Weasel Assault Gun

Pages: 1
Retry
08/09/16 08:32 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The Weasel Assault Gun is a simple-looking SPG similar in appearance to the Jagdpanzer IV. The Weasal is designed as a light, cheap, and easy-to-produce mobile field gun. At around 50,000 C-Bills cheaper than the Scorpion Light Tank, its armor protection is spread out in a way to provide protection against a single AC/20 hit from the sides and front armor. The Heavy Rifle is an easy-to-produce weapon with a long reach and a decent punch that's surprisingly effective against battle armor. Its engine is a rather underpowered 75 ICE, providing only very limited speed on all types of terrain. However, the Weasel is designed with limited amphibious equipment, allowing them to reach places few other vehicles can match.

Many periphery factions produce Weasels domestically due to their cheapness and ease-of-manufacture in order to bolster their forces. Some domestic versions of the Weasel remove the targeting computer for more armor or a machine gun, as the delicate and complicated electronics are difficult to produce on low-tech planets.

Weasel Assault Gun Mk.I
IS advanced
25 tons
BV: 362
Cost: 279,063 C-bills

Movement: 3/5 (Tracked)
Engine: 75 ICE

Internal: 12
Armor: 64
Internal Armor
Front 3 20
Right 3 20
Left 3 20
Rear 3 4

Weapons Loc Heat
Heavy Rifle FR 4

Ammo Loc Shots
Heavy Rifle Ammo BD 6
Heavy Rifle Ammo BD 6

Equipment Loc
Limited Amphibious BD
Targeting Computer BD
ghostrider
08/10/16 11:32 AM

Interesting that the heavy rifle looks to be a lighter, longer ranged version of the ac 10. On less damage and only 60% of the ammo per ton.

The advantages the scorpion has on this is the turret, speed and rear armor. The heavy rifle beats the ac 5 without much issues.
I could see this being used in a low tech world. Though the tc would be the main thing imported.
Is there an idea for one without the tc? Just to fit with the peripheries lack of high electronics tech?
Retry
08/10/16 03:57 PM

2nd paragraph answers your question.
"Many periphery factions produce Weasels domestically due to their cheapness and ease-of-manufacture in order to bolster their forces. Some domestic versions of the Weasel remove the targeting computer for more armor or a machine gun, as the delicate and complicated electronics are difficult to produce on low-tech planets."
ghostrider
08/11/16 12:52 AM

Don't know why I missed that.
I would guess armor. The rear is just a little to thin. A medium laser would go internal. Granted, if you are that close, then something has gone horribly wrong.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 208 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3957

Contact Admins Sarna.net