Armor: Unknown Hardened
Armament:
2 Heavy PPC + PPC Capacitors
1 Laser Anti-Missile System
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 152 points 5.00
Internal Locations: 2 CT, 2 LA, 10 RA
Engine: (A) XL Fusion Engine 300 15.50
Walking MP: 3 (4)
Running MP: 5
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sink 14(28) 4.00
Heat Sink Locations: 1 RT, 1 LA
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: (A) Standard 4.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA R: SH+UA
TSM Locations: 1 HD, 1 LT, 2 LL, 2 RL
Armor: Hardened AV - 304 38.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 31 47
Center Torso (rear) 14
L/R Torso 21 32
L/R Torso (rear) 10
L/R Arm 17 34
L/R Leg 21 41

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heavy PPC + PPC Capacitor LA 20 4 10.00
Heavy PPC + PPC Capacitor LA 5* 1 1.00
(T) Heavy PPC + PPC Capacitor RT 20 4 10.00
(T) Heavy PPC + PPC Capacitor RT 5* 1 1.00
Laser Anti-Missile System LT 7 2 1.50
Targeting Computer LT - 5 5.00
(A) Mech Shoulder Turret RT - 1 2.00
Free Critical Slots: 1

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 20 Points: 32
3 2 2 2 0 4 1 Structure: 4
Special Abilities: TSM, AMS, ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

MY BLURB:
Presenting...the Pudge, JMInc.'s latest entry into the local Solaris VII Arena scene. For heat-management reasons, the final version dropped the Laser Anti-Missile System in avour of a conventional AMS, but as it turned out, only one 'Mech in the arena mounted missiles (SRM 4s with Infernos) so the change was largely irrelevant.

Designed to be nearly indestructible, yet deliver a sustained 20-point whallop every turn with a charged Heavy PPC, the Pudge was doomed to be the first casualty of the 6-'Mech match. Turn 2: Medium X-Pulse Lasers to the Right Arm and the Head. Turn 3: Large X-Pulse Laser to the Left Leg. Turn 4: Heavy PPC to the Head.

Feel free to laugh at my misfortune
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
03/23/16 08:30 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Did you find the turret to be a boon or a hindrance?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
KamikazeJohnson
03/23/16 08:52 PM

Quote:
Karagin writes:

Did you find the turret to be a boon or a hindrance?

Only fired the turret HPPC twice so...neither?
--Thomas Jefferson
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/23/16 10:03 PM

OK!

Heehaw!

Heehaw!

Heehaw!

Heehaw!

Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Akalabeth
03/23/16 11:51 PM

No Hook and Chain? Melee weapons? Been watching a lot of Dota2 streams lately.

When I was trying to do a fan made BV 3.0 for the game, I found under my system at least the Capacitors for the PPC & HPPC simply weren't worth it. They only made sense for the LPPC. And LPPC w/Capacitor will do the same damage over time but more concentrated. A HPPC will lose 10 damage and a regular PPC 5.

It's okay I suppose if you're constantly in and out of cover but in a sustained fire fight doesn't seem to be.
ghostrider
03/24/16 01:19 AM

So luck seemed to determine the fate of the mech?
Head caps are hard to evaluate a mech from. Are you going to try it again, or come up with something new?

Also, I have to ask if it is a typo error for 5 tons of tcs or is the capacitor needing a tc? I thought clan tc was 1 ton per 5 tons of weapons meaning you would need only 4 tons of tc. Granted I don't have the information for IS tc's, so that might be more needed.

Not sure if the capacitor helped or not, but would it have been better to use ermls or something else besides the capacitors? Get your heat up quicker, while giving you some extra damage dealt?

I need to ask, but is the (a) symbols mean armored?
Otherwise I am missing something. The xl 300 should be 9.5 tons, not 15.5.

I know people love the kick, but is the tsm really needed without all the arm actuators? It sounds off. Might be the idea of using punches over kicks.
Akalabeth
03/24/16 01:50 AM

It's an Inner Sphere design
ghostrider
03/24/16 02:25 AM

That does not answer the questions.
I know they came out with some things in the newer books, but the clan invasion was the last ones I got.
Armored items and inner sphere targeting comps were not part of those books. The same with the different gyros, nor did the have light engines in them.

