Wacky Battle Report

Pages: 1
KamikazeJohnson
05/24/16 04:06 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Took part in a team match yesterday, 6 players, 2 'Mechs/3000 bv2 each. The result was crazy enough I figured I'd post here about it.

Teams were as follows:
Red Team:
Spider
Quickdraw
Awesome
Ostroc
Banshee (AC/20 variant)
Banshee (AC/10 and 2xPPC variant)

Blue Team:
Thug
Warhammer
Warhammer
Thunderbolt (5SS variant)
Daboku (extra armour instead of CASE...we were playing 3039, no Star League tech)
Blackjack.

Awesome claimed the center of the map, Thunderbolt and both Whammies moved in to engage it. Banshee scores an AC/20 hit at a target number of 11 on one of the Warhammers, nearly stripping the CT. Quickdraw jumps up on a building, only to take a PPC to the head, suffering a Cockpit crit. Same round, Awesome hits the Thunderbolt in the Head, knocking out Life Support. Next round, one of the Whammies hits the Awesome in the Head for a cockpit crit, whike the Awesome's dying blast lands a second Head shot on the T-Bolt. Thug kicks at the Spider with a target number of 9 and hits, removing the leg. Pilot declares the Spider disabled and ejects. Following round, the AC/20 Banshee reaches the middle. The other Banshee tags the Thug in the Head for a Sensor crit. Round after that the Ostroc attempts to engage the Thug, gets ganked by the Whammies for a Gyro hit, falls, pilot loses consciousness. Meanwhile, the Blackjack rushes the AC/20 Banshee to range 3, hits with 1 AC/2 and 4 MLs, scores an armour-piercing crit in the Right Torso, ammo hit.

Last round, the remaining Banshee, essentially along against 5 'Mechs, Alphs Strikes the Thug in an attempt to score a second kill for the team. Massive overheat, fails the ammo explosion check at 4+, disappears in a lovely display of fireworks.

Definitely one of the weirdest matches I've ever been part of.

In case anyone was wondering, I had the Daboku/Blackjack combo.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
05/24/16 05:52 PM

It's like the French Revolution played out in BT: orf wit' their 'eads!

You play enough BattleTech games, you see some crazy games.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
ghostrider
05/24/16 10:16 PM

Have to check the loaded dice they were using.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3767

Contact Admins Sarna.net