Virtual Reality Cockpits

Pages: 1
DavidG
06/28/16 10:57 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I was wondering if anyone has used the virtual reality cockpits in any of your games?
CrayModerator
06/30/16 04:48 PM

The Virtual Reality Piloting Pod from "Unbound" was tried and declared munchy in my group. Fun if you want a piloting/gunnery boost, but that can be game changing.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
DavidG
06/30/16 10:26 PM

We play a game back when Unbound came out and I talked with the GM about using the it. I worked up a character using Mechwarrior that had a lot of points put into advantages to allow him to be able to have a custom mech with it installed. His base piloting skills was 8 and gunnery was also 8. He came from a wealthy noble family, but wasn't good enough to get into any academy. His mech was a custom Morpheus (65 tons) that had masc and 2 medium pulse lasers, 2 er medium lasers and ECM and Beagle active probe along with a targeting computer. It had a center torso cockpit with a one ton cargo space in the head that carried an elemental. The other mechs in the lance were all medium that went at least 6/9/6. It was a heavy scout lance. We had a lot of fun. I was still the worst gunner in the unit, even with all the bonuses.
happyguy49
07/01/16 08:27 AM

The new Tripod dual-cockpit gives you a -1 to Piloting skill rolls, but thats it. And it weighs a ton more. Bonuses to gunnery also would probably indeed be munchy.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 132 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3943

Contact Admins Sarna.net