Great Hand-held Weapon

Pages: 1
Korbel
11/01/01 09:31 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok... with the Max-Tech L-3 rules...
With 1 ton of ammo (200 shots/# of Mg's)
use max # of MGs that the mech can carry...
Link fire them so you only have to make 1 to hit roll
AND THEY ALL HIT THE SAME LOCATION!!

just make sure to outfit the mechs that carry these with Jump jets or ample speed to close within MG range...
I took 2 stars of Meds and lights vs 2 lances of Heavy/assualts and wiped the floor with them... Oh yeah... I have 2 of my Giant Elementals Raining Arrow 4's on their heads... hehe I'll have to post my Giant Elementals... they are fun...
(They are 100 ton mechs that look like... Giant Elementals...)

Michael Loveless
Nuclear Electrician

CrayModerator
11/01/01 12:06 PM

Eh...you need to read linked fire rules again. It very explicitly states separate hit locations are rolled for each linked weapon.

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Korbel
11/01/01 12:24 PM

hmm... ok... I think you may be right... but its still great fun...
With clans... .25 tons per MG... say 7 tons for the weapon...
1 1/2 tons ammo, 1/2 ton armor, you have 20 MGs and 15 shots!! thats 60 Damage... even more against Infantry...

Hey even better... 20 chances for snake eyes or a head hit... and damage is grouped in 3's instead of 2's for SRMs or 5's for LRMs...

I thought there was something to have a set of weapons to hit the same location though... But how you stated works just as well

Edited by Korbel on 11/01/01 12:32 PM (server time).

CrayModerator
11/01/01 01:20 PM

Look up the thread "Alpha Strike" in this forum or the "General forum." TRYCORP asked about linked fire rules yesterday, and I regurgitated a summary from MaxTech for him.

Yes, MGs would make an outstanding handheld weapons. The other good ones are first-turn, single-shot weapons, like OS missile launchers.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4792

Contact Admins Sarna.net