Armor 32 2

Front 14
LT/RT 7
Back 4
Turret

Weapons/ammo
LRM 5 torpedo 2
LRM 5 torp ammo (12) .5

This is a light mini sub designed to harass mechs that are trying to cross deep water or to harass enemy shipping over water. They can take out large ships if wolf pack tactics are used.

I thought of this when I was playing with the Neptune last night. I wanted the lightest sub that could harass mechs crossing water. The real idea is to flood the mech than to destroy it.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
04/28/09 03:49 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quote:

I thought of this when I was playing with the Neptune last night. I wanted the lightest sub that could harass mechs crossing water. The real idea is to flood the mech than to destroy it.

Yep. SRMs have an advantage in that regard because they tend to hit multiple locations, but SRMs are so short ranged that the subs would be vulnerable to return fire from even IS 'mechs. Within the tonnage constraints, that's a solid design.

As a nitpick, I think you have to allocate non-MG ammo in 1-ton lots. Personally I wouldn't object in a home game, but otherwise you'd need a ton of LRM ammo.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/28/09 04:42 PM

Under fractional rules which I use all the time its legal.

That is why I have it under level 2 IS and not level 1 IS
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Prince_of_Darkness
04/29/09 09:10 PM

Naw, be a rebel and remove most of your armor and weapons for a single medium laser!

Jokes aside, Cray's pretty much nailed this one on the head. Fractional accounting appears again, but considering that there is no "super-tech" behind a simply smaller ammunition storage, it is more than easily tolerable. If you wanted it for a level 1 game, you could probably bump the speed down a bit for 0.5 extra tons- allowing you to bump it up to full.
04/30/09 12:40 AM

Fractional accounting is legal rules under level two rules. I don't like level one rules. There to limiting not to mention boring. Even if I wanted to play the earlier years, I would use level two rules. Mostly because of the low tech weapons that it provides.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
12/16/16 03:34 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6620

Contact Admins Sarna.net