Good memories...

Pages: 1
MarKaiSan
07/30/16 12:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
All through the 90's I worked in a shop selling all kinds of plastic kits and roleplaying.

Allot of my friends/customers were into Games Workshop, which we also sold, but the history (canon) and actual gaming side I found wanting, full of holes and over simplified.

One day I picked up a Fasa scenario book for Battletech and started to read through it, you know the little stories they put at the side of each scenario that give it substance?

This particular story was about a mech and it was surrounded and outnumbered, the pilot span his torso around with his arms held out discharging his weapons in a frantic last stand. Well that instantly hooked me into the BT universe!

What is weird is that I have never found that scenario again, despite all the BT products I owned.

I used to airbrush camo schemes on my BT mini's, which opened the eyes of many Games Workshop players who came into the shop, I also held small demo games in the shop and even set up a club for modellers of all kinds.

One year with a group of my customers and friends we went down to GenCom (?) held in Loughborough University, Mech Force UK were there, along with a demo board, well every time we walked past them my friends would egg me on to join in the game.

Eventually I did and got given a Hunchback IIC, first turn I got a perfect head shot and took one out, second turn again another destroyed opponent and still not a scratch on me.

Good memories, priceless to me....
ghostrider
07/30/16 07:01 PM

Was the scenario about an atlas pilot that was engaged with a lance of light mechs, one of them an urbanmech?

I know a few others that have gone the same route but that is the one that comes to mind.
Reiter
08/13/16 09:34 AM

Quote:
MarKaiSan writes:

One day I picked up a Fasa scenario book for Battletech and started to read through it, you know the little stories they put at the side of each scenario that give it substance?

This particular story was about a mech and it was surrounded and outnumbered, the pilot span his torso around with his arms held out discharging his weapons in a frantic last stand. Well that instantly hooked me into the BT universe!

Sounds like the 3025 TRO, Archer mech, Pilot in the Draconis Combine. Something about overloading his medium lasers to destroy the depot which had fuel or munitions he was guarding. Depot is then renamed in his honor.
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3630

Contact Admins Sarna.net