Combined armes city militia infantry company

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/01/14 02:00 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Here is a combined arms company that only would cost you just over 800K C-Bills to out fit a cities militia. I think thees armored wheeled tanks with their two attached platoons of infantry troopers would do well against a light lance of 3025 battle mechs.

Eight Dirt cheep APCs

Dirt cheep APC

tech level L1
chassis Wheeled
tank weight 7.5t
engine 45 ICE 2t
cruse speed 8
Flank speed 12
control .375t
IS .75t

Armor 44p 2.75t

Front 1/18
LT/RT 1/10
Back 1/6

Weapons/ammo
Machine Gun front .5t
Machine Gun ammo (25) .125t
Infantry squad 1t

Cost 51,357 C-Bills

This armored wheeled truck is just meant to get seven infantry troops to the battlefield. Its armor and the machine gun are there just encase it needs something to get its self away from the battlefield after dropping off the infantry troopers.

Four Assinine Industrys Infantry Support Tank

Assinine Industrys Infantry Support Tank

tech Enter Sphere post 3050
chassis wheeled
tank weight 10t
engine 60 3t
cruse speed 8
Flank speed 12
control .5t
IS 1t

Armor 32p 2t

Front 1/2
LT/RT 1/7
Back 1/16

Weapons/ammo
MRM 10 rear 3t
MRM ammo (12) .5t

cost 97,988 C-Bills

This is Assinine Industrys first tank that the company designed and marketed. Surprisingly its still Assinine Industrys best seller. When Assinine Industrys first set up shop they needed something for both defense and something that could be shipped off to the Enter Sphere to raise much needed capital for rebuilding the planet from the resent war to take the planet.

When it came to what to build there was little choice the planet did not have many options available to exploit. One small plant that survived with very minor damage was a plant that built ten ton trucks for local use as cargo hauling. It was not that hard to upgrade the plant to build military grade chassis.

The armor plating to use on the truck chassis that was as simple choice, simple armor plating was really the only choice do to the lack of plants to make anything else. The armor plant that was there before the invasion was heavily damaged during the fighting and the only thing that could be made anymore was just simple armor plating.

When it came to what to arm the trucks with that was very easy and quite difficult. Other than small arms the planet had no military weapons built on planet so anything the trucks where to be armed with would have to have the manufacturing plant be built from the ground up. The easy part was what to arm the trucks with. The only real choice was Medium Range Missiles do to how simple they where to make.

Its sells is targeted at small cities and towns to defend ageist raiding. It really has no hope of defeating anything more than maybe a 20 ton mech. But it still sees large sells.

A lot of infantry units have praised its help in giving them some greatly needed support. One of its greatest assets is that it can be parked in a bunker and fired by remote control. There have been more than one report from the tanks costumers that said that the tank delayed a raiding party long enough so a air strike or other friendly troops could turn away the raiding party. The funniest reports are the ones that tell of raiding parties chasing around the country side tanks that are out of ammo.

The designers of the tank knew that there tank would never be used in a offensive capacity. So it was designed to fire to the rear. That gives it the most speed when retreating. Also do to the original cargo chassis that was modified for the armored cars it was easier to leave is as is and not to have to modify the trucks to fire to the front.

I was really board so I decided to post something. I guess your also really board since you really read this and got this far.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
12/01/14 05:04 PM

I know it's gonna sound like picking it apart, but the mrm did not show up until around the time of the clan invasion, so saying 3025 with it is a little off. Now I don't deny it would be effective.
Though a mix of lrm vehicles with srm vehicles could cover the gaps.

Where these 2 vehicles designed to work together?
I find it odd that the support tank was rear mounted weapons, which is a little counter to normal support unit designs. I can see the apc doing so as it runs, but the support tank definition would imply some sort of offensive abilities, even if it is to lay down cover fire for the infantry. But that might just be me.

I would suggest with the apc moving a little more armor to the rear, as well as the mg, since as you said, they would be running from danger.
And the support tank would benefit from a turret. Not really a great idea given the armor load and lack space, I know.

They look like they would work as is, since they are only there to get infantry to a position and get the hell out.
KamikazeJohnson
12/01/14 06:17 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

I know it's gonna sound like picking it apart, but the mrm did not show up until around the time of the clan invasion, so saying 3025 with it is a little off. Now I don't deny it would be effective.