Otherwise you could say it is a mech to answer the same questions.
KamikazeJohnson
03/24/16 03:26 AM

Quote:
Akalabeth writes:

No Hook and Chain? Melee weapons? Been watching a lot of Dota2 streams lately.

With the Minimum Range on the HPPCs, I wouldn't normally be trying to force Physical range. Not going to put that amount of tonnage into a weapon I might never use.

Quote:
When I was trying to do a fan made BV 3.0 for the game, I found under my system at least the Capacitors for the PPC & HPPC simply weren't worth it. They only made sense for the LPPC. And LPPC w/Capacitor will do the same damage over time but more concentrated. A HPPC will lose 10 damage and a regular PPC 5.

It's okay I suppose if you're constantly in and out of cover but in a sustained fire fight doesn't seem to be.

Under normal circumstances, you would be correct. However, once you account for Heat, things balance out a bit. And this 'Mech was designed for maximum intimidation factor, which means that brutal 20-point hit.
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
03/24/16 03:37 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

So luck seemed to determine the fate of the mech?
Head caps are hard to evaluate a mech from. Are you going to try it again, or come up with something new?

Undecided. I'm sure I'll pull it out for another match at some point, but I have a lot of other designs to try.

Quote:
Also, I have to ask if it is a typo error for 5 tons of tcs or is the capacitor needing a tc? I thought clan tc was 1 ton per 5 tons of weapons meaning you would need only 4 tons of tc. Granted I don't have the information for IS tc's, so that might be more needed.

IS TC is one ton/4 tons of weapons.

Quote:
Not sure if the capacitor helped or not, but would it have been better to use ermls or something else besides the capacitors? Get your heat up quicker, while giving you some extra damage dealt?

That comes down to the tactic around which the entire 'Mech was designed. Maintain range as much as possible, fire one HPPC each round while charging the other. Then, if pressed, fire both with a run, activating the TSM for a (hopefully crippling) 40-point Kick. The goal was to do enough damage that the others would tend to steer clear, but not enough that I was the obvious threat to be destroyed ASAP.

Quote:
I need to ask, but is the (a) symbols mean armored?
Otherwise I am missing something. The xl 300 should be 9.5 tons, not 15.5.

Yes, the Engine, Cockpit, and Turret are all Armoured locations.

Quote:
I know people love the kick, but is the tsm really needed without all the arm actuators? It sounds off. Might be the idea of using punches over kicks.

As noted above, it was my "surprise" for anyone who tried to get in too close. Plus I prefer Kicks anyway...better chance to hit, and forces a Piloting roll on the target.
--Thomas Jefferson
Akalabeth
03/24/16 04:13 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

That does not answer the questions.
I know they came out with some things in the newer books, but the clan invasion was the last ones I got.
Armored items and inner sphere targeting comps were not part of those books. The same with the different gyros, nor did the have light engines in them.

Otherwise you could say it is a mech to answer the same questions.

Clan Invasion was the last book you got? Dude, it was the FIRST book I got and that was decades ago. Maybe you should you know, upgrade?

Or at the very least, search the wiki:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Targeting_Computer
ATN082268
03/24/16 08:34 AM

I like the Pudge and I'm sure a miniature for it would be interesting How well it does in the Solaris arenas depends a lot on what rules you are using. If you use the old boxed set Solaris 'Mech Dueling rules with quadruple the heat, delays, etc, this design will get murdered in the arenas although it may take a while to die. If you use just the basic Battletech rules and have the fighting done in the arenas, then it might do O.K. Even if you don't use the old dueling rules, I would concentrate more on shorter range weaponry and think about giving it jump capability.
CrayModerator
03/26/16 09:18 PM

Interesting design, it puts a useful amount of firepower on a 100-ton 'Mech with maxed out hardened armor. A bit toasty, but you only get the 40-point heat pulses every other turn.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 93 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6257

Contact Admins Sarna.net