Flamer TU 3
Large Laser TU 8

Ammo Loc Shots
AC/20 Ammo BD 5
AC/20 Ammo BD 5
Headhunter
11/03/16 09:02 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Not trying to zombie old posts, but what is the thinking behind the design? Fluff always makes the machine in these things. The math is good, and I can see it as a city defender or some such, but what did you use it for? Does it have a story? These are the things I'm always curious about.
Retry
11/03/16 11:54 PM

Good lord!
This thing's from forever ago, I don't remember man!
Karagin
11/03/16 11:54 PM

Shouldn't you have more ammo for the AC20 after all folks will want to use that big gun.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Retry
11/04/16 04:20 PM

I guess I may as well make up some fluff.
The Raze Medium MBT was designed as a high-tech AFV while being a cheaper alternative to normal MBTs such as the Rommel and Patton. The new Axel Mk.I tank was introduced in 3036, which carried much of what the Rommel had half of the price due to its ICE engine. This took away sales from the Rommel and forced Defiance Industries back to the drawing board to come up with a new design.

The choice was either to lighten the Rommel frame or to equip it with an ICE engine in order to cheapen it. With the Axel already having an edge in the economy tank market, the obvious choice was to lighten the frame.

By foregoing the tracks and cutting back on certain components, the new tank managed to make the same speed with a smaller engine and at a mass ten tons lighter. The turret was substantially redesigned to include a coaxial Large Laser and Flamer as well, providing plenty of backup to the AC/20.

The resulting design was more than a million C-Bills cheaper than the Rommel and about half a million more expensive than the Axel tank it aimed to compete with. While intended to be multipurpose, its lacklustre range got in the way of its role, and it was primarily used as an inner-city combatant.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4789

Contact Admins Sarna.net