Some mechs have no good images

Pages: 1
JamesGoldfinch
06/15/16 10:50 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I find it interesting that there are no cool/quality images for some mechs... take the Pouncer for instance... I have never seen a nice image of one, or the Wolftrap... again no nice image... people choose not to draw/paint/make digital art of some of the designs.

I wonder what catches the interest of the artists about some mechs and not others.
Akalabeth
06/22/16 05:08 PM

None of these are good?
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Pouncer

Or you mean fan art?

I was doing some fan art for the 3025 stuff, I think even a lot of that is ignored these days. People like the clans or some of the newer aesthetic. I planned to draw all of the mechs from 3025 in different scenes but didn't get too far.
Rotwang
07/31/16 10:34 AM

Part of it is due to the fact that for nearly 20 years most of the artists who worked for FASA and later IP holders kinda sucked.

Look at the artwork in RPG's in the 80s and 90s and quite a lot of it hardly looks inspired, come the 2000's and you see dramatic changes in graphic design. If you look at stuff like the Mechwarrior computer game, we certainly have come a long way, but not all mechs have been converted to better graphics over the years.
ghostrider
07/31/16 01:03 PM

I would think part of the issue is with the basic designs as well. Some minor movement of say the loading ports or maybe weapons looking a little different, you get to a point that they all have the same basic look with some variations of weapon systems being used. The clan mechs are a prime example of this. They all start looking the same unless they have a very dramatic difference in them.

Depending on how deep you get into your pictures, making sense is another issue. Hard to really show where lasers are at if they don't stick out of the mech. And what is the difference between the coolant connection and the actual ac port in say the atlas? They actually had to add that into the fluff.

It can be done, but how close is too close for copyright laws in picture designs?

And I agree. Those that are 20 years or so older may not have had the vision or maybe the passion to make some good drawings of the units at that time. Also, I believe the lawsuit may have stopped alot of trying as well. Last thing you want to do is add to a list of plaguerized things that are being settled in the courts.

Possible issues. Some, all, or none might be part of the reason for this lack of pics.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 75 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4148

Contact Admins Sarna.net