A question on the Thanatos, EDIT: Design Post.

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
11/13/16 10:17 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Would it be possible to construct a Thanatos design with an LBX-10, AC/5, Large Pulse Laser, Flamer, and Lance Melee weapon in place of the MRM Launcher without having either a suicidal amount of ammo and/or heat sinks?

P.S. A prospective new player, looking for a Virginia Tabletop group at some point when I have bought the necessary materials.

P.P.S. I'm just impatient; this 'Mech sounds awesome to build, and I was wondering if it was possible to build and play it.

EDIT: Here is design posted ad question answered. I'm new to saran, and I copy/pasted the design format in the related thread. If I done goofed, I sincerely apologize. Would appreciate some thoughts on this.

RE-EDIT: Would appreciate some feedback if this is "game-legal". The megamek meklab validated it, or rather it passed the validation.

Name: Lancemark Dragoon
Mass: 75 Tons
Chassis: Thanatos TNS-4S
Power Plant: 300XL

Movement: 4/6/2

Cruising Speed: ???
Maximum Speed: ???

Jump Jets: 2
Jump Capacity: ???

Armor:224/231

Armament:

Flamer
Large Pulse Laser
LB 10-X AC
AC/5

Manufacturer:
Primary Factory:
Communications System:
Targeting and Tracking System:

Equipment

CASE RT
Guardian ECM Suite LT
Ejection Seat HD
Lance LA

Mass 6 Tons

Internal Structure: 114

Engine
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 2

Heat Sinks: 12 [24]

Gyro: Standard
Mass: 3 tons

Cockpit: Standard
Mass: 3 tons

Armor Factor:

Armor Type: Standard
Armor Mass: 14 tons

Internal Structure: Endo Steel

Internal Structure Mass: 4 tons

Head 9
Center Torso 34
Center Torso (rear) 11
R/L Torso 24
R/L Torso (rear) 7
R/L Arm 23
R/L Leg 31

Weapons & Ammo Location Critical Tonnage

LB 10-X AC LT 6 11
LB 10-X Cluster Ammo RT 1 1
LB 10-X AC Ammo RT 1 1
AC/5 RA 4 8
AC/5 Ammo RT 1 1
Armor- Piercing AC/5 Ammo RT 1 1
Flamer RT 1 1
Large Pulse Laser RA 2 7
"Woad Raider, kill things today."

Edited by l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ (11/14/16 12:21 AM)
ghostrider
11/14/16 11:31 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok. First. It is assumed this is an innersphere model. This information is necessary to figure out weight for components as well as how much internal structure they take. Heat for weapons and range are other factors.

4/6/2 movement means 4 cruising speed, 6 flank/maximum, and 2 for jump capacity.

The weights seem to be over by half a ton. IS CASE is half ton, while clan is no weight., I don't have the patience to see if the internals are accurate, but it doesn't appear to be an issue.
Now there is some question on using 12 double sinks, as it looks like the mech is ok with just the standard 10 with the engine.
With this, you could drop the 2 extra sinks for 2 tons of weight. Or drop one and go from there.
As the 2 jets build up 3 points of heat, I would think at least one more jet might be worth a ton if you drop a sink or both.

In my opinion, 2 different ac's on the same mech seems like a waste of resources. Some would suggest more energy weapons.
Looks like the unit works as is, but seems to be less efficient then it could be. And this is not saying go with the min/max method of working with it.
For a 75 ton unit, it seems a bit under gunned.
Granted the lance does some damage when in physical range.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 192 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3343

Contact Admins Sarna.net