Aerospace fighters squadrons/stars record sheets

Pages: 1
MarKaiSan
07/18/16 04:28 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi,

I have a large collection of aerospace miniatures which include the Ral Partha items:

20-163 Clan Fighter #1 3 squads of 3 (which I have identified as Batu's)
20-164 Clan Fighter #2 3 squads of 3 (which I have identified as Jagatai's)
20-165 Clan Fighter #3 3 squads of 3 (which I have identified as Sabutai's)

and oddly the Inner Sphere squads which are given their correct names;

20-152 Fighters #1 Sparrowhawks
20-158 Fighters #2 Corsairs
20-159 Fighters #3 Slayers

Each of the above hex base's has 3 fighters which I take to denote a unit, so for example a squadron of 6 Inner Sphere aerospace fighters or a Star of 10 Clan aerospace fighters.

Which would make more sense in AT as the sheer cost of single miniatures and the large number of them on a game board would be impossible, the 8 Clan warship miniatures I currently own have a 140 fighter capacity and that does not include dropship fighter capacity!

Also as far as I am aware each aerospace squadron/star is made of the same fighter type.

So, and unless I am completely blind owning all Aerotech1/2 products, I have never seen record sheets to simplify fighter combat into their squadrons/stars, just single fighter record sheets.

has this been done already?

is it more practical? (surely it is)
MarKaiSan
07/18/16 04:37 PM

I forgot to add I have Battlespace as well, but I am mainly concentrating on the mech side.

Also the unit size is a disparity, a squadron of 6 Inner Sphere fighters going up against a higher technology and numerically superior Clan star of 10 fighters does not seem right, what about the next level up for Inner Sphere the wing of 18 fighters?
CrayModerator
07/18/16 06:25 PM

Quote:
MarKaiSan writes:
So, and unless I am completely blind owning all Aerotech1/2 products, I have never seen record sheets to simplify fighter combat into their squadrons/stars, just single fighter record sheets.

has this been done already?

is it more practical? (surely it is)

Fighter squadron rules are present at least in Aerotech 2-Revised (p50-51), with the squadron record sheet on p. 166. I haven't checked earlier and later works.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
MarKaiSan
07/30/16 11:43 AM

Cheers Cray, also found an earlier record sheet on Sarna.net for squadrons which appears to be an earlier version than AT2 with armor split up on nose/aft/left/right as opposed to AT2 record sheet which only has one value for the entire squadron.

Nice to have a choice, eh?
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4530

Contact Admins Sarna.net