Deathwalker

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/31/16 01:26 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
*WARNING fractional accounting optional rules where used.*

Quote:
Cray writes:

I've found Streaks (and LBXs, to a lesser extent) to be murderous in duels. The lighter weapons add variety, but Streaks have that combination of 9 hexes range (trumping small laser and MG variants), fantastic heat control, and ammo efficiency.

One of my players optimized on fast medium's with improved jump jets and Streaks. They were annoying as crap and crit'd a lot of my behemoth designs to death. The only improvement was to add some hole-punchers like a PPC.

Like this?

Deathwalker
Technology Base: - Inner Sphere W/Clan weapons
Equipment Mass 50
Internal Structure: Indo-Steel 2.5t
Engine: 300 EL 9.5t
Walking MP: 6
Running MP: (8)
Jumping MP: 6
Heat Sinks: 10 Double (20)
Gyro: XL 1.5
Cockpit: 3

2 (Clan) Extended Range Medium Lasers
3 (Clan) Streak SRM-4s

Armor Factor: 168 Hardened 21

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 16/25
Center Torso(rear) 6
R/L Torso 12/20
R/L Torso(rear) 4
R/L Arm 8/16
R/L Leg 12/24

Weapons and Ammo Location Heat Critical Tonnage
(Clan) Extended Range Medium Laser - RA - 5 - 1 - 1
(Clan) Streak SRM-4 - RT - 3 - 1 - 2
Streak SRM-4 Ammo (18) - RL - * - 1 - .72
(Clan) Streak SRM-4 - H - 3 - 1 - 2
(Clan) Streak SRM-4 - LT - 3 - 1 - 2
Streak SRM-4 Ammo (18) - LL - * - 1 - .72
(Clan) Extended Range Medium Laser - LA - 5 - 1 - 1

Cost 10,621,140 C-Bills

Assinine Industries wanted to expand their advertising into new markets and one great market was the Solaris III games for the goal of mercenary market for tanks. It was found that ,conventual advertising in the Solaris games was very costly and it was just more cost saving just to put ones own mech into the games than to buy commercial advertising during a game broadcast. Also adds where quite forgetful after the game was over if one has ones own mech in the games one gets all the free advertising every time the mech was mentioned during a match or not.

With Deathwalker using Clan technology it was regulated into the clan class which was just fine with Assinine Industries because it was a very popular class for spectators and that was what Assinine Industries really wanted. Wining bouts was just a secondary goal over the advertising to increased sales of their weapon systems.

In each arm is a Clan Extended Range Medium Laser. The Clan Extended Range Medium Laser is almost as powerful as a Inner Sphere Large Laser at one fifth the weight.

The lasers are just for opening holes in the armor. The true weapons of Deathwalker are its three Streak four pack missile launchers. The Streak SRM-4 launchers are to find holes in a mechs armor to try to damage internal components.

Deathwaker’s true ability is not in offense but in defense. It carries twenty one tons of hardened armor which accounts for forty two percent of its mechs entire mass on top of that it has six jump jets. The idea behind its defense is first to be hard to hit by always jumping around and second if it is hit to be able to take one heck of a pounding before the armor in penetrated. The mechs weapons where carefully chosen to reflect this defense. With the mech jumping all of the time and firing its two extended range medium lasers it does not create more heat than the mechs ten double heat sinks can dump. Even if the mech jumps and happens to get a lock with all three of its streak missile systems the mech only creates five more heat than the mech can dump. With the chance of the streak SRMs finding a critical hole in the targets armor its well worth the heat buildup.

To help protect the Streak SRM-4 ammo supply the ammunition was first placed in the legs where there is more armor protection second it was spit up equally between the two legs. If one leg starts to take to much damage the missile launchers can just draw from that leg until its ran dry. If the leg starts to get to a point of its armor being close to penetration the ammo in that leg can be dumped to prevent an ammo explosion and the missile launchers still have the ammunition in the other leg. (I ended up losing one shot of fire for my SRMs by doing this but I think it was well worth it.)
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/16/16 03:18 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3492

Contact Admins Sarna.net