Armament:
4 HV AC/2s
2 Light Machine Guns
1 Inner Sphere CASE
1 Inner Sphere Targeting Computer
1 C3 Computer (Slave)
1 Drone Control System (2.5 tons)
1 Infantry Bay (4.0 tons)

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 40 points 8.00
Engine: No Engine 0 0.00
Cruise MP: 0
Flank MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 0 0.00
Control Equipment: 0.00
Lift Equipment: 0.00
Turret: 3.50
Armor: Hardened AV - 96 12.00

Armor
Factor
Front 24
Left/Right 19/19
Turret 19
Rear 15

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Spaces Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 HV AC/2s T 4 4 32.00
2 Light Machine Guns T 0 2 1.00
CASE BD - 1 0.50
Targeting Computer BD - 1 8.00
C3 Computer (Slave) BD 0 1 1.00
Drone Control System (2.5 tons) BD 0 1 2.50
Infantry Bay (4.0 tons) BD 0 1 4.00
@LMG (1/2) (100) BD - 0 0.50
@HVAC/2 (180) BD - 0 6.00

Park this thing on the roof of a tall building or on a mountaintop and accurately harry any enemy unit for two entire mapsheets in any direction. This is only a trailer though, the HVAC series are too dangerous to spend much money on. (in the unlikely event that you roll snake-eyes, BOOM.) At least an exploding AC-2 shot doesn't do much damage. You still have to roll once on the crit table though, ah well.. cross fingers and hope, and if lucky you still have 3 HV-AC/2s to shoot with for awhile.

For that reason I included "drone system controls" with the intention that the gunners be operating this thing from a safe distance, that may not be necessary though with the CASE. I am not sure, I don't know much about the rules for constructing robotic or remotely-piloted-drone units.

There's a couple LMG's and a small infantry bay so that one could set this up at a bridge crossing or similar place as a checkpoint. C3 lets nearby patrolling units accurately spot for the VERY long range HVAC2s. (35 hexes!)

I left it one ton underweight, because even a trailer needs an engine to power its turret and guns.. SAW has flaws. This design includes 1 ton free for a basic ICE for power (so the price might be a few K low)

Edited by happyguy49 (05/26/16 12:00 AM)
Retry
05/26/16 12:16 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ah, the HVAC. What would have been a decent weapon system plagued by gimmicky ammo restrictions and explodium.

2 Mill a pop is still rather expensive for a weapon system that has not much use and a chance to destroy itself. A lighter, more disposable platform might be more useful.
ghostrider
05/26/16 11:50 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The partisan tanks in the fluff said something about interlocking their fire controls together, though nothing in the rule comes close except the c3 system.
Despite some of the issues, it is definitely something that can be used. Though it might be better to go with something more disposable like a smaller chassis with one or 2 guns verses the 4. Spread them out some and allow them to support each other.
I would like to know the idea behind the infantry bay. Not the size, though a squad might be able to keep it protected enough, but over a platoon? Might be much, though it does allow an innersphere squad of armored infantry.

I don't know if they will remove though issues with future updates, as the 'bugs' are worked out of the system. I think the designers are still not sure if the system is overpowered or not.

Now. Do you see 3 lances of these set up with one designator, or would each lance have it's own?
Not a c3 issue, but asking since one for the company may be taken out.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3281

Contact Admins Sarna.net