List of sourcebooks/readouts/scenario packs by internal chronology...

Pages: 1
ColonelCrow
08/12/16 06:41 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'm almost certain something like this exists, but if so, I haven't been able to find it.

Is there a list on Sarna.net (or elsewhere, I suppose) that shows all the sourcebooks and etc from Tales of the Black Widow Company to Touring the Stars: Butte Hold not by publication date but by internal chronology? By that, I mean that this hoped-for list lays out a history of the "lore" aspects of the game not in the order they've been brought out by various publishers but in the timeline order of the events portrayed within each product?

For example, if one were to be researching (as I happen to be) the history of the Free Worlds Republic from its founding to around 3080, with particular emphasis on the Jihad era and relations with the Word of Blake but needing contextual information going back to at least 3030, then which supplements would one read in which order? I've tried to figure this out on my own, but keep realizing when I get to Sourcebook X in my reading that it actually antedates Sourcebook Y, which I've just read.

The particular list (and this might have some crucial sources left out for all I know) that I've assembled for my project, in an almost certainly not accurate internal chronological order, follows below my signature if you happen to be curious.

Cheers,

Christopher

Technical Readout 3025 (revised) (FASA 8603) -- technical readout
Technical Readout 3026 (revised) (FanPro 10992) -- technical readout
House Marik (The Free Worlds League) (FASA 1622)-- sourcebook
20 Year Update (FASA 1639) -- update
Era Report: 3052 (Catalyst 35220) -- sourcebook
ComStar (FASA 1655) -- sourcebook
Technical Readout 3055 Upgrade (FanPro 35006) -- technical readout
Technical Readout 3057: DropShips, JumpShips, & WarShips (FASA 8620) -- technical readout
Technical Readout 3058: The Future of Warfare Upgrade (FanPro 35015) -- technical readout
The Fall of Terra (FASA 1684) -- sourcebook
Field Manual: Free Worlds League (FASA 1699) -- sourcebook
Field Manual: ComStar (FASA 1714) -- sourcebook
Interstellar Players (FanPro 35003) -- sourcebook
Era Report: 3062 (Catalyst 35221) -- sourcebook
Field Manual: Updates (FanPro 10976) -- sourcebook
Technical Readout 3067 (FanPro 10970) -- technical readout
Handbook: House Marik (FanPro 35019) -- sourcebook
Dawn of the Jihad (FanPro 35023) -- sourcebook (in Blake Ascending)
Jihad Hot Spots: 3070 (FanPro 35026) -- sourcebook (in Blake Ascending)
Jihad Hot Spots: 3072 (Catalyst 35302) -- sourcebook
Technical Readout: 3075 (Catalyst 35130) -- technical readout
Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2 (Catalyst 35303) -- sourcebook
Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents (Catalyst 35303X) -- sourcebook
Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers (Catalyst 35240) -- sourcebook
Jihad Hot Spots: 3076 (Catalyst 35304) -- sourcebook
Jihad Hot Spots: Terra (Catalyst 35305) -- sourcebook
Jihad: Final Reckoning (Catalyst 35307) -- sourcebook
ghostrider
08/13/16 01:32 AM

Grey Death Legion might be another resource that might have information you need, as they were on the FWL world Helm to get the memory core that allowed the innersphere to regain starleague technology to even begin to be on par with the clans, much to comstars/Wob's dismay.

And the Wolf's Dragoons had some dealing with the civil war in the 3000's in the FWL as well.

The clan invasion will have some history as well, since the FWL was tapped to produce alot of upgrades and such for the fedcom and draconis combine to help fight the clans. This is important as this is how they gained some tech and gained the resources to build more factories. It also helps explain alot of the resentment some of the FWL factions felt, as things like almost all of the ppc production was going to the fedcom/combine.

If you don't know, the history of the innersphere was rewritten some, as the original ideas were changed when new source books were written. The whole issue with star league and the reunification wars were made after the clans if I know right. So somethings will not mesh properly.

I hope this helps.
ColonelCrow
08/13/16 03:48 PM

Thanks, ghostrider!

I went through all my books and their attendant articles here on sarna.net and think I've come up with a reading order that works. Also added a couple of sourcebooks.

One thing seems to stand out, and that's that the 3040s seem to be kind of a black hole in Inner Sphere history. Between the end of the war of 3039 and the Clan Invasion, there's not a lot of stuff I've been able to find.
skiltao
08/19/16 01:29 AM

A user called Mendrugo put an index together over on the official forums: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=25780.0
ColonelCrow
08/19/16 03:56 PM

Quote:
skiltao writes:

A user called Mendrugo put an index together over on the official forums...

Goodness! What an awful lot of work that person put in! Thanks for the link!
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4996

Contact Admins Sarna.net