I find it odd that the support tank was rear mounted weapons, which is a little counter to normal support unit designs. I can see the apc doing so as it runs, but the support tank definition would imply some sort of offensive abilities, even if it is to lay down cover fire for the infantry. But that might just be me.

I would suggest with the apc moving a little more armor to the rear, as well as the mg, since as you said, they would be running from danger.
And the support tank would benefit from a turret. Not really a great idea given the armor load and lack space, I know.

They look like they would work as is, since they are only there to get infantry to a position and get the hell out.

I agree with the LRM tank suggestion...indirect fire is a HUGE advantage to city defenders: well-placed Jump Infantry to spot, hidden support units lobbing LRM fire from safe locations. Absolute death for the first attackers in range.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
12/01/14 09:22 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

What does MRMs being from around the the Clan era and my vehicles fighting older 3025 mech designs have anything to do with each other? You out right confused me on this one.

Quote:

Way to costly. To rearm the entire company would cost 11,000 C-Bills as it is. Most cities cant afford spending hundreds of thousands on reloads.

Quote:

The APCs are not really designed to fight but that does not mean that the commanding officer or the troops wont want it there to give supporting fire.

As for the MRM support tank I designed it some years ago and liked it as it is for what it was meant for. Its a REALLY cheep fire support tank that cities could afford to give their militia infantry a little supporting fire.

As for firing to the rear I explained that in the text. The vehicle was something that was thrown together with what was available to Assinine Industries to get the company its start in the arms market and to bring in funds to rebuild the planet that Adam Eselon invaded and took over. (I really need to come up with a name for the planet one of thees days!!!) Adam Eselon used that it was always meant to fire to the rear as a marking tool hopping that his costumers don't realize that he was really B.S.ing them for the reason the vehicle fired to the rear. The true reason it fires to the rear was that it would have cost to much to redesign the trucks chassis to let the MRM fire to the front and to support all the armor if all of the rear armor was moved to the front instead being on the rear.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
12/02/14 06:52 AM

the mrm time line was a bit confusing, saying it would work well against a light lance 25 or so years in the past with newer technologies. That is like saying a devastator mech would be useful to kill a battalion of light mechs. Newer technologies should have the advantage.
It sounded like your tanks were on sale during 3025. Not everyone has been on the board since it first started. Sorry if that throws some of your ideas astray.

And I do like the reason for rear firing weapons. It would be easier to mount the launchers in the rear then changing the cab.

Now one thought about rearming the company. Wouldn't the mrm's cost more since they are more specialized ammunition?

And fully restocking ammo bins would mean they failed to follow their mission profile.
12/02/14 05:14 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

the mrm time line was a bit confusing, saying it would work well against a light lance 25 or so years in the past with newer technologies. That is like saying a devastator mech would be useful to kill a battalion of light mechs. Newer technologies should have the advantage.

MRMs are dumb unguided rockets unlike LRM and SRM which are guided missiles. MRMs are not advanced technology they are old discarded technology, what they are is advanced rules weapons.

Quote:
It sounded like your tanks were on sale during 3025. Not everyone has been on the board since it first started. Sorry if that throws some of your ideas astray.

Nope. Adam Eselon the founder of Assinine Industries was born in 3012 on Helm, In 3025 he was only 13 years old. Assinine Industries was founded when Adam Eselon was in his mid to later 20s with his stolen copy of the Grey Death Memory Core, (I never did give a date of founding in the history of Assinine Industries I wrote. I should see about correcting that on of thees days.) So the tank would have been first built like around the very early 3040s.

Quote:
Now one thought about rearming the company. Wouldn't the mrm's cost more since they are more specialized ammunition? And fully restocking ammo bins would mean they failed to follow their mission profile.

Nope they cost great deal less do to being unguided dumb rockets unlike costly guided missiles like LRMs and SRMs. A ton of MRMs cost 5,000 C-Bills where LRMs cost 30,000 C-Bills and SRMs cost 27,000 C-Bills.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
12/16/16 03:22 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 98 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5285

Contact Admins Sarna.net