Did I miss something?

Pages: 1
Akirapryde2006
03/26/16 09:37 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So after digging through my sources and creating a three page reply to what Donkey wrote. I put my laptop down to eat with the family, only to find upon my return that the thread is gone.

I really wanted to answer what Donkey said and address the accusation that was leveled against me as being a cheater. I did take serious offense to the accusation and have the references within the Strategic Operations to support my design.

I don't understand why the thread was taken down and removed. I didn't see anything overly insulting or uncivil.

Could someone please explain why the thread was taken down.
Karagin
03/26/16 10:21 PM

Check the rules, one of the mods came and wiped it out.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
03/26/16 10:41 PM

One of the mods moved it to the moderator reviewing forum to get some other opinions. It'll be back.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/26/16 10:57 PM

Oh I bet there are some very interesting things on that forum!
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
03/26/16 11:07 PM

Quote:
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey writes:

Oh I bet there are some very interesting things on that forum!

Since Neveron was dumped...not really. It's also fairly new to Sarna, so the great flame wars of the past aren't addressed there.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
ghostrider
03/26/16 11:08 PM

They moved the entire power gaming thread?

Damn. I was going to ask if I used nukes, if that would be power gaming or an illegal operations. No rules say you can't use them, but then they don't have anything that supports it either.
I figured the largest capital missile should cover the weight of it, and is should wipe out a few circular miles.

But now that the moment is past.. damn.

So being nosy, will it have more then a few words, like the, of, and?

And to answer your question.

It looks like you missed a quick ban. They will review the content first. So that is a good sign.

Edited by ghostrider (03/26/16 11:10 PM)
Akirapryde2006
03/27/16 12:30 AM

If I made a mistake in what I said or posted I will stand by my mistake and accept what ever is deemed necessary.

However I am eager to challenge the accusation of cheating leveled against me, should that conversation be allowed to continue. It would be a travesty of fairness that that false accusation is allowed to stand without challenge.

But for now, I shall patiently await word from the moderators.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/27/16 12:45 AM

I would say a nuke would be like being within the area of a jumpship jumping but in a smaller scale.

I totally doubt anyone is banned things did not go that far. A warning might be given out to a few people, including my self, things did get quite heated but I doubt anyone will be just out right banned. It might be best that the thread stayed gone.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
03/27/16 02:02 AM

We were doing ok for a short while.
It is when things get personal that starts issues, and yes, it is very easy to take something like someone telling you, you are playing something a weird way. As much as I wanted to say wrong, it is up to those playing with the person to say it is wrong for them.

And I did get a couple of friendly warning when neveron was here, I know they had some real dozeys before I got on the board. If it was half as bad as the chat site, then they had to shut down more then a few for physical threats. I don't think the admins can talk about it, as it may be legal issues and such.
This has not gotten to that point publically, and I do hope not privately.

As for the nuke, I am not talking tactical. I mean wipe out the entire military compound in one shot. And it doesn't have to be a missile, but a bomb. Something that can pack more ordinance as it only has to aim falling, not flying around the world.
But it was meant as an exaggerated joke.
Akirapryde2006
03/27/16 03:50 AM

Quote:

I totally doubt anyone is banned things did not go that far. A warning might be given out to a few people, including my self, things did get quite heated but I doubt anyone will be just out right banned. It might be best that the thread stayed gone.

I would be opposed to anyone being banned or even warned (including you Donkey). While we can disagree and you can even make your accusations, I don't take your comments in malicious. That being said.....

You did call me out as a cheater (the proverbial nuclear option of the gaming community). That accusation needs to be addressed in the forum it was made in. The thread remaining gone would be a mistake and lead to this issue not reaching its conclusion.

That is just my opinion. As it stands now, we are all just waiting to hear what the Mods/Admins declare.

Akira
FrabbyModerator
03/27/16 08:02 AM

Guys... Cray already explained it. The thread was moved for moderator review. Not because we wanted to do that, but because we felt we had to - and because both Cray and myself received messages pointing to this thread or complaining about things written there.
We don't intend to take anything away from anybody. But the review may have the welcome side effect of letting things cool down a bit where people felt other people had stepped on their toes.
CrayModerator
03/27/16 09:16 AM

Quote:

I would say a nuke would be like being within the area of a jumpship jumping but in a smaller scale.

The rules for nukes (JHS:3068 I think, and SLDF manual recently published) show nukes generally do a lot more damage than JumpShip.

ghostrider
03/27/16 12:13 PM

I really don't see anyone questioning why. There were some things that were a little pointed, though I didn't think that bad. Granted, none were at me, so that might be why it seemed bad.
It seems most understand why it was pulled. I know a few things skirted the edge of bad things. A few, well if I was the one it was pointed at, might seem too much.

The only question most of us have is when, or if, it will be back up so we can discuss things a little more. Then again, since most of it was about how players play their games, it may be a subject that defines peoples morals and such. Touchy, yes. Can we be civil and discuss it? Maybe not.
I would like to try. Not sure of the others.

Now as for the nukes. Is the damage radius the same in space as it is on the ground?
And I don't mean the hole left verse space. I am talking the more open area.
Akirapryde2006
03/29/16 07:29 PM

All I can say is that I am deeply disappointed that the Moderators/Administrators felt the need to return the Thread, Power Gaming Designs in the Mechwarrior Universe, yet lock and thus ending further conversation there. With a disappointed sigh, I will respect the ruling and let the conversation end with that thread.
ghostrider
03/29/16 08:06 PM

suggest followups (with an eye towards respecting your neighbor) can be posted if desired in other threads.

It was not banned, but asked to keep a more civil conversation if it was taken up again.

I do think there are still things the need to be worked out, but it did seem like some were taking it more personally then necessary. But then again, I was not the one in that position, so don't know what might set it off.
This is why I had asked if private messages were going back and forth, as most of it seemed a little pointed, but not offensive. It may have caused old wounds to open, which I am not aware of, so will accept it as such.

It isn't the first thread locked, and sadly, probably not the last one. But it is the responsibility of the admins to avoid issues like potential cyber bullying.

I would like to hear the response to the others, but that is something that needs to be cleared with the admins. The best way to avoid issues of he said/she said is public statements.
CrayModerator
03/29/16 09:36 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

It was not banned, but asked to keep a more civil conversation if it was taken up again.

Yep.

Quote:
but it did seem like some were taking it more personally then necessary.

Yep.

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6385

Contact Admins Sarna.net