Standard Ammo(LB 2-X AC)45 LT 1 1
LB 2-X AC RA 1 3 5
LB 2-X AC RA 1 3 5
2 Jump Jets RL 2 1
2 Jump Jets LL 2 1
ghostrider
06/01/16 01:44 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The C configuration makes me have to ask.
Since the pulse laser does not benefit from the tc, do you have to have one to cover the all direct fire weapons clause in it?

If the pulse doesn't need the tc, then you have a ton to use for other things.

Since they have changed tcs, I am not sure if they still do not work with missile launchers. Looks like all launchers are not including in the list of what it does work with, so you might have more weight in a few.
Silverlocust
06/01/16 02:08 AM

According to the wiki Pulse Lasers can be used with targeting computers. Unfortunately I can't post any links.
happyguy49
06/01/16 05:17 AM

TC's with pulse lasers give an additional -1 to hit, for a total of -3. Pulse lasers can't be used to target a location however.
ghostrider
06/01/16 05:06 PM

This results in a -1 to-hit modifier for all eligible weapons that tie in.
From that statement from the wiki, it would suggest they don't benefit at all from the targeting computer.
This is the first one I am responding to, so I haven't read if someone answered the question of if the tc needs to be figured in with the 'direct fire' weapons clause. That might need to be move to the general weapons thread.
happyguy49
06/02/16 08:45 AM

...no, that is incorrect. The -1 to hit made possible by the TC is added to the existing modifiers to hit for the eligible direct-fire weapon in question. This includes all autocannons and lasers, and all but one Gauss rifle. Even LBX cannons can get a -1 to hit, if they are firing slugs instead of clusters. (clusters get a -1 anyway)

Another example of modifiers stacking is AES. AES gives a -1 to hit to ANY weapon mounted in the arms, even if it, for instance, is a Varable Pulse Laser firing at short range, for a total of -4 to hit. Crazy stuff. Or, you could mount an Artemis V rack in an AES arm, and get a total -2 to hit with missiles (in addition to the bonus to number of missiles in the flight that strike). In fact, for weapons that inherently CAN'T target a specific location, such as pulse lasers, AES is often the more efficient choice weightwise or spacewise. That's what I did in this design, one of my favorites, my "Rifleman IV." Crazy-deadly machine.

http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/178264/an/0/page/1#178264

The rules update of a few years ago nerfed using Pulse Lasers for aimed shots, because you could mass target pulses on a vulnerable spot with only a net +1 to hit, making them too OP. Pulses still get an additional -1 to hit however.

Here's some more examples of game cases where stacking modifiers apply:

Regular pulses and X-Pulse lasers, they go from -2 to hit to -3.
ER Pulses, go from -1 to -2.
Variable speed pulses get an additional -1 to hit at any range bracket, with modifiers varying from -4 at short range to -2 at long range.
Regular old crappy 3025 Autocannons (and the new LAC series) can get what is effectively a -3 to hit when firing "Precision" ammo, (taking -2 off of an enemies Target Movement Modifiers and another -1 from the TC) letting one use them as you once could the old Pulse Laser/Targeting computer combo. (I made a devilish hovertank designed to penetrate rear 'Mech armor with dual LAC/5's with targeting computer and precision rounds; the "Backshot".)

http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/178169/an/0/page/1#178169
ATN082268
06/03/16 08:34 AM

I'm not sure what Mech designer you are using but I don't think you can split up a targeting computer between 2 locations (like in your "D" configuration of the Ravana).
Karagin
06/03/16 08:39 AM

Armor points for R/L torsos is incorrect as well.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Karagin
06/03/16 08:53 AM

Okay some of the weights are off, I am not sure HOW you did the math, but you are not following standard rules for Omnimechs. The C config is .5 tons light.

The TC can not be broken up and really not sure what all you are going for with the weapon load out for many of these configs.
Karagin

Karagin
06/03/16 09:00 AM

Also your last two configs come up off in the math. Each should have a .5 tonnage left over, you can not round the extra into armor and this is Clan tech so CASE is already accounted for. So what was the plan?

The ATM3 can not have 80 round of missiles, that makes it over weight. Your design does not use Endo steel, so can I suggest a re-evaluation of the weights and weapons and the layout.
Karagin

Karagin
06/03/16 09:06 AM

Also the layout of the information is very confusing and doesn't follow any of the normal patterns. Could you please follow the suggested example that is the first PINNED topic in the design thread and not lump items together, ammo needs to be separate from the weapon system.
Karagin

ghostrider
06/03/16 11:46 AM

That is, would you list ammo in a separate line then the weapon itself. Makes it easier to read.

The Targeting Computer can be used to help aim all direct fire weapons, including most energy and ballistic weapons. This results in a -1 to-hit modifier for all eligible weapons that tie in, or the ability to aim for a location that is not the head with a +3 to-hit penalty. Clan Targeting Computers weigh one ton and occupy one critical slot for every five tons of equipment they control (rounded up), while a comparable Inner Sphere version weighs one ton and occupies one critical slot for every four tons it controls (also rounded up). Total Warfare updated the rules to specify that Pulse Lasers (including Variable Speed Pulse Lasers and X-Pulse Lasers) as well as multi-shot firing autocannon cannot aim their fire, unless the affected autocannon are fired in single shot mode. In addition, an LB-X autocannon only receives the benefits if it is firing solid rounds instead of cluster ammunition.

That is game usage from the wiki. Note most energy weapons in the first line, and the OR in the second line.
Both those suggest not all energy weapons can be used with the tc.
Also the Total warfare line says they can not aim their fire.
I would try to highlight it, but that could be the basis for modifying the information.

Yet they do list the pulse and variable pulse lasers under what can be used with the tc. Contradiction of information?
Guess clarifying it is in order for the next rules release.
Akalabeth
06/03/16 02:05 PM

No BReds? How will it get those GTVA buggers.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6672

Contact Admins Sarna.net