-malware searches periodically, and am using licensed software to make the icons - so, they should be safe. But, better safe than sorry

... three more posts to go :P

Edited by Justin_Kase (03/16/16 12:59 PM)
ghostrider
03/16/16 01:55 PM

Not sure where a thread like this would be good at.
If we could get some of the forums moderators or even the wiki people to chime in on the best place to put something like this, it would be nice.

Not sure if the fan art is supposed to be on the bottom of the pages, but I know they asked not to have non canon information on the wiki pages. There is a thread where someone suggested the 'information needed' be filled and asked about getting something put up.

Not sure if the developers are looking for logos for the game, but it may or may not be something to contact them with.

And as for safety, even windows gets hacked. And that isn't including the errors made at microsoft before they come out with updates. Hell, there have been times the update was flawed.

I don't know how far back you read some of the forums, but there has been a few times where canon and non canon arguments have come up. I know I was part of the argument, and came out sounding like an ****. Problem is, I am opinionated and harsh at times.

Otherwise the group seems to have some spirited talks that get out of hand, though most seem to not be used as an insult, but release of aggravation.

Looking forward to more ideas from people. I know one person is doing sketches from their game.
Justin_Kase
03/16/16 05:02 PM

Yup - I know all about flawed issues from straight out of the box, to patching, etc. I coordinate CRs for my IT team with various towers, and we do the monthly MS patching updates. So, yeah, I feel the joy :P

Arguments are fine - I certainly haven't been offended, and am not easily offended I'm just trying to do it right, rather than just editing a page and pissing people off

I'll look for the contacts and send, possibly over the weekend.

I really do appreciate the help.

Norse Battlemech Works

Yori 'Mech Works

Ronin Incorporated

Below is the older Norse icon I had made

Edited by Justin_Kase (03/16/16 10:43 PM)
03/16/16 06:05 PM

First your in the right place for what your posting.

Second you might want to be careful of coping copyrighted artwork.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Justin_Kase
03/16/16 10:51 PM

I think the only thing that is Copyrighted is the Griffin torso silhouette from the MWO image of the Griffin.

I pulled the characters for Ronin from a Kanji web page.

Japanese house was a free icon from BoardGameGeek - that I modified.

I used PSP to draw everything else (other than the open source fonts) - I did use references from google images that I imitated (like the axe and the look of the helm visor).

I also have some logos for the minor houses I made for the TRO 3028 - which are based directly off the icons found on Sarna.
ghostrider
03/17/16 04:37 AM

3028 tro? Is that one of the books explaining the houses or the fourth succession war?

Or something different. I know of the 3025 and 3026.

Or might be one of the others that were reprinted with a new title or just another support book with a different title.
Just curious.
Justin_Kase
03/17/16 10:29 AM

It is something Sigil tossed together (he made another fan TRO 2866 Rise of the Scavengers) - using the mechs that will be appearing in the BattleTech video game from HBS next year. So, most of the info is in the old 3025 book, but it also includes some other mechs (like the 20 ton variant of the Flea).

Go check it out (free downloadable PDF) on the first post in his thread:
https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/1273/comments/29615
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5950

Contact Admins Sarna.net