ER Large Laser RA 2 5
ER Large Laser LA 2 5
2 Medium Laser RT 2 2
3 Jump Jets RT 3 1.5
Double Heat Sink RT (*) 3
3 Medium Laser LT 3 3
3 Jump Jets LT 3 1.5

Cost CBills 13,117,340

Assinine Industries wanted to upgrade the Griffin for the elite battlemech defense force. As with there other mechs they started with an Endosteal internal structure, in that they installed a 350 EL fusion power plant. The ER large laser is seventy present the weight of the standard PPC with the same range, so they replaced the PPC that is in the right arm with a ER large laser and gave the left arm one to mach. The LRM system was removed and a battery of two medium lasers where put in its place and like with the ER large laser another battery of medium lasers where installed in the left torso but in this case three where added. To fit the EL Gyro into the center torso the jump jet that was there was moved to the side torso and another one was added to the other side.

During the FS attack the Griffin squared off with two ASN-99 Assassins. The Griffin spotted the two Assassins scouting the area and open fired at long range. One of the ER large lasers hit the left torso. Before the Assassins could return fire the Griffin fired again hitting the Assassin again hitting it in the right leg. The two Assassins returned fire with there light PPCs, missing the Griffin. The Griffin pilot knew that if she let them get into her back they would make quick work of her back armor, so she jumped backwards. Nether the Griffin or the Assassins hit. Trying to end the battle the griffin pilot acted like she was going to run away she jumped behind a hill. When they came around the hill she opened fire with her medium lasers and one of the ER large lasers. That attack destroyed what little armor that was left on the mech. The Assassin pilot was forced to eject from his damaged battle mech. The other Assassin opened up with all of his weapons doing some minor damage to the Griffin. The remaining Assassin pilot know that with his mate out of the battle he had little chance to take out the Griffin. He tried to escape but in the long retreating battle his mech was finely taken down before he was able to get close to the other two mechs of his scouting lance.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Prince_of_Darkness
06/25/09 01:13 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Your engine listing is wrong- it should be a 330 XL, not a 350.

As for the 'mech, I do have some real issues with it. Like your Hunchback, this thing is both absurdly expensive and extremely vulnerable- I could make (or buy) an assault 'mech loaded with accurate, TC guided Gauss Rifles and pulse lasers for 13 million C-bills.

While the dual ER Large setup is nice for it's size, the lack of jump jets makes it seem less than a Griffin, which always had them in each variant. Also, I find that you are rather oversinked- with bracketed firing, you'll cut off those ER LL's once the ML's come into play, and since you don't jump, your max heat for any given bracket is around 26 (run, fire both ER LL's). To me, you have two DHS you don't need, which I would remove for another two Medium lasers.

Aside from that, the only other thing I can think up would be the removal of the XL Gyro by some means- I don't see any problem with it by itself (or with a standard engine...) but I don't think you move fast enough to really warrant it and all of it's disadvantages.
CrayModerator
06/25/09 03:39 PM

Quote:

As for the 'mech, I do have some real issues with it. Like your Hunchback, this thing is both absurdly expensive and extremely vulnerable- I could make (or buy) an assault 'mech loaded with accurate, TC guided Gauss Rifles and pulse lasers for 13 million C-bills.

On the other hand, if I were a military buyer than a merc, I wouldn't mind the cost. 13 million is chump change in a universe with trillions of taxpayers - the bottleneck is factory production, and I want the best I can get for X medium mechs per year.

A fast medium mech is pretty standard these days, including the XL. You simply can't use it like a standard 50-ton line mech (e.g., the Enforcer or Centurion), but they can be plenty effective if you don't treat them like a zombie.

Quote:

Also, I find that you are rather oversinked- with bracketed firing, you'll cut off those ER LL's once the ML's come into play, and since you don't jump, your max heat for any given bracket is around 26 (run, fire both ER LL's). To me, you have two DHS you don't need, which I would remove for another two Medium lasers.

That's a fair point.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
06/25/09 03:40 PM

There where some typos that can not be corrected on my post because of editing time expired.

Sorry about the 330/350 engine. As for jump jets it has six of them, they where not put in the movement but they are under equipment.

Walking MP: 6
Running MP: 9
Jumping MP: 6

My mech force is the last defense. When the planet is attacked large waves of light tanks and VTOLs would have been attacking the enemy wearing them down and harassing them before they could have gotten close to my mech forces.

No enemy drop ships can land near the capital where almost everything is that is worth attacking because if the extensive anti drop ship defenses that surround the capital. To defend from capital ships from doing bombardment from space I would launch nuclear missiles to destroy the capital ship that would attempt it. If there was no hope of keeping the capital from falling I would evacuate everyone from the capital and blow it up my self with my own nuclear weapons. The Federated Commonwealth knows what I have and that if they attack it will cost them a great deal and when they have won there will be nothing left to have been worth the extensive cost in there military resources to take the planet. Yes its ageist the law of war, but as long as you don't try to do space bombardment or over throw the capital the nuclear weapons will stay hidden where the are. About the only attack that would work is to block drop ships from landing on the planet. Since I sell weapons to the FC they would only be cutting there own throat.

As for other bandit kings, none of them have enough forces to be any threat. They know that they have no chance of wining since the FS came in and did not take over the solar system. One thing that few know is that the FS did not want others to know that they greatly underestimated my fathers defenses. What was told to the media was that the FS brought in a large military force and negotiated a treaty, not that they attacked and had there butts royally handed to them. One of the points of the treaty was that my father would assist in the logistics of any force that they needed in the area to attack bandit kings that needed to be put in there place for bugging the FS. The biggest thing my father pushed for in the treaty proses was a twenty five year, one hundred billion C Bill weapon contract deal. Whats the big deal of what sixteen very expensive battlemechs cost compared to such a contract.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/16/16 03:32 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 55 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6763

Contact Admins Sarna.net