Shadow Hawk P

Pages: 1
wolf_lord_30
01/06/17 12:17 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Trying to make a TO&E for McCarron's Armored Cavalry and right now, I'm stuck piecing them together using the Scenario Pack. One of the pilots, Commander Jeff Anderson, has a Shadow Hawk P.

It doesn't appear to be a typo either. In the fluff next to the 'mech, it specifically states it as a Shadow Hawk P.

Anyone have a clue what the Shadow Hawk P's stats are?
ghostrider
01/06/17 12:50 PM

Looked thru the MAC adventure pack I have and only 2 references in there. No stats.
So tried the objective raids and found the 2h lists in the back, but not under the factories it is supposed to have been produced at. It may be in the tro of upgraded mechs before the clans invaded, I want to say 3049 or some garbage like that.

Unless it is another pack, which I don't think I have seen it, I can't help with that.

Checked the wiki here and nothing said about it.
wolf_lord_30
01/06/17 04:32 PM

I'm not too worried about it now. I've finally read through the scenario pack. It's a complete cluster.... They didn't proofread very well and from what I could piece together, there are 6 lances in third company, third battalion, the commander of the third battalion is a captain, but in the third company, there is a major. Oh, and second company, third battalion had a full company listed and then several pages later, there were new 'Mechs for second company, third battalion, with no names for the pilots and different stats than the ones given previously. I feel like making a TO&E from that book is more work than just making my own loosely based on it.

Oh and the CO is Marcus Barton, but even in the pack itself, I swear they interchanged his name for Marcus Braxten a few times. Looked it up on here and even Sarna doesn't know.

I like supporting BT and buying product and I'm really happy that they finally turned some attention to the Crescent Hawks. But man, that scenario pack was disappointing.

Does anyone own Northwind Highlanders? Is it well enough put together to make a TO&E from it? I've seen here on Sarna that it is full of errors.
ghostrider
01/06/17 10:25 PM

Only thing I can think of with the MAC mech and pilot changes is they actually played them out and during the battles lost both. They might have actually changed out to new mechs and characters for it.

It also covers years that new equipment came out, but yet doesn't seem to have any in the MAC even though they raided defiance to get some revenge for the 7 million c-bill loss from one of their reps.

Couldn't tell you about the highlanders as I never got that one.

Would have liked to help, but I got nothing.
csadn
01/10/17 04:42 AM

_Shadow Hawk_ P: No such unit exists anywhere in the game universe. It's either yet another typo; or a variant which was going to be included, but was dropped for space. If I had to guess: I'd say it was intended to be a "Liao" _S-Hawk_ -- a variant peculiar to them, perhaps a "55-ton _Vindicator_", like so:

Type/Model: Shadow Hawk SHD-2P
Mass: 55 tons

Equipment: Crits Mass
Int. Struct.: 91 pts Standard 0 5.50
Engine: 275 Fusion 6 15.50
Walking MP: 5
Running MP: 8
Jumping MP: 3
Heat Sinks: 14 Single 3 4.00
(Heat Sink Loc: 1 LT, 2 RT)
Gyro: 4 3.00
Cockpit, Life Supt., Sensors: 5 3.00
Actuators: L: Sh+UA+LA+H R: Sh+UA+LA+H 16 .00
Armor Factor: 152 pts Standard 0 9.50

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 18 23
Center Torso (Rear): 8
L/R Side Torso: 13 18/18
L/R Side Torso (Rear): 6/6
L/R Arm: 9 16/16
L/R Leg: 13 16/16

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Crits Mass
--------------------------------------------------------
1 Medium Laser RA 3 1 1.00
1 LRM 5 RT 2 24 2 3.00
(Ammo Locations: 1 RT)
1 PPC LT 10 3 7.00
1 SRM 2 HD 2 50 2 2.00
(Ammo Locations: 1 CT)
3 Standard Jump Jets: 3 1.50
(Jump Jet Loc: 1 LT, 1 RT, 1 CT)
--------------------------------------------------------
TOTALS: 17 45 55.00
Crits & Tons Left: 33 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 4,654,856 C-Bills
Battle Value 2: 1,242 (old BV = 997)
Cost per BV2: 3,747.87
Weapon Value: 739 / 739 (Ratio = .60 / .60)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 14; MRDmg = 9; LRDmg = 4
BattleForce2: MP: 5, Armor/Structure: 4/5
Damage PB/M/L: 3/2/1, Overheat: 0
Class: MM; Point Value: 12

Apologies for the rubbish formatting -- this site doesn't recognize two "spaces" back-to-back....

An attempt by House Liao to supplement its medium-weight 'Mech forces, the SHD-2P trades armor for speed and firepower; the unit is noticeably faster than the _Vindicator_ (though with a shorter jump distance), and carries slightly heavier weapons (the _Shadow Hawk_'s SRM in place of the _Vindicator_'s Small Laser). One major problem of this design is that the _Shadow Hawk_ is not produced in Capellan space -- all units must be acquired from outside (and in many cases, nations Liao is at war with). Thus, this model is rarely seen save in units which can acquire _Shadow Hawk_s second-hand; McCarron's Armored Cavalry features several examples, all constructed from salvage.

(Pretty good for five minutes' work, eh? )

_Northwind Highlanders_: Not really enough info to build a TO&E from; in fact, the only really interesting feature of it is a _BT_ scenario from the pre-'Mech Era, which means it has *no* 'Mechs in it....
CF

Oregon: The "Outworlds Alliance" of the United States of America
wolf_lord_30
01/10/17 12:28 PM

Well, good work with the Shadow Hawk, nice little 'mech you put together there. And thanks for the tip on the highlanders pack. I won't be wasting money on eBay today.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 90 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4734

Contact Admins Sarna.net