Flamer - 3 - Head - 1 - .5
Streak Long Range Missile-20 - 6 - LT - 5 - 10
2 Streak LRM-20 Ammo (12) - * - LT - 2 - 2
2 Streak Short Range Missile-4s - 6 - LT - 2 - 4
Streak SRM-4 Ammo (25) - * - LT - 1 - 1
Targeting Computer - * - RA - 2 - 2
Extended Range Medium Laser - 5 - RA - 1 - 1
Medium Pulse Laser - 4 - RA - 1 - 2

The Atlas llC is a mech that the Wolfs In Exile designed and built to be sold to the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces. The Atlas llC follows the standard layout of the Atlas AS7 kinda sorta. The mech was heavily upgraded with some of the most advanced Clan technology.

The first thing that was done was to get the mech to be more of a valuable offensive machine. What good was a mech that could not keep up with the battle? To make the Atlas llC more of an offensive weapon than a defensive weapon system the weight was dropped by five tons so as to make the mech faster utilizing an Extra Light 380 Fusion power plant. It was decided that it was better to drop the weight of the mech than to try to use the Extra Light 400 power plant on a hundred ton mech.

The Auto-cannon Twenty in the right torso was replaced with a Gauss Rifle. The Gauss Rifle only does three fourths of the damage than an Auto-cannon Twenty does but the Gauss Rifle far greatly out ranges the Auto-cannon Twenty. To help the Gauss Rifle hit more often it is supplemented with a Targeting Computer. To keep the Gauss Rifle in the fight it was given three tons of ammunition.

The original Atlas had a nice powerful Long Range Missile Twenty system in the left torso that made lots of noise on the battle field. To change that noise to real destructive fire power the Long Range Missile Twenty system was upgraded to the Streak Long Range Missile Twenty system. Now when the long range missiles are fired its not a lot of noisy fire works going off around the target but it is now a really destructive weapon that is truly feared.

The Short Range Missile Six system in the left torso was removed and was replaced with two Streak Short Range Missile Four packs. They take up the same amount of space but do a great deal more damage. Since streak missile systems don't use ammunition unless the weapons lock on to a target it was decided that the one ton of ammunition that the original mech carried was sufficient for the needs of the two streak Short Range Missile systems.

On the two arms the medium laser was replaced by two medium lasers one an Extended Range and the other a pulse both are assisted by a targeting computer.

The center rear firing lasers where upgraded to the extended version and also assisted by the targeting computer.

To give the mech an additional sense of dread to give any enemy a flame thrower was added to the mouth of the scull. When the prototype was first introduced to the LCAF the test pilot had to be warned mutable times to lay off the flame thrower and that its was not there for the pilot to use as a toy.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
03/24/16 01:05 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
nitpick. The er lasers listed in the first set of stats should say size, ie medium lasers.

I do like most of the configuration, but do need to ask why not fully armored?
For me, this is not a big deal, but for most, it seems a mech that isn't fully armored is lacking.

As for a suggestion, would it be better to have the pulse lasers rear facing, as it would seem that would be the secondary target if surrounded? Give it a better chance to hit.
The flamer is nice for anti infantry stuff, but the question of electronics does need to be asked. Ecm or something like it.

Now is there any alternative or variant configurations?
Like a light or heavy gauss rifle?
Or is the crits/weight to tight to think of some changes like that?
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/24/16 09:37 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

nitpick. The er lasers listed in the first set of stats should say size, ie medium lasers.

Why would I say ie when I mean er?

Quote:
I do like most of the configuration, but do need to ask why not fully armored?.
For me, this is not a big deal, but for most, it seems a mech that isn't fully armored is lacking.

It is fully armored. I cant have any more armor on it unless I used harded armor.

Quote:
As for a suggestion, would it be better to have the pulse lasers rear facing, as it would seem that would be the secondary target if surrounded? Give it a better chance to hit.
The flamer is nice for anti infantry stuff, but the question of electronics does need to be asked. Ecm or something like it.

I had pulse lasers in the back until I needed to drop some weight. I wanted the pulse lasers more in the front than in the back. I also thought that it would be a nasty surprise for someone to find that the back has some good amount of range.

Quote:
Now is there any alternative or variant configurations?
Like a light or heavy gauss rifle?
Or is the crits/weight to tight to think of some changes like that?

