Manufacturer: (Unknown)
Communications System: (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System: (Unknown)

--------------------------------------------------------
Type/Model: Bonefire BFE-99
Mass: 65 tons

Equipment: Crits Mass
Int. Struct.: 104 pts Endo Steel 14 3.50
(Endo Steel Loc: 1 HD, 4 LA, 3 RA, 2 CT, 2 LL, 2 RL)
Engine: 260 XL Fusion 12 7.00
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 10 Double [20] 0 .00
Gyro: 4 3.00
Cockpit, Life Supt., Sensors: 5 3.00
Actuators: L: Sh+UA+LA R: Sh+UA+LA 14 .00
Armor Factor: 168 pts Standard 0 10.50

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 21 23
Center Torso (Rear): 8
L/R Side Torso: 15 18/18
L/R Side Torso (Rear): 6/6
L/R Arm: 10 16/16
L/R Leg: 15 24/24

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Crits Mass
1 ER PPC RA 15 3 7.00
3 ER Medium Lasers LA 15 3 3.00
1 Autocannon/10 RT 3 40 11 16.00
(Ammo Locations: 2 LT, 2 RT)
1 Autocannon/10 LT 3 7 12.00
TOTALS: 36 73 65.00
Crits & Tons Left: 5 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 11,904,201 C-Bills
Battle Value 2: 1,375 (old BV = 987)
Cost per BV2: 8,657.6
Weapon Value: 1,340 / 1,340 (Ratio = .97 / .97)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 24; MRDmg = 15; LRDmg = 5
BattleForce2: MP: 4, Armor/Structure: 4/3
Damage PB/M/L: 3/3/1, Overheat: 3
Class: MH; Point Value: 14
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CarcerKango
09/04/16 11:47 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I like it! Maybe drop one ton of ammo since then you'd still have enough shots for an average game. That plus downgrading the ERPPC to an ER Large Laser would give you enough tons to add four jump jets--maybe an idea for a variant?
ghostrider
09/04/16 11:56 AM

A little unusual in the aspect of heat.
Bracket firing is needed. Hell even volley fire is needed.
Granted 60-65 tons units are a bit hard to make effective.

As you posted in another thread about a crab, was this supposed to be a light king crab?
I know the placement of the 10s are torso mounted, so not the much.

Given the normal mechs posted, it is unusual it isn't more heat neutral. But that isn't a bad thing. Just not normal.
CarcerKango
09/04/16 12:57 PM

Well, if you save the ER Mediums for point-defense only, there's not nearly as much a heating issue. Just, like you said, bracket fire. Use each weapon where it'll be most effective and heat's not as much of a problem, especially given that the main weapons are AC's.
happyguy49
09/05/16 06:48 PM

I would actually KEEP all that ammo, especially because you can use precision or armor piercing ammo with the standard AC's. Which would make this design very dangerous! (you only get half as many shots-per-ton with specialty ammo, so the 40 shots would reduce to 20)

Maybe use a Small Cockpit and an XL Gyro so that you could transition to a Light Engine instead of the very-deathtrappy spheroid XL engines. (lose a side torso and mech is gone) Also if this were my mechwarrior's mech, I'd have my techs swap one ER medium laser for a PPC capacitor; if I'm using volley fire that turns it into a hard 15 point smack every other turn.
ghostrider
09/06/16 12:33 AM

Does it seem like everyone wants to use tech that isn't supposed to be available to all in every design?
It is my understanding that small cockpits were WOB only tech. And honestly. I would figure mech pilots would revolt against being cramped up in them with every design seeming to want to use that.

I understand wanting the best possible unit from every design. And for some, certain things are just not something they would use.
I know it sounds like I am saying alternative designs are bad. Their not.
It just seems like trying to munch out mechs with some tech.

I do like the ppc capacitor idea, though haven't looked up if they are compatible with the erppc.
The erll idea works as well, though as I said before, I prefer ppcs over lasers. Not sure why.
Might be interesting to see dual light ppcs on it. Doubt it would do much, but make it a light devastator set up.
Shadrak
09/06/16 02:28 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:
Does it seem like everyone wants to use tech that isn't supposed to be available to all in every design?
It is my understanding that small cockpits were WOB only tech. And honestly. I would figure mech pilots would revolt against being cramped up in them with every design seeming to want to use that.

Small Cockpits have been part of Experimental Rules/Level 3 rules since the late 90s/pre-Jihad. Anyway, post-Jihad WOB tech is largely available to all groups.

Quote:

I understand wanting the best possible unit from every design. And for some, certain things are just not something they would use.
I know it sounds like I am saying alternative designs are bad. Their not.
It just seems like trying to munch out mechs with some tech.

Small Cockpits give a negative piloting modifier...if the rules are used properly, this can be a severe hindrance...but a lot of players forget that when they take 20+ pts of damage they need to complete a successful piloting skill role to avoid falling

Quote:

I do like the ppc capacitor idea, though haven't looked up if they are compatible with the erppc.
The erll idea works as well, though as I said before, I prefer ppcs over lasers. Not sure why.
Might be interesting to see dual light ppcs on it. Doubt it would do much, but make it a light devastator set up.

ER PPCs can use a PPC capacitor.
happyguy49
09/11/16 04:55 AM

Ghost, from the wiki, small cockpits are from 3067, and were invented by the FedSuns. They were next acquired by the Lyrans, and stolen by the WoBBies. (I think, but am not sure, that the first line units to use them were the WoB "Celestial" series: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Celestial_series )

From there it would have naturally percolated throughout human space in another year or so. That is the way tech in battletech goes; initially it might be faction-exclusive, but a year or so later it is in the hands of trusted pet-mercenary groups with long associations with the inventing entity, then another year or so it is sold/shared to allies, then another year or so it would be available to anyone. And of course spies/raiders can steal it earlier than that. Clanners can trial the inventing Clan to aquire it if it is a Clan invention. By the 3100's all that mid-31st century tech is everywhere.

Shadrak is right, speroid ER PPC's can use a PPC capacitor. NOT CLAN ONES though.. only spheroid PPCs, so that means regular PPC, snub-nose PPC, Light PPC, inner sphere ER PPC, and the Heavy PPC.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4947

Contact Admins Sarna.net