Not that I have but your more than welcome to make your own. It might just be interesting to see what variants others might come up with. I created it as a Clan and not a mixed design so light and heavy gauss rifles would not be part of it but you can change that

And thank you I totally forgot to mention that it has no left hand actuator. I ran out of crits.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
03/24/16 10:18 AM

Uhmm ie means for example.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ghostrider
03/24/16 12:16 PM

the thing about the lasers is the list says extended range lasers. Doesn't say small, medium, or large. It is not extreme importance as it is properly listed in the lower areas. Just nice to have all the details in the initial look.

And Karagin answered it, but ie as it stands is example.

The armor is a bit of a shock. I thought 15.5 tons was max for the 80 ton awsome, with 19 tons being max for a 100 ton mech. I can understand weight issues, but the response about only getting more out of hardened armor seems a bit off.
I would figure a 95 ton machine would be atleast 18 tons, but it isn't that big of a deal. I would think removing the enemy before they take too much armor off is better then having maxed armor and still not taking them down.

The speed will definitely catch a few people off guard for a while.
Though there is one more question, or clarification.
The case. Is that supposed to be in the right torso, or the left?
Given clan case is no weight/no crits, I would figure both torsos would have it, as the left torso has the explosive ammo in it. The 20 points from the gauss capacitors exploding isn't as bad as the 2 tons of lrm/1 ton of srm ammo in the left torso, but they that is my way of thinking.
KamikazeJohnson
03/24/16 01:10 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:
The armor is a bit of a shock. I thought 15.5 tons was max for the 80 ton awsome, with 19 tons being max for a 100 ton mech. I can understand weight issues, but the response about only getting more out of hardened armor seems a bit off.
I would figure a 95 ton machine would be atleast 18 tons, but it isn't that big of a deal.

19 tons of standard is max for a 100-tonner. Well, 19 tons = 304 points, max is actually 307 points. That translates just just a hair under 16 tons of Clan Ferro Fibrous, so 15.25 should be within 2-3 points on a 95.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
03/24/16 04:36 PM

It looks like I made a quite a few errors that I will need to go and correct. I don't know if the armor was a typo or a true error. I'm not where I can do that right now but once I am where I can work on. It I will see about correcting everything.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
03/24/16 05:41 PM

May I suggest using the design programs as to avoid issues and allow for a clear intent of what you want to offer up for us to review and see?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
03/24/16 06:27 PM

Quote:
Karagin writes:

May I suggest using the design programs as to avoid issues and allow for a clear intent of what you want to offer up for us to review and see?

That works great for say a guy that lives on a military base or in military housing where you have wifi no matter where you are for your computer but when you only have a cell phone because your a truck driver that's not quite as easy done as said.

I literary work with pin and paper then type everything out on my phone or if I want to spend the money at a truck stops for their wifi I can use my laptop.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
03/24/16 06:40 PM

The armor is correct. 15.25 tons of Clan Ferro-Fibrras comes up to 292.8 points of armor (15.25 X 1.2 X 16 = 292.8) which rounds to 293 points which is the maximum amount of armor that a 95 ton mech can carry.

As for changing the original post to state the lasers are medium lasers I can't do that because the time allotted to change a post has expired.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
03/24/16 07:22 PM

The armor is my mistake. Ferrous fiber armor, not normal. Forgot it was 1.2 times the protection. Yeah. I got really stupid with that one. Not used to the advanced armor on something this large.

The lasers was a nitpick, nothing that would make the mech fail, so no problems.

As for things like using programs to design units, I will refer back to the download issues I have, and I would think a few others would be with me on this. I don't download programs from people I don't know. That is the fastest way to get viruses into your system since trojan programs are one of the easiest way to have someone take control of your system.
I know donkey has stated several times he uses his phone to post to the board alot.
That is why I do sympahize about the 'illegal' design issues. Part of the push for a section for those types of units.

But back to the mech.
Other then the typo or missing information, is there something wrong with the mech or a suggestion on how to improve it?
The lack of crits makes it difficult to move something and change something, which happens with doing ferrous/endosteel in one unit with weight to spare.

I just need to remember ferrous fiber is use at times. Duh.
03/24/16 07:32 PM

Try ferrous, endosteel, and a XL engine on an assault mach. There where times that I had made this out right awesome mech and then when I was taking care of the crits I found that I had far more crits beyond what any mech can have even with eliminating all arm crits other than the shoulder. I was "AW CRAP! Well that sucked! Well back to the drawing board"

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
12/16/16 03:18 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 183 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7484

Contact Admins Sarna.net